Sunday, April 1, 2018

Keeping Up With...2018 Goals (March Recap & April Goals)

March was a pretty great month around here, although I did slack on some of my goals for the year.  My parents were here for a long weekend which was awesome.  We had three long days of family time, which also included a lot of eating, drinking and not a lot of exercising.  We also celebrated my birthday and Easter (although that was technically April 1st).  It was a great month of family time and even though I missed a few goals, I wouldn't change it at all.  Same as I did in February, I will talk a little about how I did with each of the 10 goals this month and then talk about my plans for April to stay on track.

1. Lose 50 pounds (Lost 10 pounds this year, Grade for March: D)
  • Meal plan each Sunday - I did do this all 4 weeks, but I didn't do a great job of sticking to my plan, especially the healthy options that I had on there.
  • Count calories for at least 21 days (taking off 10 days for birthday celebrations) - I only counted for about 12 days.  I took off way more than 10 days.  It wasn't pretty
  • Go to at least one class per week that I am not teaching - I taught a Zumba Toning class and went to Body Pump once.  Not great, but at least that's half of what my goal was.
  • Lose 4 pounds - I didn't lose any weight this month.  In fact, I may have actually gained weight.  I haven't weighed in the past two Wednesdays, I just don't want to know how bad it is.  I will weigh in this Weds to get a baseline for April.
2. Read 20 books again (Read 4 books this year, Grade for March: A-)
  • Finish 2 books - I finished one book "Heart of the Matter" and am almost done "Fudge-a-Mania"
  • Make progress on "Americanah" (read at least 10%) - Done.  I actually read 16% this month and I am 70% done this book.
3. Watch 25 movies (Watched 9 movies this year, Grade for March: A+)
  • Watch 4 movies - Done!  We watched "Aladdin," "Raiders of the Lost Ark," "Captain America: Civil War," and "Hop"
4. Go on 12 dates with Adrian (3 dates this year, Grade for March: A+)
  • Go see "An American in Paris" - Done!  This was a different play than we are used to, lots of dancing, not a lot of singing.  We didn't love it, but it was fun.  We are super excited we were able to renew our tickets for next year this month as well!
5. Pay off 1 credit card and my student loans (Grade for March: C)
  • Sub at least twice each week - I subbed 9.5 days this month which is pretty good considering one week was spring break and I took one week off between my parents being here and just needing to catch up on a bunch of stuff around the house.
  • Help Adrian work at least 3 hours of OT each week - Adrian got about 8 hours this month which is just short of what we wanted.  He didn't work any over time the last week of the month because they gave him Good Friday off and we always love a 3 day weekend together!
  • Spend as little as possible - We did decide against a second date in favor of saving money, however we spent a little more for my birthday than expected.  We went out to eat a few times and got a lot of little snacks too.  Although we did use a lot of freebies so that's good.
  • File our taxes and use some of our refund towards a credit card - I finally got Turbo Tax installed and transferred our personal data from last year.  I'm under the gun to finish in the next two weeks!
6. Finish my CEUs for my YMCA certification (Grade for March: A+)
  • Attend one Zumba jam session - Done!  It was another great session!
  • Upload all of the CEUs for the jams I have attended - Done!!  I have officially uploaded everything that I needed and am recertified for the next two years.  WOOT!!  Now on to the Silver Sneaker requirements...
7. Clean out the house (Grade for March: A)
  • Spend 20 minutes each weekend going thru our loft - We did this four of the five weekends, taking one off while my parents were here.  We got rid of a lot of stuff and are making progress on turning this area into a game room.  Hopefully next month we'll be done.
8. Keep up an active blog (Grade for March: A+)
  • Meal plan posts every Sunday - 4 posts done!
  • Week in review posts every Friday - 5 posts done!
  • Monthly goal posts the last day of the month - Doing it now.  And this is the earliest I've done this recap all year.
9. Play more board game (Grade for March: A)
  • Have one family board game night - Again, we didn't have an official game night this month, but we played some games.  Adrian played some with the boys and I played a few as well.
10. Improve my classes (Grade for March: A+)
  • Attend one Zumba jam session - Done!!
  • Figure out alternating Tues/Thurs workouts - Done!!
Here's what I'll be doing in April to continue to work towards these goals:
1. Lose 50 pounds
  • Meal plan each Sunday
  • Count calories for 28 days starting 4/3
  • Go to at least one class per week that I am not teaching
  • Lose 6 pounds
2. Read 20 books again
  • Finish 2 books - "Fudge-a-Mania" & "Charlie & the Chocolate Factory"
  • Make progress on "Americanah" (read at least 5%)
3. Watch 25 movies
  • Watch 4 movies
4. Go on 12 dates with Adrian
  • Go see "The King and I"
5. Pay off 1 credit card and my student loans
  • Sub at least twice each week
  • Help Adrian work at least 3 hours of OT each week
  • Spend as little as possible
  • File our taxes and use some of our refund towards a credit card
6. Finish my CEUs for my YMCA certification new requirements for Silver Sneakers
  • Do the new foundations training for free this month
  • Complete the new fraud, waste, alert training
7. Clean out the house
  • Spend 20 minutes each weekend going thru our loft
8. Keep up an active blog
  • Meal plan posts every Sunday
  • Week in review posts every Friday
  • Monthly goal posts the last day of the month
9. Play more board game
  • Have one family board game night
10. Improve my classes
  • Attend one Zumba jam session
  • Finish my foundations training for Silver Sneakers

No comments:

Post a Comment