Sunday, May 3, 2020

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 4/24 - 4/30)

Friday (4/24) - Day 42 of "Corona break." We survived another week of working and schooling from home, but just barely.  This was a very tough week for us, not sure why it felt so long and hard but it did.  The boys did great focusing on their school work and finished up a little early again today.  I'm hoping this continues for the last 4 weeks of school!  When they were done, I had very little motivation to do anything so I finished up an online training for Silver Sneakers that needed to be done by this weekend while the boys played video games.  I didn't feel like cooking dinner so we ordered Chinese from the place up the street and had that for dinner instead.  After dinner, we had a little more free time and then we did family movie night and watched the movie "Storks."  We have HBO for free this month so we're watching the new movies on there that we want to see and this is one of them.  It was really cute, we all really liked it, even Zak who claimed he didn't want to see it and then ended up right in front of the TV for the end of the movie.  When the movie was over, we all headed to bed because we were all exhausted!!
Saturday (4/25) - Day 43 of "Corona break." It's our weekly family fun day and not a minute too soon!!  It started weird because I accidentally forgot to turn on my alarm and slept too late to teach my Zumba class this morning.  It was nice to have the Saturday morning home though.  Adrian ran to pick up our Kroger order since I didn't get up in time for class and after we put it away, we started with our fun day.  We spent the whole day playing board games and watching comedies from our DVR.  We played two new to me games Age of Steam, which II won but hated and Watergate which  Adrian won but I enjoyed and want to play again.  We also played some old favorites including Lost Cities (Adrian won twice), Sagrada (I won), Azul (I won), Hanabi (we did OK, not our best effort), Forbidden Island with Daniel and Zak (we lost twice on legendary) and Takenoko (I won).  Adrian and I also took Rocky on two walks and came home from one to find a present on the porch for me from my Secret Sister from church.  It was the perfect present for me and I will enjoy the wine, cookies and flowers for sure!!  The boys spent most of their day playing video games, playing on the trampoline and watching TV.  It was a super fun and relaxing Saturday!!
Sunday (4/26) - Day 44 of "Corona break." And today was our weekly work day for the week.  Since Adrian and I were up first, we decided to take a quick trip out this morning.  I heard there was another gift for me at the church, so I went to pick it up this morning.  I got another beautiful flower from one of my students, but I don't know which one.  After that quick stop, we went to Krispy Kreme to pick up donuts for breakfast for everyone.  Then we came home and got started on working around the house.  The to do lists were small for Adrian and the boys so they were finished in the afternoon.  Unfortunately I still had a bunch of stuff to do, but I made really good progress all day.  We pretty much worked all day, taking a short break to make dinner for everyone and take Rocky on another walk since it stopped raining.  We finished the weekend with another make your own sundae bar and started Season 2 of "Stranger Things."  It's starting out just as great as the first season ended!  When that was over, we put the boys to bed, finished up a few little things to clean up the kitchen, watched two comedies from our DVR and headed to bed.  Ready to start another week at home tomorrow!!
Monday (4/27) - Day 45 of "Corona break." And it's day 1 of the virtual Zumba convention for me!!  I have decided to put this convention at the top of my to do list this week and work everything else around the session that I am taking.  Today started out early for me with the opening session for the convention.  I heard heartwarming messages from many people in the Zumba home office and it brought me to tears.  I am so thankful that I work for this company and that I am still able to provide classes during these times, even if they aren't in person classes.  I know I am bringing happiness and health to people and that makes all my struggles behind the scenes SO worth it!
After my session, everyone got a shower and then we started school for the week.  Daniel had his weekly Zoom call this morning and AJ had his weekly speech teletherapy session this morning as well.  When they were finished on their calls, they got to work and I helped Zak navigate his work as well.  They were all very focused and finished up early again today.  AJ had three other Zoom calls this afternoon, one for his ELA class, one for the digital technology merit badge he is doing for Scouts and then his weekly Scout troop meeting tonight.  We were certainly a Zoom family today!!

When everyone was done with school, they played video games while I attended my second ZINCON session, Hip Hop Turn Up.  It was a super fun session with two trainers from Oregon, but it reenforced that I am definitely not a Hip Hop dancer.  I had fun and got a great workout dancing with Darhio and Gina though!  After the session, I got started on dinner making ham and bean soup with the rest of our Easter ham.  After dinner, I got ready and headed to the church to teach my Zumba class.  I had a big group and we had fun dancing together yet apart.  When my class was over, I dropped into one of my friend's classes and had fun dancing with her the first half of her class.
While I was at class, Adrian fed the boys dinner and mowed the back yard since it rained over the weekend and he didn't have time to do it.  When he was done and I was home, we cleaned up from dinner and then settled in with the boys to watch the next episode of "Stranger Things."  We are loving season 2 although we all think it's a little slower to get started than season 1 was.  When the show was over, we got the boys to bed, watched one episode of "Black-ish" from our DVR and called it a night.  We were both exhausted after a jam packed Monday!!
Tuesday (4/28) - Day 46 of "Corona break." And it's day 2 of my virtual Zumba convention.  The day started early for me again with a Tropical Urban session.  I loved dancing with Heidi and Armando this morning and learned so much about Dembow!!  They are super cute and are really easy to follow and learn from.  While I was dancing, the boys got dressed for the day and watched some TV until I was ready to get started for the day.  We didn't have any Zoom calls for anyone today so we all just started on our Google classroom work.  They were all super focused again and everyone finished before 2pm.  We did our final bit of deep cleaning on the play room and are officially done with cleaning the house other than the upkeep of all of the rooms.  We are hoping to start painting soon, but probably not until school is done for the year.
I got a few things done this afternoon around the house and then logged on for my second session of the day, Best of ABBA with Steve Boedt.  It was SO much fun dancing with him to such fun songs!!  I always learn so much from him, he's a great role model for cueing and so much more.  I learned 2 ABBA songs and then enjoyed dancing the rest of the afternoon away with him.  When that session was over, I got AJ set up for his digital merit badge Zoom call and relaxed a little before logging on for one more Zumba class of the day.  I took my friend Annie's Zumba Toning class and had a blast dancing with her!  I've known her for a while, but she lives out by Dayton so it's hard to drop in to one of her classes.  I'm thankful for these small blessings during this time.
 Rocky enjoyed "Zumba Toning" as well - she wanted to eat my sticks!
After that class, I was exhausted!  While I was taking the class, Adrian went out and mowed our front lawn because all of this rain is making it grow like crazy!  When he came in, he was also exhausted!  But we pulled it together and made chili mac for dinner.  After everyone was fed, we cleaned up a little and then settled in for family movie night with the boys.  We started watching "Pan" which was the last of the HBO movies that we wanted to watch while it was free.  It wasn't very good so we turned it off after about 45 minutes and watched another episode of "Stranger Things" instead.  When that was over, we got the boys to bed, watched one comedy and headed to bed too.  It was a fun but tiring day!!

Wednesday (4/29) - Day 47 of "Corona break." We got up and moving again pretty early.  Adrian and I got Rocky ready for daycare and then he went and dropped her off.  On his way home, he picked up coffee for us from Starbucks using a giftcard that we found when we were cleaning last weekend.  The he headed up to work and I got AJ signed up for next week's merit badge virtual classes & ordered our Kona ice for tomorrow before starting my day.  When the boys got up, I got everyone showered and then we started school for the day.  The boys did a great job of staying focused and we finished everything a little early today.
After getting a few things done around the house, I logged on to Zumba for Beto's master class this afternoon.  It was fun to dance with him and 5 or 6 other Zumba instructors that were helping him lead the class.  I had a great time and got a great workout too.  When the class was over, I recorded my next Zumba Studio class for my students.  After over 2 hours of Zumba, I was exhausted so I took a short break.  Adrian finished work and went to pick Rocky up from daycare while I cooked dinner.  Then I headed to the church to work for an hour and picked up our Kroger order after work.
While I was out, Adrian helped Zak join his class Zoom call where he found out the teachers will be driving around the neighborhoods on Tuesday.  We are all excited for this!  After his call, Adrian jumped on his Bible study Zoom call for about half of that meeting.  When I was home and all of that was done, we cleaned up a little in the kitchen and then settled in to watch another episode of "Stranger Things."  After that, we got the boys to bed and watched this week's "Survivor" before we also headed to bed for the night.

Thursday (4/30) - Day 48 of "Corona break." I had a rough time getting up and moving this morning, but I did it.  Adrian and I enjoyed a cup of coffee together and then he headed up to work and I logged on to Zumba to "watch" the second showing of "Best of ABBA" with Steve Boedt.  I wasn't really feeling like dancing, so I planned on just watching and learning from Steve.  Well, half way thru class, my shoes were on and I was ready to dance!  I did the master class with him again and loved every minute of it!!  After class, I got the boys started on school so we could be done by early afternoon.  They did a great job of staying focused and we finished up early.
We had a slight scheduling snafu this afternoon when everything I was looking forward to for this week happened at the same time!  The Latin Urban workshop on Zumba was running late so it didn't start until 3:30, which was the exact time that our Kona Ice was delivered and our friends came over to enjoy it with us!  The boys were super excited to see the Kona Ice truck pull up in front of our house and loved having the ice at home!  We hung out with our friends for a few minutes, but it was really cold so they headed home and we headed inside.  I caught the second half of Latin Urban and was able to get both choreos and the master class so I was happy.  I loved dancing with Jhon and thought both choreos were fun and will be easy to add to my classes!!
After all of that excitement, I needed a bit of a break.  AJ did his merit badge Zoom call and everyone else just pretty much hung out.  I was too busy and stressed out to cook dinner so we decided to have leftovers instead to make the night easier.  I finished up cooking my first batch of Amish friendship bread and then headed out to the church to teach my Zumba class on Zoom.  I saw two friends at church and then dropped off two starts for the friendship bread to two friends after class.  I was SO excited to talk to so many people in person today!!  When I got home, we watched another episode of "Stranger Things," got the boys down to bed, watched 2 comedies on our DVR and headed to bed.  It was a super fun but exhausting day at home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment