Friday, September 25, 2020

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 7/24 - 7/30)

Friday (7/24) We slept in again today, then I woke Adrian and Rocky up because I had a morning Zumba jam session I wanted to catch. Adrian did his morning routine with Rocky and then headed upstairs to work while I learned a new Soca routine. The morning passed quickly with me trying to get a bunch of small things tied up before a busy afternoon and evening. I got the boys thru all of their stuff for the day too and then jumped back online for the last jam of the week where I learned a super fun K Pop song. I had to miss the second half of that jam which was OK because it was a Zumba Step routine and I don't currently teach that format.

After all of that, Adrian finished work and we all packed up and headed out to Zoombeezi Bay for the night. We got there around 5:00 and headed over to the stuff we thought was closing. We played in the wave pool, babboon lagoon and rode dolphin dash before taking a short break for dinner. After dinner we checked out some new to us slides at the sea serpant. We had a blast riding the four tube slides that are there!! We all rode them multiple times! The mood wasn't even ruined by Zak and I flipping over in the pool and me losing my sunglasses (which the life guard nicely recovered for me). AJ and Daniel rode the cone ride by themselves and said it was awesome to get to do that alone. We finished the night with the 5 of us riding the sound surfer together. It was SO much fun, probably the best time we've ever had there. We stayed until it closed at 10pm and then headed home to a very excited Rocky. I got the boys down for the night while Adrian took care of her. Then we watched two episodes of "Parks and Rec" before heading to bed for the night. It was a great night!!
Saturday (7/25) Today started earlier than I wanted it to since I had to teach this morning. I got up and ready and headed to the church and had a great time dancing to the rest of my favorites with a small but fun group. Then I came home and picked up everyone else and we headed out for our weekly family walk. We went to Blendon Woods to walk their pet friendly trail and really enjoyed it. After walking for about an hour, we headed out to our weekly ice cream stop. This week we checked out Smallcakes in Gahanna and it was delicious! The boys got cones and Adrian and I each got a "smash" which is a cupcake cut open with 2 scoops of ice cream in it. So good!! They even had pupcakes for Rocky so she got in on the fun too!!
After we finished our ice cream, we headed home and I got started on my weekly chores. I was really focused and got a ton done this afternoon. I worked until dinner time and then enjoyed a delicious dinner with Adrian. After dinner, we had game night for the rest of the day. We played "Thanos Rising" with the boys and had a perfect game beating Thanos without losing any heroes. Then after Adrian and I took Rocky on a walk we played "Gizmos" (I won), "Splendor" (I won), "Azul" (he won) and "Sagrada" (I won). We broke up the games with an episode of "Parks and Rec" and one of "Press Your Luck." It was another pretty great day!!

Sunday (7/26) Today we all got to sleep in and when I finally got up and moving I did a few things around the house and then got ready to head out for the day with friends. Three of us met up and headed to Buckeye Lake Winery. We enjoyed the afternoon in their outdoor area, listening to live music, drinking wine slushies and relaxing. It was so nice to sit on the water and catch up with friends for a while. After hanging there for a bit, we all wanted ice cream so we headed to Dairy Barn and all got buckeye sundaes for dessert. They were so good and hit the spot on such a hot day! After eating those, we headed back home for the evening.
While I was out, Adrian and the boys got their normal weekend chores done around the house and I came home to a clean house. They also played a few games of a new to us game "Coup." When I got home, we took Rocky for a walk and then Adrian taught me a new game "Pan Am." It's a fun game and I won this first game we played! Then we got dinner together and finished up a few plans that we needed to make for this week. The boys headed back upstairs for a bit and Adrian and I played "Roll for the Galaxy" and I just eeked out a win. Then the boys came down and we all watched the next episode of "The Floor is Lava" before we put them to bed. Adrian and I finished up the night with some wine and another episode of "This is Us." It was a great weekend and I could almost forget about all of the stuff going on right now!! Hoping it leads into a great week!

Monday (7/27) We tried to get up and moving a little earlier this morning but were having a hard time getting going. When we finally got up, Adrian took care of Rocky's morning stuff and then headed upstairs to work for the day. I got the boys ready for the day and then started on my normal stuff around the house. I got the boys thru their daily stuff a little earlier than usual today because AJ had a follow up appointment at the orthodontist this afternoon. He still has 2 baby teeth left to lose so we're going to wait another 3 months and hope they both come out on their own by then.

When we got home, I finished up a few things around the house and then started on dinner. Adrian and I ate together and then I headed out to the church to teach my Zumba class. Unfortunately when I got there, I realized that the church didn't have power so we were not able to have Zumba class tonight. I was looking forward to dancing with everyone to celebrate my 7 year anniversary of becoming a Zumba instructor! I did hang out at the church with a few friends for a little bit and also got two really nice gifts from my students!!  While I was out, Adrian fed the kids dinner and started cleaning up. We finished cleaning up togehter and took Rocky on two short walks between the rain storms. We finished up the night watching "The Floor is Lava" with the kids and "Parks and Rec" after they went to bed. Not a bad start to our week!
Tuesday (7/28) We slept in again today, already giving up on our thoughts of getting up earlier to try to get more accomplished each day. Adrian got Rocky thru her morning routine and then headed upstairs to work for the day. I got the day started with the boys with breakfast and then they starting playing video games while I worked around the house. The day passed quickly and I got a lot done and also helped the boys get thru their afternoon acitivies. I was supposed to teach an Aqua Zumba class tonight but low registrations and forecasted storms cancelled the class for this week. Instead after having tacos for dinner, Adrian and I listened to our school board meeting over Zoom. They were talking about what the hybrid learning option would look like when school starts and we have the weekend to decide if we want to do that or full virtual learning. Lots to think about and discuss!

After the meeting, we took Rocky on a nice long walk and then got ready for family movie night. Tonight we finished up our second viewing of the Avengers movies with "Avengers: Endgame." It was still great, even the second time thru and knowing what was going to happen. It also felt a little more comfortable this time since we were able to pause for snacks, bathroom breaks and just to get up and move instead of having to watch the whole 3 hour movie in one shot. When the movie was over, it was super late so we all headed up to bed together for the night. 

Wednesday (7/29) Unfortunately this morning started a lot earlier than I wanted it to, especially after the late night last night. I had a Zoom conference with AJ's orthodontist to review the payment plan for his braces whenever he gets them on. I just barely got up and downstairs in time to do the call, but I made it. While I was doing that, Adrian got Rocky up and ready and then dropped her off at daycare for the day. Thankfully the boys slept in so I got some quiet time this morning after he headed upstairs to work. I relaxed by watching some TV and drinking my coffee for a bit and then headed out to get a much needed pedicure. It was very relaxing to sit and read for a while and chat with some other ladies.

When I got back, I got the boys thru their morning stuff (since they weren't up when I left) and had them do their afternoon stuff early since they had already stopped playing video games. When they were done, they headed back upstairs and I took a Zumba class online with Beto and some other Zumba trainers which I really enjoyed. After that I grabbed a quick shower and then started getting dinner together and got ready for my night. I picked up an exhausted Rocky from daycare, came home to eat dinner and headed back out to work at the church for an hour. While I was there, Adrian fed the boys and then had his Zoom call for his Bible study. When we were all done, we took Rocky for a quick walk and then watched and episode of "Don't" with the boys before getting them down to bed. When they were settled, we watched a few episodes of "Schitt's Creek" and then headed to bed too. I was exhausted after the early start today!

Thursday (7/30) After the early morning yesterday, we were back to sleeping in today. Adrian got up and got Rocky thru her morning routine and then headed upstairs to work. I got the boys started on their day and then I headed out to run a ton of errands. I went to Costco to do a much needed stock up trip, Cooper's Hawk to pick up our wine from the past 5 months, Trader Joe's to grab a few essentials and a few other smaller errands. When I got home, we unloaded everything and put it all away. I'm very thankful that the boys are old enough to help me unload and put away all of the groceries now. I joked that all of my school shopping was done after this trip. 
After we got everything put away, the boys did a few of their daily activities while I quickly cooked dinner and got ready for my Zumba class at the church. Thankfully tonight we had power so we were able to have class! We had a great time dancing together to a shuffled playlist of my favorite songs over the past 7 years as an instructor. After class, I ran to Kroger to pick up the last of the groceries for the week and finally came home for the day. As we were unloading, I noticed that the house was really hot. I asked Adrian and the boys & they all said it had been hot all day. We quickly realized that our air conditioning wasn't working! Thankfully one of my friends had a contact for an a/c repairman so he'll be here tomorrow to help us out. After all of that excitement, we watched this week's episode of "Holey Moley" before getting the boys down for the night. Then Adrian and I watched a few episodes of "Parks & Rec" before we also headed to bed. I was exhausted from the super busy day running around!

No comments:

Post a Comment