Thursday, May 14, 2020

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 2/21 - 2/27)

Friday (2/21) We made it to another weekend and all got up on time.  Unfortunately, AJ woke up nauseus and not feeling well so he stayed home from school.  Adrian helped get everyone up and then he headed to work for the day.  I drove Daniel to school then came home and got Zak and myself ready and made sure AJ was all set for the day.  Then I headed in to school with Zak to sub for the day.  I thought I had 2 assignments, but ended up bouncing around to cover whatever needed covered and ended up being 4 different teachers in 4 different grades.  I was exhausted when the day was over and really just worn out.

When I came home, I saw that Rocky has not behaved during the day with AJ and chewed up a bunch of things.  It was not a great start to our weekend!!  We took some time to catch our breathes and then assessed the damage.  Thankfully everything she chewed up, we can replace pretty easily.  I hung out and rested for a bit and then I got ready to go to my Zumba class at the Y.  AJ was feeling better so he did a little homework and then got ready for his campout this weekend.  Adrian fed himself and Zak and then the two of them headed to the church for basketball.  Zak played really well and also did a great job learning his memory verse this week so he earned the "Christ-like Attitude" award!!
When we all got home, the boys had some video game time and I was honestly so tired I could barely function to get anything done.  Adrian and Zak finished up his car for the Pinewood Derby tomorrow and then Adrian and AJ got packed up to go camping.  The boys wanted to stay up a little later so we let them but got them down around 9 because we all have early mornings tomorrow.  After getting them down, Adrian and I watched "Modern Family" while having snacks and then headed to bed.  We were both exhausted after what felt like a very long week!!

Saturday (2/22) We were up super early this morning getting moving for a busy day.  Adrian and AJ finishing packing up and headed out to AJ's Scout campout.  I got Daniel ready and our friend picked him up to take him to art class.  Then Zak and I got ready and headed to the church.  I set up for my Zumba class and then Zak was picked up by his friend to go to his weekly bowling game.  I am so thankful for my village and that we were able to do all of that today!!  After I taught an awesome Zumba class, I headed to Gahanna to pick up Zak and then we headed downtown to pick up Daniel and David.  When we all got back home, we had a quick lunch and a little relaxing before round two this afternoon.

Daniel, Zak and I headed out to Zak's Pinewood Derby for Scouts in the afternoon.  His car was a little below the weight limit so I add a few coins to boost the weight.  Zak won all three of his races and won first place in his den this year!!  He was super proud and excited!  He also did a great job of cheering on his other den mates and not gloating that he won.  All of the Scouts did great and I'm proud of them.  When the race was over, we headed to Target to get Isabelle's birthday gift and spend some of their birthday money.  They did great picking out what they wanted and we had fun shopping.  When we were done, we finally headed home for the day.
When we got home, the boys started playing with their new toys, including a new marble maze and some stuffies.  I started working around the house trying to catch up on all of the stuff we hadn't done all week.  I was really worn out already from the day though so I wasn't as productive as I hoped, but I still managed to get a lot done including catching up on laundry.  We also spent some time in the yard playing with Rocky since it was a nice day.  The afternoon and evening passed quickly and before long it was time for the boys to go to bed.  I came back down to have a snack and watch a little TV and didn't even make it thru one show before heading back up to bed myself.  It was a fun but exhausting day!!
Sunday (2/23) We all slept in this morning until after 9am!  I felt so well rested when I got up, it was fantastic!  Since we were too late for first service, we weren't able to go to church this morning so we had a relaxing morning at home.  Adrian and AJ got back from camping around noon and said they had a great time.  AJ did a 5 mile hike and earned his Second Class rank!!  They also did some shooting, cooking, played some games and slept outside in tents even though it was pretty cold.  Soon after they got home, I headed out to the Y to teach another huge (over 40 people!) Barre class.  Thankfully they hired a new instructor so starting next month there will be 2 more barre classes on the schedule, yay!!

After class, I came home and got the house and food ready to celebrate all of the February birthdays with Carl, Sarah and their kids.  They came over for a few hours for a relaxing, fun time.  The kids all played together while the adults chatted and caught up.  We enjoyed meatball subs, salads and ice cream cake to celebrate Zak, Daniel & Isabelle turning another year older!!  They hung out for a while and when they headed home, we got our crew ready for bed.  We did some clean up around the house and then had the boys watch a show before heading up to bed.  Adrian was exhausted from camping so he went to bed then too.  I came down and watched a little TV and did a few other little things around the house before calling it a night too.  It was a fun but tiring weekend and I don't think any of us feel ready to start the week ahead!
Monday (2/24) We were up bright and early to get back to our normal schedule for the week.  Adrian decided to take the day off today so I let him sleep in while I got everyone off to school.  I dropped all three boys off at their respective schools on time.  We were all sleepy and slow moving, but we made it.  I also had the day off today because I'm waiting for the guy to come and set up the boys' birthday present.  I got started on things around the house early this morning since I didn't get very much done this weekend.  It was a super productive day and before long it was time to pick everyone up from school.  I picked up Daniel and Zak when they were done for the day and AJ took the bus home. Unfortunately the guy who was supposed to set up our trampoline never showed up so I took the day off for nothing!
After a short break for everyone, we finished homework and then all had dinner.  Then we headed out for our night stuff.  Adrian and Zak headed to basketball where Zak played great again, getting a bunch of rebounds, making a few shots and playing really hard.  While they were there, I was also at the church teaching my Zumba class.  We had a great time dancing together and burning a ton of calories.  After we all got home, we got the boys thru their night routine and down for the night.  Then Adrian and I finished up a few more things around the house, watched two more comedies from our DVR and headed to bed for the night.  Back to our busy routine tomorrow!!

Tuesday (2/25) We got mostly back to our normal routine today. Adrian got AJ up and started on getting ready and then headed to work for the day. I got AJ and Daniel to school and then came home to get Zak and myself ready for the day. I dropped Zak off at school and then headed to the YMCA to teach two classes this morning, a Zumba Gold class and a make up Aqua Zumba class. I had a great time doing both classes and was ready to drop when I was done! But no rest for the weary so I headed to Costco to do a major stock up trip for us since it's been a while since I've gone.

After that, I came home and rested for a bit and got everyone from school. Daniel was excited to tell me about the special assembly he had today learning about making smart choices and the basics of CPR. He said it was cool to learn it but he hopes to never have to use it! After I got everyone home from school, I headed up to West to teach my 3rd Zumba class of the day to the teachers there. When we were done, I came home and cooked a quick dinner before heading out with Zak to his Scout den meeting. We had a fun time there working on our coding belt loop even though I was really exhausted. When we got home for the night, we got the boys thru their night time routine and down to bed. Then Adrian and I watched a comedy before also heading to bed for the night.
Wednesday (2/26) We all got up and moving on time again today. Adrian helped get the boys up and started for the day and then headed to work. I dropped AJ and Daniel off at school and then came home to pick up Rocky and drop her off at daycare for the day.  Then I came home to get Zak and myself ready for the day. I dropped him off at school and headed to the Y to teach my normal three classes all day today, Zumba Toning, Aqua Zumba and Silver Sneakers. I had fun at all three classes and was not nearly as tired as I thought I would be after teaching so many extra classes yesterday.  After class, I ran a few quick errands and then got all of the boys after school.
We quickly got thru homework for everyone and then I ran out to pick up Rocky. When we got home, I got dinner for everyone and then headed to the church to work for about an hour tonight. Adrian had Bible study so he went straight there from work. When we all got home after the busy day, we finished up a few things around the house and then got the boys thru their night routine. Then Adrian and I got our snacks and watched "Survivor" for the week together before heading to bed. Wednesdays are becoming the busiest day of the week for us!

Thursday (2/27) We got up and moving on time again today, we're doing great with that this week! Adrian helped get AJ and Daniel up and started getting ready and then headed to work for the day. I dropped AJ and Daniel off at school and then headed home to get Zak and myself ready for the day. We headed in together since I was subbing for the whole day today in his school. The day passed quickly and I had a great day in 2nd grade, including seeing Zak at lunch and recess.

When we got home, we got quickly thru homework and dinner after a short relaxing break for all of us.  Then I headed out to the church to teach my Zumba Toning class for the night.  I had a great time with the group of ladies that were there and we got a great workout, as always. When I got home, we finished cleaning up a few things from dinner and then watched yesterday's "Lego Masters" as a family before getting the boys to bed for the night.  After they were in bed, Adrian and I watched two comedies from our DVR and then headed to bed too. Not the most exciting day, but productive and a little fun too.

No comments:

Post a Comment