Thursday, October 1, 2020

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 7/31 - 8/6)

Friday (7/31) Since our air conditioning is not working, it was a rough night of sleep but thankfully the heat broke and it wasn't unbearable. We slept in again this morning and were having a fairly lazy morning waiting for my parents to get here. Then they texted that they were early so we all quickly showered and got ready for them to come over. We had a nice visit with them for a few hours including having lunch and playing a few games of Clue with the boys. The cooler temperatures hung around so we thankfully were all comfortable. My parents headed to Carl's house in the early afternoon and the rest of us continued on with our Friday. Adrian went back to work for a few hours while the boys played video games and I worked around the house for a few hours.

Then around 4:00 I dropped Daniel off at his friend Ethan's house for a sleepover. He was just thankful to go somewhere with air conditioning, ha! I came home to have dinner with Adrian and wait for the a/c repairman. Thankfully he found an easy and inexpensive fix and within about 20 minutes and we will have a cool house within a few hours. While he was fixing our a/c, my friend texted and invited us over for pizza and cake for an impromtu birthday party for her son (AJ's friend) Braven. We enjoyed yummy pizza, cake and wine together. The boys got together for the first time since the pandemic started and had a fun time playing video games together. We stayed a little longer than we should have, but it was so nice for all of us to catch up!! When we got home, I got the boys to bed and Adrian took care of a very excited Rocky. We watched one episode of "Parks & Rec" before we headed to bed for the night since we have a very busy weekend ahead of us.
Saturday (8/1) We were all sleeping in and then we were woke up by our phones ringing. My brother was calling to let me know that his kids are sick so we won't be able to come over to his house today after all. We are super bummed to miss out on time with my parents but don't want to go over there and get sick so it's for the best. Since our whole day (and probably weekend) are all cancelled now, we decided to have a relaxing day at home today. We picked Daniel up from his sleepover and the boys played video games and posted YouTube videos for most of the day. Adrian and I played board games all day. We played Viticulture, Pan Am and Castles of Burgundy and I won all three games, it was definitely my weekend! We also played the solo version of Awkward Guests since Adrian can't beat it alone but we lost and couldn't figure out the solution even with both of us playing as one. We broke up the games with a few episodes of "Parks and Rec" and "This is Us" and walks with Rocky. It wasn't the day we had planned at all, but it turned out to be a great day!!

Sunday (8/2) We slept in again today since our plan to have everyone over here is cancelled since we don't want to get any germs from Vinnie. After a slow start, we got moving on our to do lists. We got a ton accomplished and stayed really focused all day. The boys did a great job of doing their weekly chores and Adrian and I got just about everything done. We really got a lot accomplished in a short time today and the house is ready for the week. Since we were done early, Adrian and I played a game of "Roll for the Galaxy" after dinner and I won again. Maybe I should retire after winning every game this weekend, ha! We ended the night by watching "Don't" with the boys and then watching "Parks & Rec" and "This is Us" after they went to bed. It was not the weekend we had planned and I'm bummed that we didn't get more time with my Dad, but we actually had a pretty great and relaxing weekend. And we were super productive so I feel ready to head into the week!!

Monday (8/3) Back to our normal routine today. We slept in a little and then Adrian headed to work and I got to work around the house. I got some stuff done around the house and got the boys thru their daily activities too. I did a ton of cooking for dinner and also made a beet hummus for us to snack on over the next week. The day passed quickly since we were all busy and before long it was time to have dinner and get ready for our evening activities. I headed to the church to do one more Zumba shuffle class with my students. While I was there, Adrian took AJ to his Scout meeting where they worked on completing a merit badge and the upcoming calendar. When we all got back home, we cleaned up from dinner and then watched "The Floor is Lava" with the boys before putting them to bed for the night. Then we watched the season finale of "This is Us" which of course made me cry. I was just thinking that I didn't cry that much this season and then they sucker punched me on the finale. Also of note, we are all caught up on all of our shows from last season, and have watched other series as well. This is unheard of for us, we're normally very far behind and just barely catch up before shows start again in Sept. We will use the next two months to binge some series on our streaming services.

Tuesday (8/4) We got up and moving pretty quickly today as we had a busy day planned. Adrian did his morning routine with Rocky and then headed to work for the day. I got the boys ready and we headed out to Zoombeezi Bay for the afternoon. The weather wasn't great and we had some rain, but since there was no lightening the park stayed open. There was hardly anyone else there and we had a great time together! We played in the wave pool since the waves were finally on since it wasn't overcrowded in there. We also did all of the big slides, most of them multiple times. I got tired and the boys did a bunch of their own as well. We did a few laps on the lazy river and finished up the day with a family ride on the Sound Surfer. We were there for about 3 hours and packed a ton of stuff in to that time!!
After we drove home and all got showers, the boys played video games and I relaxed for a while since I was worn out after all of the steps at the water park. Then we had dinner together and got some straightening up done around the house. We took Rocky on a nice long walk and then came home to get ready for family movie night. It was my pick tonight and since I didn't have a good idea, I browsed Netflix. I decided to check out "Zookeeper" which turned out to be cute and funny if not very good. We all laughed a lot and really enjoyed it. When the movie was over, we got the boys to bed and finished our night with a few episodes of "Parks and Rec" before heading to bed too.

Wednesday (8/5) We all slept in a little today and Adrian took the day off to spend with the family. He got Rocky ready and dropped her off at daycare while I got the boys up and moving and ready to head out for the day. We headed up to Alum Creek beach to spend the day with Carl, Sarah, Isabelle, Vinnie & my mom. We spent a beautiful day at the beach together, swimming, eating lunch and trying stand up paddleboarding for the first time. We all had a great time and I was super proud of both AJ and Daniel for doing the paddleboards. Zak rode on them, he didn't want to try to steer or be in charge. Even my mom got on one for a while! It was a fun and relaxing afternoon and we all had a great time!
After a few hours on the beach, we headed over to Sticky Fingers to get some ice cream to refuel. Then we all headed back to our respective houses. Adrian and I were exhausted so we rested for a while before going to pick up Rocky and starting our evening. I got a quick dinner of pasta together for all of us and then headed out to work at the church for my weekly hour. It was nice to just sit in the quiet for a while and get a few things done. While I was there, Adrian went to his Zoom Bible study. When we were all done, we came back home and started our night routine. We watched one episode of "Series of Unfortunate Events" with the boys before putting them to bed. Then we realized that we were also exhausted so we just headed up to bed as well hoping for a great night of sleep!
Thursday (8/6) We all slept in this morning and Adrian and I woke up very sore! Paddleboarding was fun but it used muscles that we don't normally use. He got Rocky thru her morning routine and then headed upstairs to work for the day. I did a few things around the house and then Carl dropped my mom off to spend the next few days with us. Since we were all tired from a few very busy days in a row, we decided to just hang around the house today. My mom spent most of the day hanging out with the boys. They played outside, worked on their puzzle, played a few games and just hung out. The day passed quickly and we all had a nice and relaxing visit together. When Adrian was done with work, we grilled dinner and then played a few games of "Coup" as a family. It's a very fun and quicky game that we all enjoyed. After a little bit of free time for the boys, we watched tonight's episode of "Holey Moley" together and then got them down to bed. My mom followed soon after them and Adrian and I watched one episode of "Parks & Rec" before we also headed to bed. It was a nice relaxing day and exactly what we needed in between a ton of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment