Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Keeping Up With...2020 Goals (April Recap)

Well I did much better getting my goals recap done this month than I did for the first three months of the year.  I guess when I have more time to work on this stuff, it actually gets done. We spent the entire month of April sheltering at home as well as Adrian working from home and the boys doing school from home. It was a weird month for sure! Some days were hard, others flew by. It has been an adjustment to staying home all the time but we are really trying to make the best of it! I go back and forth between being super productive and super overwhelmed with how much I still have to do here at home. I'm just trying to do the best I can, have a lot of fun with the family and not worry too much about how things are changing all the time.

Some of my goals I made really good progress this month, others I wasn't able to do at all. Any thing that is not in our house is on hold for right now. We made great progress on cleaning the house and getting rid of a bunch of stuff. Of course almost all of it is still in our garage, but it will eventually be donated to either our church or Volunteers of America. Now we are working on the maintainence of the house and we are including the boys in that. They clean the house each weekend, all three of them go to each room and clean what they see is dirty.  We plan to continue this, even when we are no longer sheltering at home. Now that the cleaning is all done and school is wrapping up, I'm going to move on to painting a few of the rooms over the summer. We are also coming up with a summer bucket list and expectations for this summer since most of our favorite places remain closed. I'm getting creative to keep the boys engaged and not on video games all day long. Stay tuned for more updates on that!!
Here are my goals for 2020 and how I'm doing.  The blue ones are new goals (none this month), crossed out ones are revised goals and red ones are completed (still none, but some are close).
  • Lose 25 pounds - I gained 5 pounds this month. My eating since we've been staying home has been pretty bad. I'm moving a lot so thankfully that number isn't too big, but I need to get a handle on my eating next month and hopefully start to see the number go down.
  • Exercise for 20 minutes every day - I've exercised 103 days so far this year!! I exercised just about every day in April only missing Easter Sunday. Some of the days were just a long walk with Rocky, other days it was 3 Zumba classes. I'm thankful I can still stay active at home!
  • Finish 12 exercise related calendar challenges - I finished 24 of the 30 days in April. I picked to do 30 days of yoga in April and I honestly hated it! It was causing me stress and I was not enjoying the practice at all. So about 10 days in to the month, I switched it to some type of strength or stretching exercises each day. I still missed a few days, but I did way better than when it was just yoga.
  • Do 30 40 Bible Plans in the You Verse app - I've finished 17 so far this year, including one that was 40 days long for Lent and was a study of Jesus' days here on Earth. I really enjoyed that one!
  • Read "A Little God Time for Women" - 121 days done, on track to finish this goal
  • Read 20 books - I've finished 4 books so far this year.  In April I read "Girl, Wash Your Face" and "How to Ride a Dragon's Storm." I really enjoyed both books and they were both quick reads. I'm a little behind on this goal but I'm hoping to pick it up this summer.
  • Read the 12 How to Train Your Dragon Books - I finished book 7 this month and loved it. I'm on the wait list for book 8 right now.
  • Read "Feminine Mystique" - I have read 26% so far this year. I'm still not loving this book, but know it's an important one to read.
  • Write 45 meal plan blogs - I did 4 posts this month, 9 blog posts so far this year. I feel like all I do is cook and clean up after cooking! I know I'm not acutally cooking any more than before, but it feels like it because that's all I'm doing some days!
  • Write 52 weekly summary blogs - I did 6 posts this month, 15 blog posts so far this year. I did really well with staying up to date on all of these for the month and I even did one from earlier this year that I needed to catch up on. I'm focusing on the blog this month so I hope to finish all of the unfinished posts in May.
  • Write 12 4 goal recap blogs - I've done 2 so far this year. I'm really hoping to be able to keep up with this every month!
  • Pay off $5,000 of credit card debt - We are back to even after this month. We are still planning to work on this although it is very hard since I am out of work right now. We will pay our large payment in May for sure and reevaluate each month after that.
  • Renovate the boys' bedrooms - We are currently deep cleaning the whole house & then will focus on this.
  • Finish my daily to do list every night - I did 22 days in April which is pretty good for me. I'm really focusing on getting my stuff done each day and then working on catching up with stuff on my giant to do list. I think once the boys are done with school I will have more time to focus on this stuff.
  • Watch 50 movies - We've watched 18 movies so far.  Our April movies were "Onward," "Avengers: Rise of Ultron," "Ant Man," "Storks," "Smallfoot," and "E.T." We also started "Pan" but no one liked it so we didn't finish it and I didn't count it in our total. We're watching a ton of movies at home because we can't go anywhere!
  • Go on 12 dates with Adrian - We've gone on 3 dates so far this year. This is kind of on hold since everywhere is closed. However restaurants are opening back up in the next few weeks so I'm hoping to go out once a month for the rest of the year.
  • Sub 80 days in the schools - I've subbed 21.5 days so far since January.  Unfortunately this goal is on hold until schools reopen, or possibly next year.  
  • Go to 6 Zumba jam sessions - I haven't gone to any in person but have done a bunch of mini-jams at home.  All of the in person ones have been cancelled or postponed.  They are doing virtual ones but since my income is non-existant I am holding off on those for right now. I am registered for one in June and I will see how that goes and where we are after that one but I may sign up for one or two more.
  • Clean out master bedroom - We are currently deep cleaning the whole house & then will focus on this.
  • Play 1 game with Adrian each week - I have done this all 17 weeks so far!
  • Play Pandemic Legacy: Season 2 with Adrian once per month - We have played all 4 months so far.  We won again in April, but just barely!!  
  • Play Machi Koro Legacy with the boys - We have played all 4 months so far and are having a great time playing this game as a family!!  I won April and we love all the twists that this game is taking.
  • Have 6 nights out with friends - I've had 1 night out so far (really this is just a bunch of video chats with friends but I'm making sure to make these a priority)
  • Go on an awesome family vacation to the Outerbanks - We have decided to cancel this trip due to the uncertain nature of travel right now.  We are waiting to hear if someone else books the week for the house we're committed to.
  • Do 100 fun family things (one thing each week during school & one thing per person each week over the summer) - We did 12 fun things so far this year and obviously this is on hold for right now.  We are still having fun, it's just a different kind of fun right now.  I'm hoping we can still get close to this goal by having an epic summer, but we'll have to wait to see what is opened back up.
  • Go on 2 family camping trips - hopefully this can still happen!!
  • Deep clean the whole house - In April we finished the kitchen, the boys' bedroom, Daniel's bedroom and the toy room. Only our bedroom left and then the whole house will be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment