Friday, May 15, 2020

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 5/8 - 5/14)

Friday (5/8) - Day 56 of "Corona break." We made it to another weekend, although all of the days are running together and the same these days. I got up and moving fairly early this morning so I could attend my last session for the virtual Zumba convention. It was a session with tips on how to teach virtual classes and I learned a lot from it. I'm glad that Zumba has worked so hard to give us options to keep teaching and help keep people moving during this crazy time. After the session, I got the boys started on school for the day. They are starting to wrap up their school years and were very focused and finished around lunch time today. I was very proud of Zak especially because he started the week so rough but really pulled thru and got all of his stuff done by the end of the week.
After school was finished, we all had lunch and then the boys headed upstairs to play while I headed out to run a few errands to get what we need for this weekend.  I picked up cupcakes from Smallcakes, bagels from Panera and a few groceries from Meijer. I also picked up a few bottles of wine to surprise a few friends with gifts on their porches. I made my bags with wine and chocolate and went and dropped them all off before I headed home for the weekend.  When I got home, we were all exhausted and didn't feel like doing anything. So we decided to blow off the whole weekend and just have fun and relax. We ordered Jets pizza for dinner and then soon after the very late dinner, we settled in for family movie night. We watched "Captain America: Civil War" in our continuing effort to rewatch all of the movies. After the movie, we put the boys to bed, watched a comedy from the week and headed to bed too. I'm really hoping to recharge this weekend!!

Saturday (5/9) - Day 57 of "Corona break." Today was family fun day, although really this whole weekend will be a fun weekend. We did a few small things around here just to make sure we are staying up on the big things like dishes and laundry. Then we spent the rest of the day relaxing, playing board games and watching TV. We also had our second visit from Kona Ice, which wasn't as much fun as the first one, probably because it was freezing cold outside!  My horrible board game luck continued as we played Castles of Burgundy (Adrian won), That's so Clever (Adrian won twice), Carcassonne (Adrian won) and Viticulture (Adrian won). I had fun but it is super frustrating to lose every single game all weekend!! In between games, we watched some of our comedies from the week, ate a ton of junk food and took Rocky on a few walks. The boys took a break from playing video games to have the first of two cookie cakes with us tonight and we watched another episode of "Stranger Things" with them. The day passed quickly and it was a very relaxing day. I am already starting to feel recharged and we still have another day of relaxing ahead of us!
Sunday (5/10) - Day 58 of "Corona break." Happy Birthday to Adrian!! And Happy Mother's Day!! It was a jam packed day of celebration for us! We started by all sleeping in then enjoying more bagels for breakfast. We opened our presents soon after everyone got up because we wanted to play Adrian's new board games today. We spent most of the day playing games with the boys.  We played Space Base twice (Adrian won, Zak won), Funko Verse with the Golden Girls and Harry Potter (kids beat the adults) and Good Cop, Bad Cop twice (AJ, Adrian & Daniel won and AJ, Adrian and Zak won).  We also took one hour to clean the house just to make sure we didn't fall too far behind after this weekend. We took a break from playing games to order Piada for dinner and then enjoyed cookie cake number two for dessert while watching another episode of "Stranger Things."  The boys wanted a little bit of time to play video games, so while they did that, Adrian and I played Splendor and I finally won a game!! Hopefully my bad luck is over for a while! After the game, we got the boys to bed and then followed soon after since it was so late and it's back to our (current) regular schedule.
Monday (5/11) - Day 59 of "Corona break." It was super hard to get up this morning, probably because we stayed up late last night. My alarm went off so I could join in a Zumba livestream class, but I decided to turn it off and get a little more sleep this morning. When we finally got up, Adrian started working and I got the boys started on school. They have very little to do and were done within an hour today. They spent the rest of the rainy day playing video games and watching YouTube. I got a ton of stuff done around the house, including catching up on some things I didn't do this weekend. It was a productive, if a little boring day.

AJ is starting a new merit badge this week and he's working on his movie making badge with Zoom calls every day this week. After the productive afternoon, we had dinner together and then I headed out to the church to teach my Zumba class on Zoom tonight. I had a smaller group than usual, but I'm sure a lot of people were tired after the fun weekend. After class, I ran to pick up a prescription and then came home for the night. We finished cleaning up from dinner and then watched another episode of "Stranger Things." When that was over, Adrian and I got the boys to bed, watched two episodes of "Will and Grace" and then headed to bed too. Hoping for warmer weather as this week continues!

Tuesday (5//12) - Day 60 of "Corona break." We did a little better getting up and moving this morning. Adrian got up and got Rocky started for her day, then went to work in our bedroom. I attended a Zumba mini jam and learned an awesome song from one of my new favorite virtual jammers. After that, I got the boys started on school for the day. Once again, they were done in less than an hour so they played some video games. AJ submitted his last assignment today so he is officially done for the school year.  He did a great job with this virtual learning and I think he may like this better than going to school.
The afternoon passed quickly with me working around the house, the boys playing and Adrian working.  I joined one of my friends for a later morning Zumba class and had so much fun dancing with her!! AJ did his second day of his movie making merit badge workshop. We enjoyed tacos and fajitas for dinner and a nice long walk with Rocky since it was so nice outside. Then it was AJ's pick for family movie night and instead of a movie, he chose to binge watch the last 3 episodes of "Stranger Things." We loved this series and all 3 seasons and can't wait for season 4!! It was an emotional roller coaster for sure watching the last 3 episodes all in a row but we were thankful that we did. When we were done discussing it, we all headed to bed for the night because it was super late!

Wednesday (5/13) - Day 61 of "Corona break." Today was an early morning for us, especially after such a late night yesterday. Adrian got up and got Rocky ready and dropped her off at daycare for the day. Zak and I were also up early so we did a little bit of school work this morning and then we were done for the day. He's pretty much done for the year, but I'm having him do a few things that were optional in his classroom. AJ and Daniel slept in and then got up and started playing video games. Daniel did the little bit of schoolwork that he needed to do this morning as well, he has just a few more things to finish up for the year.

The day passed quickly with the boys playing, Adrian working and me doing work around the house. I'm trying to catch up on all of the stuff that I haven't had a chance to do in the past year or so. Zak had his last speech therapy session for the year this afternoon and AJ had his merit badge virtual workshop too. He is working very hard to complete 6 merit badges over the next few weeks. After all of that, it was just about time to pick up Rocky from daycare. When I got home with her, I made dinner for everyone and then Adrian and I took her for a long walk to enjoy the weather. We finished up the night with an episode of "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" together and then part of "Survivor" after the boys went to bed. I was exhausted so I didn't make it very late tonight, I'm hoping for a good night of sleep and less pollen tomorrow!
Thursday (5/14) - Day 62 of "Corona break." We all got a great night of sleep, including Zak who slept in and was the last person to get up, which is very rare for him. Daniel has one more thing to finish up for school and while working on it this morning, he had a question come up so he's waiting for an answer before finishing it up. Zak did a little more elective school work this morning and then all 3 boys spent most of the day playing video games and watching YouTube. We are giving them this week "off" to do that and then we'll come up with some ideas to do other things starting next week. I spent most of the day getting stuff done around the house, I felt very productive today!!

In the afternoon, AJ had his virtual merit badge session and then worked on some of the merit badges he is currently working on. We got word that some places may start opening soon so we have hope that we might get to do some fun things this summer! I cooked an early dinner so I could eat and then head out to teach my Zumba Toning class at the church. Unfortunately I had significant Zoom problems and we kept getting kicked off and class kept getting interupted. After this happened 3 times, I opted to just cancel the rest of class and call it a night. When I got home, Adrian was on his call with his small group so I cleaned up a little and waited for him to finish. When he was done, we watched "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" together as a family, then put the boys to bed. Then Adrian and I finished up watching "Survivor" from last night and were happy to see Tony win, although we really wanted Sarah to win. It was a great season, we loved seeing the past winners come back and play again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment