Monday, April 27, 2020

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for April 26 - May 2)

I did great with my meal plan until Friday last week, then I just didn't feel like cooking at all.  We were all exhausted after the week on Friday, probably because it was a pretty emotional week for all of us.  We decided to scrap our dinner plans and order Chinese from the place up the street instead.  Then on Saturday we were having so much fun playing board games and watching TV that we again didn't feel like cooking so we decided to just have frozen pizza, leftover Chinese and snacks for the day.  So some of our meals from last week are pushed to this week instead.

This week I'm back to baking up some goodies for us to have for breakfasts.  We went out to get donuts yesterday for breakfast so the boys had them for today, and Adrian and I made a breakfast casserole with our leftover ham.  I'm also not shopping this week so we'll be using whatever we have around the house.  I'm actually hoping to not shop again next week, although I may be out of produce by then so I may have to go.  I can't wait for my CSA to start in a few weeks, then I'll have fresh produce every week delivered to my door so I won't have to worry about that.  I will also need a trip to Costco pretty soon to restock on some of our snacks and meats, but I'm hoping to wait until mid-May for that trip.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday -  Fully Loaded Deviled Eggs and Air Fried Buffalo Cauliflower to use up more hard boiled eggs and a head of cauliflower
Monday - Ham and Bean Soup and Air Fried Zucchini to use up more ham and 2 zucchini
Tuesday - Chili Mac
Wednesday - Mac and Cheese and salad to use up the other half of the can of evaporated milk from when I made this a few weeks ago
Thursday - Salsa and Veggie Soup to use up the black beans that I have in the fridge
Friday - Cavatelli to use up ricotta that I have, plus it's my favorite pasta and I can never find it
Saturday - Leftovers from the week or frozen appetizers since it's family fun day!

Water flavor - Apple again this week.  I have this apple and one more and then I can move on to another flavor.  But again, produce is scarce around here so I may need to use some of my frozen fruit for this in 2 weeks.

Breakfasts this week:
Ham and Hashbrown Casserole - to use up our Easter ham
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars - to use up the half of can of pumpkin from when I made these a few weeks ago
Amish Friendship Bread - I got a start from a friend last week and am excited to do this with the boys.  I'll have a few starts to give away later this week if anyone is interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment