Monday, September 28, 2020

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 9/21 - 9/27)

Monday (9/21) Back to school today for another full week. We got up and moving on time this morning although it was very rough to do it. Adrian got AJ and Rocky up and thru their morning routines before heading back to our bedroom to work for the day. I got Daniel and Zak up and started on school and then I started working on all the stuff around the house that I didn't get done this weekend. I was very productive and got a ton done! The boys were super focused and did a great job on school today, even if they were tired. We all finished up by around 2:30 and headed out to celebrate mini golf day. We headed to the golf course in Westerville and found out that it was buy 18 holes, get 18 free so the boys golfed 36 holes in just under 2 hours. They did a great job and had fun!! And everyone improved on the second 18 because they were trying harder to aim and play well.

After we finished golfing, we came home and grabbed a quick dinner of leftovers before getting ready for our night activities. I headed out to the church to teach my Zumba class. We had a great group and had a fun hour dancing and working out. While I was there, Adrian took AJ to his Scout meeting where they talked about upcoming events and prepared for a backpacking trip. When we all got home, we celebrated holiday number 2 for the day - Batman day. We watched the older Batman movie with Michael Keaton and Jack Nickalus. The boys really liked it, it's still not one of my favorites though. When the movie was over, we put the boys to bed, watched an episode of "Parks and Rec" and then headed to bed too. It felt like a really long Monday, probably because we're all tired from our weekend.

Tuesday (9/22) We got up and moving on time but were still dragging today. Adrian got AJ and Rocky up and thru their morning routine while I showered and then got Daniel up. Once AJ and Daniel were started in school, I got Zak up and then started working around the house. I hate when I miss a weekend of getting stuff done and then just feel behind all week! The day passed quickly as the boys did their schoolwork and I did housework. AJ and Zak both finished pretty early so we worked on some Scout requirements together including AJ doing an inspection of our house to make sure it's electrically safe and Zak making a seesaw lever to lift things.

When everyone was done with work, they headed upstairs for some video game time and I headed out to run some errands. I tried to get all of my grocery shopping for the week done so I wouldn't have to go out again, but I ran out of time and still need a small trip to Meijer. I was super productive and got a ton done though. When I got home, the boys helped me unload and put everything away and then I got started on tacos for dinner for everyone. When we were done with dinner, Zak and I got ready to head out to Scouts. We had a great meeting where we talked about preparing for an outdoor activity and pitched tents while completing 3 requirements. The kids did great tonight, much better behaved than last week!

When we got home, we cleaned up a bit and then got ready for family movie night. It was my pick so we watched "Playing with Fire" since we had a free Redbox rental. We also celebrated what may be our new favorite holiday, white chocolate day. We enjoyed candy and popcorn while we watched our movie, which we all enjoyed. It was cute and funny, if a bit predictable. When it was over, we got the boys to bed and then watched two more episodes of "Parks & Rec" before we also headed to bed. I can already tell this is going to be a long week!

Wednesday (9/23) Thankfully we all got to sleep in a little today! I got Daniel up and moving on time so he would be ready for Patrick to come over, but we let the other 2 boys sleep in. Daniel and Patrick got started on their work for the day and were actually finishing up when the other two boys got up. They played together while AJ and Zak finished their independant work for the day. When everyone was done with their schoolwork, we celebrated World Checkers Day by having a tournament. The boys all had fun playing each other and Daniel was eventually crowned the winner by going undeated against everyone!


After the tournament, the boys grabbed a quick lunch and then headed upstairs to play video games. I had AJ's IEP review over Zoom in the afternoon and am encouraged by what I heard. Then I spent the rest of the afternoon catching up on stuff around the house and cooking a delicious pot of chili in the crockpot for dinner. I got my free meals from school in the afternoon and spent a good chunk of time trying to organize my freezer. After a quick dinner, I headed out to the church to work for an hour and then to Meijer to finish up my grocery shopping. While I was there, Adrian worked really late since it was a session day and then started cleaning up the kitchen. When I got home, we put away the groceries and then watched an episode of "Cobra Kai" before putting the kids to bed. Then Adrian and I made our snacks and watched two episdoes of "Parks & Rec" before also heading to bed for the night.

Thursday (9/24) We got up and moving on time, although we were pretty slow this morning. Adrian got AJ and Rocky up and started on their days and drove Rocky to daycare for the day before coming home to start working from our bedroom. I got Daniel up and ready for the day and then we waited for Cameron to be dropped off. After he got here, the two of the started on school and I got Zak up and ready for the day. Between Daniel, Cameron and Zak, they had 5 STAR tests and a Science test today, all at different times, so that was a bit of a challenge today. Thankfully they were all able to log on without any issues and I only needed to remind them a few times that I can't help with questions. The hardest part was keeping the other 3 kids quiet while 1 kid was testing. But we all survived and for the most part everyone did a great job!

While the boys worked on schoolwork, I worked around the house. I set up dinner and dessert in my instant pots so that they would be ready for us. When they were all done with school for the day, the boys played some video games together and also did some Beyblade races and marble races. After Cameron was picked up, we got ready for our evening. I went and picked up Rocky from daycare and then finished up the sides for dinner. After eating, I headed out to teach a Zumba Toning class at my church. We were all tired and dragging but still managed to pull it together for a great workout. While I was there, Adrian fed the boys dinner and then started cleaning up the kitchen.

When I got home, Adrian and I took Rocky for a quick walk and then we played a quick game of 7 Wonders Duel. He is hoping to exchange it tomorrow for a new game so we wanted to get one more in tonight. He played great and beat me pretty handily. After the game, we got the boys started on their night routine. They cleaned up some of the mess from the day and then we all got chocolate cherry dump cake for dessert. We watched another episode of "Cobra Kai" and then got the boys to bed for the night. Then Adrian and I watched two more episodes of "Parks and Rec" before we also headed to bed.

Friday (9/25) We made it thru another week, it was a rough one but the boys really did a great job! We got up and moving a little slower this morning but were very close to on time. Adrian got AJ and Rocky started on their days and then headed upstairs for work. I got myself and Daniel ready and then we waited for Cameron to be dropped off for the day. When he got here, they started their school day and I woke Zak up and got him started on his day. It was a pretty light day for everyone since yesterday was tough with the STAR testing. They broke up their school day with a lot of trampoline time, Beyblades and marble track. I worked around the house while they did schoolwork and the day passed quickly for all of us.

After Cameron was picked up, Adrian and I headed out to Huntington to sign our closing papers on the refinance for our mortgage. The rates are super low right now so we went into a shorter loan with a lower interest rate and will save a ton of money over the next few years. When we were done signing, Adrian headed to CABS to exchange our game and I went home to work on dinner for everyone. When he got home, we all had dinner and then the boys decided they didn't want another movie this week so they had some free time for video games while Adrian and I got a few things done downstairs and watched a few episodes of "Parks & Rec." Then the boys came down and we watched another episode of "Cobra Kai" as a family before we put the boys to bed. Then Adrian and I watched one more "Parks & Rec" before we also headed to bed since we both have an early morning tomorrow.

Saturday (9/26) We were all up a little earlier than we wanted to be this morning, Adrian, Zak and I because we had commitments and AJ and Daniel because they were woke up by the rest of us. I got ready and headed to the church to teach a fun (but super hot!) Zumba class. Adrian got Zak ready and they headed to the bowling alley for Zak's weekly league. He continues to improve and more importantly he's having a blast bowling again which is what we really want from the league! When we all got home, we all had lunch and then we played AJ's board game pick of the week, Food Chain Magnate. It was a new game for Daniel and I, and Zak sat this one out because it's a pretty involved game. Adrian won but the rest of us all learned a lot and had fun. We're hoping to play again soon!!

After the game, I got ready for my wine night with friends. Adrian made us all pancakes for dinner to celebrate pancake day and then he dropped me off at my friend's house for a night with girlfriends. We had a great time eating, drinking wine, laughing and having some good conversations. It was a very relaxing night and exactly what I needed after a long and stressful week. One of the girls drove me home and Adrian and I had another glass of wine together while watching two more episodes of "Parks & Rec." We took a break between episodes to put the boys to bed at midnight like we normally do on a Saturdy and then after the second episode we headed to bed too. It was a pretty great Saturday.

Sunday (9/27) We all slept in this morning and woke up not feeling like doing anything. Our plan was to go to the Scout Shoot-O-Ree but we decided to blow that off and stay here and relax and get some stuff done around the house. We had a lazy morning and a slow start to the day before getting started on our very large to do lists. The boys and Adrian spent a good chunk of time this morning decorating our house for the fall and Halloween and it looks fantastic!

The day passed very quickly as we were all busy getting our stuff done. The boys finished all of their weekly chores and their school work. Adrian and I got most of the stuff on our lists done while also watching some of the football games on the RedZone network. Unfortunately both of our teams lost again and it looks to be a long season for the Jets. After a quick dinner of leftovers and more work around the house, it was time to get the boys thru their night routine. We watched the first episode of the last season of "Series of Unfortunate Events" and then got the boys to bed. Then we watched some of the Sunday Night Football game and two episodes of "Parks and Rec" before we headed to bed for the night. It wasn't exactly the Sunday we had planned but it was probably the Sunday that we needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment