Sunday, May 24, 2020

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 5/15 - 5/21)

Friday (5/15) - Day 63 of "Corona break." Last day of school!! AJ finished up earlier this week so it was only Daniel and Zak that had work to finish today. AJ and I did need to take a drive to his school to get his baritone fixed so that he can practice over the summer. We were finished by noon and I was thrilled to put it all behind us. I know things will look different in the fall, but I'm really hoping these kids go back to school and I can go back to work. If not, we will deal with it then. For now we are going to try to enjoy our summer break. It started with them playing video games for the day while I relaxed downstairs, watching TV, reading and getting a few things done.
Adrian took a late lunch break and we took Rocky for a walk before the rain hits later. When we got back, I did a Zumba livestream with Kass Martin who was fantastic to dance with! I had a great time dancing to her super fun playlist. When class was over I rehydrated and got a snack before heading upstairs for a shower. Then Adrian and I decided we didn't want to cook tonight so we made a frozen pizza for dinner and just chilled. We fed the boys leftovers and then cleaned up and played a game of Space Base and I won! Maybe we losing streak is over. After the game, we watched "The Goldburgs" from this week and then watched "The Mandelorian" with the boys. We put them to bed after the show and came down to watch this week's "Schooled" before heading to bed too. It's been a long week!
Saturday (5/16) - Day 64 of "Corona break." We got up and moving fairly early this morning because we had a busy morning on tap. Unfortunately I woke up to a mess downstairs because Rocky had an upset stomach and had an accident in her crate over night. Adrian and I took care of getting her and her bed cleaned up pretty quickly but it was a stressful start to the day. After getting that cleaned up, I got ready and headed to the church to teach my Zumba class this morning. Thankfully we had no Zoom issues today and we all had a great time dancing together. After class, I went out to the front of the church to donate some items to the food drive and visit with a few people in the church. It was so nice to see friends and see the generosity of our church family!!

After a short visit, I headed home to pick up Adrian for our morning "date." We headed to the salon for our appointments, he got a much needed haircut and I got my eyebrows waxed. Then we went to Bibibop to pick up lunch and Jersey Mike's to pick up dinner. We also filled up the van's gas tank and picked up a small grocery order from Kroger before heading home for the day. When we got home, we had a super fun and relaxing day playing board games and watching comedies on our DVR. We played:  Castles of Burgundy (Adrian won), Lords of Watergate (I won), Wingspan (Adrian won), Lost Cities (we tied), That's So Clever (Adrian won, but just barely) and Ticket to Ride (I won). It was nice that we both won some games this weekend, it is more fun for both of us. While we hung out downstairs, the boys hung out upstairs playing Minecraft and Roblox. We were going to play a game with them but they weren't interested and we were having so much fun that we decided to just let it go. We all stayed up past midnight since we were having so much fun! I hope everyone sleeps in a little tomorrow since we were up so late tonight.
Sunday (5/17) - Day 65 of "Corona break." We all did sleep in today after the late night last night. Once we got up and moving, we got started on our to do lists for the weekend. We got a ton of cleaning done and prepped for the week ahead. We found all of our library books that we already read and reserved a bunch of new ones so we have plenty to read. We figured out what we want our summer weeks to look like since we don't have schoolwork anymore. Everyone pitched in and we got a ton of stuff done today, I'm excited that the kids are now so involved in helping us clean the house. We finished the night with Buffalo wings for dinner and a make your own sundae bar for dessert. We watched another episode of "The Mandelorian" with the boys before we put them to bed for the night. Then we watched an episode of "Will and Grace" from our DVR. Adrian was really tired so he headed to bed and I finished the recent season of "Summer House" and enjoyed some alone time and some "Mom Juice" before I also headed to bed. It was a really great weekend!!
Monday (5/18) - Day 66 of "Corona break." First offical day of summer break! Unfortunately AJ was up super early this morning and woke up me, Adrian and Rocky earlier than we wanted to get up. I tried to stay in bed a little longer but finally just got up and started the day. I had a mini jam from Zumba to watch this morning so I attended that and learned a fun song from one of my favorite jammers. Then we started working on our weekly goals for each week of the summer. The boys worked on their new puzzle for over an hour, and didn't fight at all!! Then we did some reading, instrument practice and learning to tie shoes. The boys saw that they can do some other things other than just video games and YouTube while staying home.
The day passed quickly while I worked around the house and the boys played upstairs. I got a ton of stuff done and am slowing chipping away at my to do list that has things on it that are over a year old. I made dinner for us and Adrian and I ate an early dinner before I headed to the church to teach my Zumba class. Thankfully there were no Zoom issues today and everything went smoothly and we all got a good workout. While I was there, Adrian fed the boys dinner and got AJ on his call for his merit badge this week, he is learning about Space Exploration. When we were all done, we got snacks and watched "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" before everyone but me headed to bed. I came back down and watched some of my recorded Bravo shows for about an hour and just enjoyed the peace of being alone before I got too tired and head to head to bed.

Tuesday (5/19) - Day 67 of "Corona break." We all slept in today since we were so tired after the early morning yesterday. Zak was the first one up followed soon by Rocky and then me to take care of Rocky. We had a lazy morning while everyone slowly woke up and Adrian headed upstairs to work. We eventually got moving and got some stuff done around the house and on our summer bucket list. The boys finished their first puzzle, 550 pieces in 2 days. We'll be doing one puzzle each week for the summer to keep them busy with things other than video games.
In the afternoon, I took an awesome Zumba class with one of Zumba's trainers and had so much fun dancing with him!! When that was over, I headed out to run to Aldi to restock our fruits and veggies for the week. I also stopped to pick up Zak's bag of stuff from his school. This is such a sad ending to the school year, I can't believe I just picked up my kid's stuff in a garbage bag from the express line. I wish all of the kids could have had a different ending to this school year, but I do know this is for the best.  When I got home, I made tacos for everyone for dinner and then we cleaned up a bit before getting ready for family movie night. Tonight we watched Adrian's pick "Knives Out" which was a great movie. It was a little over Zak's head and he made it an hour before declaring he was bored and heading upstairs to watch TV. The other 4 of us enjoyed it and I was happy to watch something that wasn't Avengers. After the movie, it was really late so we got the boys to bed, watched one comedy from our DVR and headed to bed ourselves.
Wednesday (5/20) - Day 68 of "Corona break." We got up and moving fairly early this morning even though we were up late last night. Adrian got Rocky ready and dropped her off at daycare while I got the boys ready to start our day. I decided to start my day with my long list of errands to run for the day. I headed out to return our movie, shop at Meijer, pick up AJ and Daniel's remaining school items and pick up our first dozen of donuts for the summer. While Krispy Kreme isn't exactly a small shop, we had a coupon for a free dozen so we decided to start with these for our goal of going to a donut or ice cream shop every week over the summer.
When I got home, the afternoon passed quick for all of us. The boys finished up their daily stuff for the summer and then went back to video games. I recorded a new Zumba Toning class for my students and grabbed a shower before heading out to pick up Rocky from daycare. The day went so fast that I ran out of time to cook dinner, so we I just quickly air fried some chicken and we made salads for dinner. Then I headed out to the church to work for an hour while Adrian got ready for his Zoom Bible study and got AJ ready for his Zoom Scout meeting. When we were all done and back home, we finished up the night with an episode of "Series of Unfortunate Events." We didn't love the first episode we tried a few weeks ago, but this one was better so we're going to keep watching the show. After the boys went to bed, Adrian and I finished the last two episodes of "Will and Grace" which were OK but honestly their first series finale was better than this one.

Thursday (5/21) - Day 69 of "Corona break." We all slept in a little and then got our day started. It was raining again all day and with this bad weather, it's honestly feeling like the same day over and over. We were pretty productive around the house though, the boys did all of their stuff on our bucket list for today and I got some stuff done around the house while Adrian worked. We had fun watching Mystery Doug this afternoon and his live episode was about space, which is what our day camp for Scouts is about so that was a happy coincedence.

After a quick dinner, I headed to the church to teach my Zumba class tonight. I thought it was one of my better classes, probably because I have more energy since I'm eating better. However, there were some technical issues with Zoom and I was off from the music for the second half of the class. I then tested the new Zumba platform that I have been anxiously awaiting...and it was a total flop!! It didn't work for any of my students. I left the church and came home hating technology, ha! But my bad mood was quickly turned around by watching "Holey Moley" with the boys. We loved this show and laughed at the different golf courses in the competition. After the show, we got the boys to bed and then Adrian and I watched "Broke" and "Man with a Plan" and headed to bed for the night. It wasn't a great day and I'm hoping the weekend is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment