Sunday, May 31, 2020

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for May 31 - June 6)

We had another great week of sticking to our plan, even though there were a few days that I didn't watn to cook. I had a tough week staying motivated last week, not sure what was going on with me. I took some time this weekend to refocus and feel much better about our week ahead. We got our first CSA delivery this past Friday as well as getting some produce from my in-laws who were given way too much to use from the food bank. So this week meals will be focused around using up squash, peppers and the greens we got.
We have a weird week this week but for a great reason - we will be celebrating AJ's 13th birthday!! He turns 13 on Tuesday so we will be celebrating that day with his picks for dinner, dessert and a movie. Then on Saturday we are having a few of his friends over for a small birthday party for him. I'm thankful to his friend's parents for allowing their children to come over and help celebrate AJ becoming a teenager. It will be a fun week for us for sure!!

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Leftovers
Monday - Parmesan Chicken & Veggies with Air Fried Radish
Tuesday - Jets Pizza and Cookie Cake for AJ's Birthday
Wednesday - Garlic Chicken & Potatoes with Asparagus
Thursday - Chipotle Turkey Chili with Air Fried Yellow Squash
Friday - Stuffed Peppers with Kale Chips
Saturday - Little Caesar's Pizza and Cookie Cake for AJ's Birthday

Water Flavor - Mango. I got a box of 6 mangos from Costco last week and they are close to ripe. I love the sweetness of mango in my water so I'm going to use up some of them this week in that.

Baking This Week:
I'm not doing much this week since we'll be getting two cookie cakes plus we're taking a trip to the local ice cream place, Cones and Concoctions for our weekly trip out for food this week. We also have a loaf of friendship bread left from last week so we'll be eating that this week too. The only baking I'll be doing is another batch of Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars because the boys have been eating them for breakfast every morning.  Looking forward to some variety in my baking next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment