Monday, April 16, 2018

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 4/6 - 4/12)

Friday (4/6) We reached another Friday and boy are we feeling the effects of being off and then having to get back to our schedule!  We were dragging but everyone made it to work and school on time.  We did get an extra half hour of sleep today because Adrian drove AJ to school since he had a project due today.  I was subbing in the other boys' school so we all went in together a little early.  I had a great day subbing in two different classes!  After school we all came home and relaxed a little before having dinner and then family movie night.  It was Zak's pick and he had found our movie last week at the library - Cars 3.  We all really enjoyed the movie, way better than Cars 2!  After the movie, we got the boys to bed, finished cleaning up a little and then watched a few comedies before heading to bed ourselves.
Saturday (4/7) As I mentioned last week, all of the boys soccer games were cancelled for today since the weather has been horrible and the fields are a muddy mess!  So the guys had a much easier Saturday than they were planning on.  They spent the day playing, working around the house and relaxing.  I had a busy day of dancing!  I started off at the Y teaching an awesome class to the super fun Saturday morning crowd.  Then after a brief stop home to eat and change clothes, I headed across town to another Zumba jam session.  I had a fun afternoon dancing with friends and learning 4 new Salsas.  Excited to bring them to my classes!
 
When I got home, I was pretty tired and very happy that the weather held out for Adrian to grill steaks for us for dinner.  After enjoying a delicious dinner, we finished up a few things around the house then settled in for another movie night.  Tonight we watched Jumanji with one of my free birthday rentals from Redbox.  Again, we all loved it!  It was funny, entertaining, had great actors, just enough action to keep everyone interested and a happy ending.  All of the things we like in our movies.  After the movie, we got the boys to bed and watched one show from our DVR.  I was so tired that I headed to bed while Adrian stayed up to hang out for a little while.  It was a pretty great Saturday!

Sunday (4/8) We all slept in a little bit and then got ready for a busy Sunday.  We all got ready and went to first service for church today.  It was fun to worship together and Daniel has a new friend from school in his Sunday school class so he was super excited about that.  After church we went home and had lunch and the split up for a while.  Adrian took Zak and AJ to the Y for their swim lessons while Daniel and I stayed home so I could get a few things done around the house.  Then we met them there so Adrian could take AJ to soccer practice while I stayed at the Y for Daniel's lessons.  We all met back at home to do a quick change and then Adrian took all 3 boys to Martial Arts.  When they finally got home, we had a quick dinner of leftovers and then finished up what we could around the house.  We got the boys to bed early since they all have standardized testing all week at school so their homework is to get good rest!  We finished the night with some comedies and an early bed time for us as well.

Monday (4/9) Back to our routine and it's a full week for us!  We did start our count down to summer yesterday, only 35 more school days to go.  Everyone got up and out on time today except for Adrian who was not feeling well at all.  He decided to sleep in and stay home from work for the day.  I got everyone to school and then headed to the Y for Body Pump.  I got there and quickly realized that I forgot my jacket...and it was snowing.  I still headed in and did the new Body Pump and taught my Silver Sneakers class then headed home to grab a quick lunch and my jacket!
After lunch, I ran a few errands since I had a lot to get done this week and not a lot of free time.  I got back just in time to pick up the boys from school, drop them off at home with Adrian and head out to the Y for my Zumba class.  After a great class, I ran home to eat a quick dinner and then it was Scout night for all of us.  Adrian took AJ to his Boy Scout meeting and I took Zak to his Cub Scout meeting.  Daniel came with me and Zak and was glad he did because he got a twizzler to practice tying knots with like all of the other boys.  Zak and his den also learned how to fold a flag and how to take care of the flag.  When all of the meetings were done, we headed home and got ready for bed.  We got the boys to bed, finished up the dinner clean up, watched a few shows and headed to bed.  Thankfully Adrian is feeling better and will be back to work tomorrow!
Tuesday (4/10) We all got up and out on time again today.  Today started state testing for AJ for the next 6 school days so we are trying to make sure he gets as much rest as possible.  After I got everyone to school, I headed to the Harcum Center to teach my two Silver Sneakers classes.  After the classes I headed into school to sub for the afternoon.  When school was over, I took Daniel and Zak home and we quickly got ready for their soccer practices.  After lots of cancellations, it looks like we might finally be on track to kick off this season.  They both had practice at the same time so I took them all to Zak's field, then Adrian met us there and took Daniel to his practice.  When everyone was done, we came home and had dinner and then relaxed a little before it was time to get ready for bed.  We put the boys to bed, watched some TV and then headed to bed.  It already feels like a long week!!

Wednesday (4/11) We all got up and out of the house on time again.  It is a super busy day and I had to pack us up for the whole day this morning, we'll be gone from about 8:45am until after 7pm.  I packed everything up that I thought we might need and headed out to sub a Zumba class and a barre class for a friend who is on the Zumba cruise.  After the classes, I ran to the school to sub in the afternoon and had a great afternoon with a class I struggled with last time.

When school was over, we picked up AJ and headed to the Y for my Zumba class.  It was a sweaty fun time!  Then I got Zak changed, we ate dinner in the car and we headed over to the soccer field for Zak's first soccer game.  The kids had a blast playing & his team won!  Zak enjoyed playing in the mud the most.  We finally headed home after that, exhausted!  We relaxed for a little bit then got the boys ready for bed.  When they were asleep, we watched Survivor and then headed to bed ourselves.  Longest Wednesday ever!
Thursday (4/12) We were all pretty wiped out from yesterday, but we still managed to get up and out to school on time today.  After I dropped everyone off I headed to the Harcum Center to teach my two Silver Sneakers classes and then run some errands that I needed to finish up.  I ran around until it was time to pick the boys up from school.  I got AJ off the bus and walked up to pick up the other two boys since it was pretty nice, if a little windy.  We came home to realize our play set had broke in the wind.  The canvas that covers the "tree house" ripped in half.  We need to figure out how to get it replaced now.
After we all got home, we relaxed a little and then got ready to have dinner and head out to soccer practice.  All three boys had practice tonight.  I took everyone and dropped Zak off at his field for practice and then headed over to the other field to drop off AJ and Daniel.  I quickly ran to Costco while they were all practicing.  Adrian went to pick up Zak on his way home from work and when I was done shopping I picked up the other boys.  We all eventually got home and were exhausted.  Adrian and I got the groceries unloaded and mostly put away, got the boys to bed and then largely ignored the mess in the house.  We watched one show and then headed to bed.  One more day until the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment