Sunday, April 8, 2018

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for April 8 - April 14)

Last week we got back to our routine around here.  Everyone went back to school and back to eating a little better.  We did pretty well sticking to our meal plan last week, except that I bumped up these delicious pork chop sandwiches from today to last Wednesday.  We needed something quick and easy that night and these fit the bill.  We were going to have the fish tacos tonight, but today went very left of where we expected to be so we had leftovers instead.

We have a touch of the stomach bug around here, both Zak and Adrian are dealing with it today.  I'm hoping everyone is well by tomorrow morning and we'll be back to our regular schedule for the week.  But if not, the tacos may get pushed again since I don't want to make them if Adrian can't eat them.  Fish is the one thing neither of us like to eat leftover.  I try very hard not to have leftovers when we have it.

This is a very busy week because soccer has started up but with the bad weather out here we've had a rough start.  Zak will have an extra practice this week as well as a game during the week if our current schedule holds.  And Adrian and AJ are heading out to their first Boy Scout camp out this weekend.  Again that is the plan for now, although it could change.  I'm planning to cook both Friday and Saturday night as if Adrian will be here.  And if he's not, I may bump what I have planned for pasta with the boys.  If I do cook what I have planned, we'll have a lot of leftovers to start next week and that is OK too.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - leftovers
Monday - Fish Tacos (carry over from last week)
Tuesday - Caprese Quiche
Wednesday - Beef Mushroom Barley Soup
Thursday - Cauliflower Ham Au Gratin with Roasted Asparagus
Friday - Bacon Cheeseburger Skillet with Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Saturday - Sausage & Pepper Frittata (with mushrooms instead of onions)

Water Flavor - Cucumber.  I had one that needed to be used up.  I wish I had mint, that's such a great combination!

Overnight Oats - I am actually out of Greek yogurt so I'm using my normal recipe but using flavored Greek yogurt instead of plain.  I got a caramel macchiato one that I can't wait to try!  I also have black cherry and blueberry lavender.

Use it Up - I'm continuing to use up all of the veggies that I have in the fridges.  I've been pretty successful so far.  I'm down to tomatoes, mushrooms, asparagus and Brussels sprouts.  I'm also using up some cooked chicken and the rest of the Easter ham.  I also have some cabbage to use up, so I'll use some this week and then that will be a focal point next week.

Lunches - I made a large batch of protein Ranch dressing that I will be using in salads all week.  I'm still trying to use up the hard boiled eggs from Easter as well.  And avocados have been on sale so I'm excited to be using them in each salad too!

No comments:

Post a Comment