Sunday, April 29, 2018

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for April 29 - May 5)

Another week flew by and we had a lot of great food!  We pretty much followed our meal plan except for Friday night.  We decided to go out to dinner instead of going to the play we had tickets for.  It was a better choice for our sanity.  We enjoyed tacos at Condado and ice cream at Ice Cream Rollery and came home full and happy!

This week is crazy busy again.  That's pretty much how it goes from now until the end of the school year.  We have tons of soccer games and practices, lots of Scout events, field trips, meetings, celebrations plus our normal load of work, school and social events.  May is jam packed, I honestly don't think we have a single free day.  I'm going to try my best to stick to my healthy eating but I'm not going to beat myself up if I don't.  My goal for the summer will be moderation in both eating and exercising as I'm trying to find a balance between working and hanging out with the boys.

My mother in law volunteered at the food pantry last week and brought us some of the leftover produce.  We have a ton of corn on the cob, zucchini, apples, carrots and yellow squash.  So you will see a lot of that on the menu the next two weeks.  We also still have some cabbage and a butternut squash that I need to use.  I planned this week's meals around what I already have and what is easy since it's a busy week.  I don't have to go food shopping until much later in the week since we have everything I need for all of these meals.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Meatball Subs for the boys, Meatballs over zoodles for the adults
Monday - Thai Chicken Salad
Tuesday - Taco Tuesday!
Wednesday - Leftovers or Sandwiches (at the soccer field until late)
Thursday - Turkey Cabbage Stew (carry over from last week)
Friday - Panko Tilapia with Zucchini Chips
Saturday - Zucchini Enchiladas

Water Flavor - Orange Mint.  I acquired two oranges from school this week so I plan to use them in my water for the week.  And I got a great deal on mint so I'll be using it over the next few weeks as well.

Overnight Oats - I'm using my normal recipe to make a few batches for the week.  We have two days covered already this week so I don't need to make that many.  Since it was a busy weekend, I'm using the easy flavored yogurts to make the oats this week.  I'll be using key lime yogurt for two batches and one of the International Delight creamer yogurts for the other two batches.  I think that will be enough for the week but if I need one more batch, I will use the pina colada yogurt that I have.

Use it Up - Once again, I am trying to use up all of the veggies we have in the house.  I was pretty successful last week but then I got restocked because of what my mother in law dropped off.  We do need some fruit so I will pick up some of that this week, whatever is on sale.

Lunches - My lunches this week will be salads.  I didn't eat as many as I thought I would last week because I ended up home two days so I had leftovers (which are just about all gone).  I have a few open bottles of dressing that I want to use up this week over the remaining lettuce.  I will also have leftovers of the salad I make on Monday so that will be lunch some days too.

No comments:

Post a Comment