Monday, June 1, 2020

Keeping Up With...2020 Goals (May Recap)

May was another pretty good month around here. We spent most of the month at home but did start to venture out a little at the end of the month. We are finished up with school for the year (yay!) and are now trying to figure out how to still have a good time this summer while most of our favorite places remain closed. We have come up with a weekly plan which includes reading, riding bikes, doing an art project, doing some Math & STEM, putting together puzzles, watching movies and playing board games. We are also planning on going to either a donut shop or an ice cream shop each week to get out of the house a little and support small businesses.

My goals are still in two categories, the ones I can work on during this lock down and the ones I can't. Some of the ones that are on hold will just have to wait until things open back up, they are just out of my control right now. I'm really trying to focus on working out, spending time with the boys and keeping the house clean. I'm also really hoping to get thru my giant to do list that I always have, there are some things on there from last summer still! I'm planning to do one thing each day until they are done. The problem is that half of the days I do one thing then add 3 things back on so I'm not making any progress.
 
Here are my goals for 2020 and how I'm doing.  The blue ones are new goals, crossed out ones are revised goals and red ones are done (none so far).
  • Lose 25 pounds - This one has been hard between the quarantine and the fact that two scales have broken so I don't have an accurate picture of where I was at the start of the year. I decided to reset on May 18th and see if I can still hit this goal. So far this month I lost 3 pounds!
  • Exercise for 20 minutes every day - I exercised all 31 days this month, 134 days so far this year!! Some of the days were just walking with Adrian and Rocky, but every day I did something that got me moving and I'm proud of that!
  • Finish 12 exercise related calendar challenges - I finished a push up calendar in May so I've done all 5 months so far. For June I'm challenging myself to do my Daily Burn 365 workout every day this month.
  • Do 30 40 Bible Plans in the You Verse app - I finished 4 plans in May, and have finished 21 so far this year. I think I'm on track for this revised goal.
  • Read "A Little God Time for Women" - I've read all 152 days so far this year, I'm on track to finish this goal too.
  • Read 20 books - I've finished 5 books so far this year.  In May I finished  "How to Break a Dragon's Heart" which was really good, it was one of my favorite in this series. I also made good progress on two other books I'm reading.  I'm hoping to finish a bunch of books over the summer since I'm a little behind on this goal so far.
  • Read the 12 How to Train Your Dragon Books - I finished the 8th book this month. They are quick and easy reads and I'm enjoying them.
  • Read "Feminine Mystique" - I have read 26% so far this year. I think I read more this month, but I can't see my progress since I don't have the book checked out right now. I want to make a huge dent in this reading over the summer too.
  • Write 45 meal plan blogs - I did 4 posts this month, 13 blog posts so far this year.
  • Write 52 weekly summary blogs - I did 5 posts this month, 20 blog posts so far this year
  • Write 12 4 goal recap blogs - I've done 3 so far this year so this goal looks doable. I will probably revise it again.
  • Pay off $5,000 of credit card debt - We paid off $600 this month which is what we've paid off so far this year since we incurred the debt for our new sofas earlier this year. So far it looks like we can keep up our aggressive payments for the summer, but we're making the decision month to month right now.
  • Renovate the boys' bedrooms kitchen - The boys decided that they wanted to finish downstairs first before moving to the rooms upstairs. We decided on our colors for the paint and went to buy it, but the machine was down so we'll be moving on with this next month.
  • Finish my daily to do list every night - I did this about 18 days in May, falling apart towards the end of the month. This continues to be a huge problem for me, that I don't finish everything each day then I feel stressed out and behind all the time. I'm committing to this again in June!
  • Watch 50 movies - We've watched 23 movies so far.  Our May movies were "City of Ember," "Avengers: Civil War," "Knives Out," "Spies in Disguise" and "Doctor Strange." 
  • Go on 12 dates with Adrian - We've gone on 5 dates so far this year. This month we got creative and went on two dates, kind of . We went out for a morning date going to the salon, then picked up lunch and dinner and came home to spend the day together. Then we did a take out dinner, drinks and dessert for our anniversary and played two board games together while the boys hung out upstairs. They are different than the dates we had in mind, but they are helping us stay connected so I'm thankful for the option.
  • Sub 80 days in the schools - I've subbed 21.5 days so far since January.  Unfortunately this goal is on hold until schools reopen, or possibly next year.  
  • Go to 6 Zumba jam sessions - I haven't gone to any in person but have done a bunch of mini-jams at home.  All of the in person ones have been cancelled or postponed.  They are doing virtual ones but since my income is non-existant I am holding off on those for right now.
  • Clean out master bedroom - Done!!
  • Play 1 game with Adrian each week - I have done this all 22 weeks so far! This has been great for us while we're staying home so much!
  • Play Pandemic Legacy: Season 2 with Adrian once per month - We have played all 5 months so far.  We lost the first game in May, and then barely won the second one. This second season is much harder than season 1.
  • Play Machi Koro Legacy with the boys - We have played all 5 months so far and are having a great time playing this game as a family!!  Zak won in May and once again we were surpised and excited by the twist that was added this month.
  • Have 6 nights out with friends - I've had 3 nights out so far.  This month I met up with friends to walk and catch up one night and met up with a different group of friends for a wine night. It was so nice to hang out in person with people and we all laughed so hard during our wine night. 
  • Go on an awesome family vacation to the Outerbanks - We have decided to cancel this trip due to the uncertain nature of travel right now.  We are waiting to hear if someone else books the week for the house we're committed to.
  • Do 100 fun family things (one thing each week during school & one thing per person each week over the summer) - We did 18 fun things so far this year and obviously this is on hold for right now.  We are still having fun, it's just a different kind of fun right now.  This month we did trips to Krispy Kreme and Sticky Fingers, had a family game day, hiked at Hannah Park and did an art project together.
  • Go on 2 family camping trips - hopefully this can still happen!!
  • Deep clean the whole house - Done!!  We only have the basement left, but that is on hold until we renovate the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment