Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 1/24 - 1/30)

Friday (1/24) We made it to the end of another weird week.  We thankfully all got up and moving, even though some of us were dragging and running late.  AJ didn't want to get up so we let him sleep a little longer and I drove him today instead of him taking the bus.  Adrian helped me get everyone up and moving and then he headed into work for the day.  I dropped AJ and Daniel off at school and then came home to get Zak and myself ready for the day.  We headed into school together since I was subbing all day.  I had a pretty easy day in my class and it passed quickly.  Zak and I headed out when the day was over and ran to Kroger to pick up my order and then came home for the night.

When we got home and settled, the boys headed upstairs to play video games and I hung out with Rocky for a bit.  I was really exhausted after the week, I think I'm still recovering from being sick and my body is just tired.  I decided not to cook dinner, we just had leftovers.  Then we did a few things around the house before settling in for family movie night.  We watched "Pokemon: Power of Us" for AJ's pick this week.  It was just OK for me and Adrian, but the boys loved it!  When the movie was over, the boys headed to bed since we all have a busy day tomorrow.  Adrian and I watched one comedy and then headed to bed too since we have an early morning too.

Saturday (1/25) We were up and moving early this morning because we had a super busy day today.  We got Daniel ready first and our friend picked him up and drove him downtown for his art class.  He had a great time again and is really glad he decided to try this class.  Then I got ready and headed out to the church to teach my Zumba Toning class.  We had a great time and got a great workout in class.  While I was there, Adrian took Zak to bowling where he had an off day of bowling but still had fun.  After bowling, they went downtown to pick up Daniel & our friend who is also taking classes there and brought them home.

I came home after Zumba and got a quick lunch and shower and then headed back out to the grand opening of the new YMCA in town.  I did a Barre demo class and had so much fun teaching the format, I'm glad I decided to try it again.  And the facility is beautiful, I'm very excited to be teaching there.  After class, I ran to get a quick eyebrow wax and then finally got to Costco.  It was super crowded but I needed to do it so I'm glad I sucked it up and went.  While I did all of that, Adrian took Zak to church for basketball pictures and his shoot out fundraiser.  Zak did great and got 25 points!!  Then he took AJ to his basketball game where AJ also played great and his team finally won one!
When we all got home, we were tired, but still managed to pull together dinner and get a few things done.  Then the boys played video games for the night while Adrian and I played board games.  We played our first month of Pandemic Legacy Season 2 and won the month, and enjoyed it way more than we thought we would based on the prolouge games we played.  We also played another game of Viticulture with the Tuscany expansion pack.  It was a super close game and Adrian won by 1 point on the very last moves of the game!  We all stayed up a little later than we should have but had a fun night together!!

Sunday (1/26) We all slept in this morning after staying up late last night.  We had a relaxing morning of coffee and donuts and then headed to second service of church.  We all enjoyed the service and then stayed for our annual church meeting and lunch with our church family.  After the meeting, I dropped Adrian and the boys off at home and headed back to the new Reynoldsburg Y to teach another Barre class.  This one went much smoother than yesterday and we all had a great time.  I hung out after class to chat with some friends and am super excited about starting my weekly classes there this week.

While I was there, Adrian got the boys thru all of their weekend homework and did a bunch of work around the house.  When I got home, we worked together to finish up a few things, then cooked a delicious dinner together.  Adrian grilled steak for us while I made potatoes in my air fryer and mixed up a salad from Costco.  When we were done eating, we fed the boys and helped them finish their weekend chores, then gave them a little more video game time for the weekend.  Then we got the boys thru their night routine and down to bed for the night.  I worked around the house and got as much done as I could for the week ahead.  We also watched some of last night's SNL because we really like Adam Driver and heard he was great.  We finished up the night with a few comedies from our DVR and then headed to bed to rest up for a full week ahead!!
Monday (1/27) Back to our normal routine today.  We were all very slow moving this morning so we decided to take some extra time to rest and slept in an extra 30 minutes.  Adrian helped me get AJ and Daniel ready and then he headed out to work while I drove the boys to school.  Then I came home and got Zak and myself ready for our day.  We headed into school together since I was subbing and we both had a great day.  I had an assignment where I met with smaller groups which is a nice change of pace from teaching a full classroom.  Zak was super excited when he found me at the end of the day - he earned the personal achievement award for his class for the second quarter for his outstanding effort to improve his writing.  He was so excited and proud to show me that he earned it and we are very proud of all of his hard work!!
After school we all came home and quickly finished our homework.  Then the boys had some free time while I cooked dinner and relaxed a bit before our night activities.  After dinner, I headed out to the church to teach Zumba.  We celebrated January birthdays tonight and had an awesome 70's and 80's playlist to dance to!!  While I was there, Adrian took AJ to his Scout meeting where they did a 3 mile hike to work on finishing AJ's next rank requirements.  When we all got home, we got the boys thru their night routine and then spent some time cleaning up the kitchen.  Then we watched two episodes of "Modern Family" and headed to bed for the night.

Tuesday (1/28) We are two for two with our normal schedule so far this week!  We got up on time and Adrian helped me get AJ ready and on the bus before he headed out to work.  Then I dropped Daniel off at school and came home to get Zak and I ready for the day.  We headed into school together and I had a great day subbing in a kindergarten class.  After school I ran Zak home then came back to school to teach Zumba to some of the teachers.  We have such a great time in that class and laugh SO much!!

After class, I came home and quickly made tacos for everyone for dinner while the boys did their homework.  Unfortunately while I was getting stuff together, our microwave died. It has lasted us about 10 years so it had a good run, but now it's time for a new one. We'll be shopping over the next few days to hopefully find one for over the stove. Then Zak and I headed out to our weekly Cub Scout meeting.  We learned about dinosaurs and played a fun game to learn about them to work towards another belt loop.  When Scouts was over, we headed home for the night.  Adrian and I got the boys thru their night routine and then down to bed for the night.  Then we finished cleaning up and watched two episodes of "Modern Family" before heading to bed too.

Wednesday (1/29) We got up and moving again on time this morning. Adrian helped me get AJ ready and on the bus and then he headed out to work. I dropped Daniel off at school then ran home to pick up Rocky and drop her off at daycare. Then I got Zak ready for his day, dropped him off at school and came home to get myself ready since it's my day "off" from working in the schools. I got my stuff for the day ready and then headed to Gahanna Y to teach my Zumba Toning and Aqua Zumba classes. They both went great and I had an awesome time with those groups as always.

I ate a quick lunch in the car as I drove over to the Reynoldsburg Y to teach my first Silver Sneakers Classic class there. I was so excited to see a few familiar faces from my days of teaching at Wesley Ridge, and heard that more will be following me there. We had a great class together and it was so good to catch up with some of those students. After class, I headed back to the schools to pick everyone up for the day, just barely making it for AJ and Daniel. I dropped everyone off at home and ran a few errands including going to Lowes to pick out a new microwave and set up our installation before heading over to pick up Rocky from daycare and then finally heading home for the day.

Adrian had Bible study tonight straight after work so the boys and I were on our own. We had dinner together and got thru all of our homework pretty easily. Then I gave the boys a little bit of free time while I cleaned up a bit from the day. When Adrian finally got home, we got the boys thru their night routine and down to bed for the night. Then we watched a few comedies from our DVR before we also turned in for the night because we were exhausted!!

Thursday (1/30) We were not motivated to get up and moving this morning so Adrian helped me get AJ and Daniel up and moving and then he left for work. I drove both boys to school and then came home to get Zak and myself ready for our days. I dropped him off at school and then headed to the church to have a meeting to figure out a couple of things for my job there. My friend and I got the work stuff out of the way and then enjoyed just catching up as friends and boy moms. It was a very nice morning together!!  After the meeting, I headed in to sub for the afternoon. The time passed quickly and soon it was time to meet up with Zak and head home for the day. 

After school, I got the boys thru their homework and then gave them free time while I got dinner ready and got us ready for our night activities. After a quick dinner, Adrian and Zak headed out to his basketball practice and scrimmage. They had a fun night and Zak played really well. While they were there, I was also at the church teaching my Zumba class. We had a great time dancing together and got a great workout. When we all got home, we quickly got the boys thru their night routine and down to bed for the night. Then we watched a few comedies from our DVR and also headed to bed for the night. These weeks are jam packed and we are very tired trying to keep up!

No comments:

Post a Comment