Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 5/1 - 5/7)

Friday (5/1) - Day 49 of "Corona break." We had a very slow start to our day, we all slept in and were very lazy when we got up.  Adrian finally headed upstairs to work and while the boys were showering and eating breakfast, I did a quick Zumba class that my friend recorded.  Then we started school for the last day of this week.  The boys were really focused and worked hard to finish up everything they needed to for this week.  We are all excited to only have two more weeks of school work left to finish up for the year.

After they finished school, they headed upstairs to play video games and I logged on to Zumba to do my last virtual convention session of the week.  It was another session of "Latin Urban" and even though it was the same information as earlier in the week, I still learned from the amazing couple.  I had a blast sharpening my dembow skills and dancing with Heidy and Armando again, and Rocky enjoyed watching it too.  When the session was over, I ran out to pick up our custom made masks and grab a few things from Dollar Tree to make posters for all of our parades next week.  It was a quick and productive trip.
When I got home, Adrian and I made dinner together and then cleaned up pretty quickly to move on to have a relaxing Friday night.  I headed upstairs with my wine and my homemade cookie that my friend dropped off earlier for a virtual wine night with friends.  I chatted, laughed and drank for 2 hours with them, it was fantasic!!  I wish we were in person, but it was still nice to socialize with them even if it was virtual.  While I was doing that, Adrian finished cleaning up and he and the boys got our popcorn ready for movie night.  Instead of doing a movie, we watched 2 episodes of "Stranger Things" and will watch 2 more on Sunday to finish season 2.  We were going to watch them all tonight but got started too late since I was on my call.  When the show was over, we all headed upstairs and to bed for the night.

Saturday (5/2) - Day 50 of "Corona break." The alarm felt very early when it went off this morning!  I got up and moving and headed to the church to teach my Zumba Toning class.  We had fun and got a great workout, but man do I miss seeing my students in person!!  I'm hoping this is the last month of virtual only classes and that by June we'll be back to in person classes.  When I got home, we had our weekly family fun day.  We spent the whole day relaxing, playing board games and watching TV.  We played two new to me games, City of the Big Shoulders (Adrian won) and Awkward Guests with the boys (I won).  I didn't love either game, but will play both of them again.  Then we played two favorites, Castles of Burgundy (Adrian won) & Splendor (Adrian won), it clearly was not my best game playing day.  We snacked on junk food all day and let the boys stay up until midnight.  It was a fantastic lazy day and I loved every minute of it!!

Sunday (5/3) - Day 51 of "Corona break." After fun all day yesterday, today was a work day for us.  We started pretty early since we all got up and moving quickly.  The boys did a great job finishing their lists by early afternoon including making a fossil craft from Zak's schoolwork last week and making posters for our upcoming school parades this week.  Adrian and I worked hard and quickly to get the house in order for the upcoming week.  It's a lot easier now that we've gotten rid of some things and also have the boys helping us to clean up now.
I got a surprise this afternoon when the doorbell rang and I found a gift from the staff at Licking Heights West for teacher appreciation week.  I was overwhelmed that they thought of me to drop it off during this weird time.  It's filled with tons of snacks and school supplies that will all come in handy. I also have an envelope to open each day which I'm not so patiently waiting to open.  We also took Rocky on a nice long walk around the neighborhood and saw tons of friends and neighbors out and about on this beautiful day.  We enjoyed delicious grilled steak for dinner and I realized I haven't had to cook dinner for the past 4 nights, that's a record for this quarantine period!!
The boys were super helpful all day and did a bunch of cleaning around the house.  We also made our signs so we are ready to spoil our teachers from afar for the teacher and staff parades this week.  After dinner and some free time for everyone, we finished the night with the final two episodes of season two of "Stranger Things."  What a great ending to the season!!  We all loved it and are so excited to start season 3 very soon.  After the two episodes, we put the boys to bed, finished up a few things and then watched an episode of "Young Sheldon" before heading to bed too.  Ready for another week of sheltering at home!

Monday (5/4) - Day 52 of "Corona break" and day 6 of the virtual Zumba convention.  My day started earlier than I wanted it to because I had the "House Experience" session at 9am this morning.  I got up and ready and was glad I tuned in because I had a blast dancing with Rodrigo and Benjamin.  After my Zumba session, I got the boys up and moving and ready to start their school day. AJ had speech first thing this morning so he logged on and did that while the rest of us got started on work for the week.  Zak had a rough day and didn't want to do any of his work.  There was some tears and raised voices (from both of us) but we finally got thru what we needed to get thru.
 
After the rough day of school, I sent the boys upstairs to play so I could try to get some things done. AJ had his virtual merit badge class, this week he is taking animation and said it's really cool!  I had a ton of unexpected things come up so I wasn't able to finish what I wanted to finish, but that's the way life goes sometimes.  I did roast a whole chicken for dinner and Adrian and I enjoyed a nice dinner alone before I left to teach my Zumba class this evening.  While I was there, he mowed the lawn and got AJ settled for his 3rd Zoom call of the day, this time with his Scout troop.  When we all finished up, we did what we could around the house and then settled in to watch "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?" When that was over, Adrian and I got the boys to bed and watched an episode of "Young Sheldon" before he headed to bed and I had some time to myself to finish a few things and watch "Married to Medicine." It was a rough start to our week, I'm hoping it improves tomorrow.

Tuesday (5/5) - Day 53 of "Corona break" and day 7 of the virtual Zumba convention.  I was up early again today for another convention session.  This time is was "Street Style" and while it was not my favorite session of the 2 weeks, I still had fun dancing with Prince and Madelle and learned some tips. When that was over, I got the boys showered and dressed and we started school for the day.  We worked quick and were very focused because we have Zak's teacher parade this afternoon and want to be done for the day by then.
We weren't sure exactly when the parade would come by but we made the best guess we could and met up with some friends outside to see the parade. It was super emotional for me seeing all of my co-workers over the past few years parading by. Zak loved seeing his teacher and the other boys enjoyed seeing their teachers from past years. It was a fun afternoon, I just wish it wasn't so cold! When the parade was over, the boys headed upstairs to play some video games and I dried my tears and attended "House Experience" again with my two new favorites, Benjamin and Rodrigo. I had a great time dancing with them and reviewing the songs I learned yesterday from them.
After the session was over, I headed out to Aldi to do some grocery shopping for the next two weeks. I got just about everything that I needed and only have a few things to grab from either Kroger or Meijer now. I came home and made tacos for dinner since it's both Taco Tuesday and Cinco de Mayo. I also grabbed a Spanish wine for Adrian and I to enjoy since I forgot to get margaritas for us to celebrate with. After dinner and some clean up, we settled in to watch "City of Ember" for family movie night. It was Daniel's pick since he just finished the book. The movie was kind of boring but AJ and Daniel both read the book and enjoyed it so we're going to read the series this summer. After the movie was over, we got the boys down to bed, watched one comedy from our DVR and headed to bed too.
Wednesday (5/6) - Day 54 of "Corona break" and day 8 of the virtual Zumba convention. Today started earlier than I wanted it to for me but Adrian and I got up and moving so he could drop Rocky off at daycare and I could get to the first session of the day. It was a session about setting goals and while it was very interesting, it was hard for me to focus because the boys were all over me this morning. I eventually gave up and just got them started on school. Once again they were really focused and finished up quickly so that they were done in time for parade number two of the week.
Today was Daniel's turn to have his teachers come around the neighborhoods. Although they were super late and caused us a little bit of stress since we didn't know when they were coming, we were glad we waited it out and saw them. Daniel was really excited to see his teachers and I'm sad for him that this is how his year is ending. Thankfully his Math teacher will be looping with him and teaching Pre-Algrebra next year so he'll have her again. When the parade was over, AJ logged in for his animation merit badge workshop, Adrian went back to work, the other boys played video games and I started getting ready for our evening.
After I picked Rocky up from doggy daycare, I stopped by to pick up our dinner from the taco truck that was in our area tonight. We got tacos, churro sundaes and margaritas to go. We ate our tacos for dinner, then I headed to the church to work for an hour while Adrian fed the boys and logged in to his Bible study Zoom meeting. On my way home, I picked up our sundaes and we enjoyed them while finishing up a few things. When we were done for the night, we started season 3 of "Stranger Things" with the boys and enjoyed our delicious and strong margaritas! When the first episode was over, we put the boys to bed and started tonight's "Survivor" but since it's 2 hours we only watched part of it before heading to bed.
Thursday (5/7) - Day 55 of "Corona break" and day 9 of the virtual Zumba convention. I started the day with an awesome session with Ricardo learning about African beats and dances. It was way out of my comfort zone but he made me feel comfortable and ready to try it. After that session, I got the boys started on school and thankfully the work is dwindling down and we have less to do each day. After they were done for the day, we got ready for our third and final parade of the week. This was AJ's teachers and earlier in the week, he was not interested in participating but by today he was interested and downstairs at 1:00 listening for the horns in the neighborhood.
Unfortunately I had another Zumba session at 3 and AJ had his merit badge workshop at 3 and the parade had still not come thru. We set up so that I was outside listening for the parade and trying to do my session while AJ was in the kitchen doing his merit badge. Thankfully his session was short today so he was done when the parade did finally come by our house. We were happy to see so many of AJ's teachers and be able to send them off for the year. When it was over, the boys went upstairs to play video games and I was able to catch the last half hour of my Puerto Rican Flow Zumba session.
After that session, I was not feeling well so I decided to cancel my Zoom Zumba class for tonight and instead just upload two classes for my students. My allergies are horrible this year and I'm really struggling with them. I am also mentally and emotionally exhausted from this week! I got dinner together for everyone and then spent the rest of the night relaxing. We watched another episode of "Stranger Things" with the boys before they went to bed for the night. Then Adrian and I finished last night's "Survivor" before we also headed to bed. I'm hoping my allergies let up soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment