Monday, May 11, 2020

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for May 10 - May 16)

I missed writing a meal plan blog last week because we were super busy. We had so much going on last week and I was really overwhelmed most of the week. I had the second week of the Zumba convention, the boys had a lot of school work since it was the last week of instructional learning, we had parades for each of the boys' schools and I had to go shopping for the celebrations this weekend. I did what I could but a lot of things didn't happen last week and I'm OK with that. Then I took the weekend off to relax and celebrate and I'm also OK with that. I'm getting things back on track this week though and am looking forward to our summer break!

On Sunday, we celebrated both Mother's Day and Adrian's 51st birthday! We still can't really do much since most everything is still closed, but we made the best of what we have. We spent the day relaxing, playing board games and eating great food that we didn't have to make. We had cupcakes from Smallcakes in Gahanna, bagels from Panera and dinner from Piada. We also had a cookie cake from Meijer for dessert since the boys don't really like cake and we didn't feel like having another ice cream cake.

This week I am getting caught up on stuff around the house that I haven't been able to do the past few weeks since I've been busy with keeping the boys on track for school. They have just a few small assignments to finish up this week and then they will be done with school, and Zak will also be done with Scouts for the year. This weekend we are making a plan for our summer to try to have some fun even though most of our favorite places will not be open. We are finishing up some leftovers this week and then next week Adrian and I are buckling down on our eating habits. We have both gained weight during this stay home order and are ready to start working to reverse that. Our CSA deliveries start soon so that will make it a lot easier to eat healthy. I'm looking forward to that!!

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Piada takeout (very dangerous now that we know they deliver to us!)
Monday - Meatloaf, mashed potatoes and air fried cauliflower
Tuesday - Beef Fajitas for the adults and Tacos for the kids
Wednesday - Pesto Shrimp over spaghetti for the adults and spaghetti and meatballs for the kids
Thursday - Frittata
Friday - Chili Mac
Saturday - Leftovers or frozen apps to give us the most time to have fun and also to empty our freezer

Water Flavor:
Last week I used up the last apple that was going bad in my water. This week I will start working on the pears that I forgot I had and are now iffy to eat. I'll use them up in my water for at least the next week or two so I don't waste them.

Baking this Week:
Amish Friendship Bread - I baked this on Saturday with the second batch of the start that I got a few weeks ago. I gave away 3 starts and have another one started that I will bake next week again. I'm going to keep doing this until I give starts to all of the people on my list, or the boys get sick of eating the bread.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread - The boys keep asking for this for breakfast so I'll be making it again later this week, after some of our baked goods are eaten.

No comments:

Post a Comment