Friday, April 27, 2018

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 4/20 - 4/26)

Friday (4/20) Another week in the books!  We accidentally overslept a little but thankfully still got up in time to get everyone to school and work on time.  Adrian drove AJ so we didn't have to be as stressed out about the time to catch the bus.  I was subbing all day so I took Daniel and Zak in to school a little early with me.  I had a great day of subbing, the class and I had a lot of fun together.  When the school day was done, we headed home to pick up AJ and then headed to Krispy Kreme to get our free donuts from our last report cards.  The boys each had one donut and then it was time to get Zak ready for his soccer practice.  Adrian took him to soccer while I got dinner ready.  We all enjoyed a pasta dinner and then did a little clean up before settling down for a family movie night.  We watched "Justice League" and everyone really enjoyed it!  It was late when the movie was over so we got the boys to bed after, watched one show and then headed to bed ourselves.  Fun family Friday night!
Saturday (4/21) Everyone slept in a little after being up late last night for movie night.  The boys had a relaxing start to their morning since they didn't need to be anywhere.  I got up and moving and headed to the Y to teach my Zumba class.  We had a great time dancing and chatting!  Then I headed home to get a few things done and hang out with AJ and Daniel while Adrian took Zak to his soccer game.  His team won big again and he had a great time!  After soccer we got a few things done then got ready to head to my brother's house for dinner.  The cousins had a great time playing together including lots of time outside while the adults enjoying eating, drinking adult beverages and chatting.  The only downside was that both the Blue Jackets & the Devils lost their playoff hockey games.  At least the Jackets have two more games to try to pull out wins and advance to the next round.  We stayed pretty late at their house and were all exhausted when we got home.  The boys went right to bed and Adrian and I barely made it thru one comedy before heading to bed for the night.
Sunday (4/22) Again we all slept in and were really dragging this morning.  We decided to blow off most of our day for a relaxing stay at home day.  We skipped church and swim lessons for everyone.  We worked around the house while the boys played board games and video games.  I also worked on my required Silver Sneakers training that I have to finish before April 30th.  AJ had a birthday party for his buddy David this afternoon so Adrian took him to that.  Adrian went and bought shoes while AJ was at Lazer Craze for the party.  AJ had so much fun playing on the trampolines, playing laser tag and eating pizza and cake.
 
While they were out, I hung out at home with Zak and Daniel and continued to work around the house.  Then I took them to Martial Arts in the evening.  They had so much fun and did a great job practicing all of their skills!  After we all got back home, we had dinner together and then finished up our to do lists to get ready for the busy week ahead.  The boys played some video games and Daniel uploaded his first video to his YouTube channel.  Then we did snack, show and bed for the boys and then for ourselves.  It was nice to have a lighter Sunday!

Monday (4/23) It was back to our regular weekly schedule today.  We got AJ out to the bus on time and then I got the other two boys ready for school.  After I dropped them off, I came home to pack up for the day because we would be out until after 7pm tonight.  Then I headed to the Y to teach my Silver Sneakers class.  As soon as class was over, I ran back to school to sub for the afternoon.  When school was over, I grabbed Daniel and Zak and we ran home to pick up AJ and head to the Y for my Zumba class.  We had a fun class dancing and sweating together!

After class, I got Daniel dressed for soccer and we headed to the field for his game.  We thought it was going to be cancelled since it had been raining for a few hours but they decided to keep the games on as scheduled.  It must be because there are already so many games to make up due to this weather!  Daniel did great playing in the rain, even though he hates getting wet in the rain.  Zak had a blast playing at the park & getting soaked from head to toe!  AJ played with Zak for a while and then Adrian picked him up so they could head to Hannah Park for AJ's Scout meeting.  They did a fitness test including running a mile together.  He had fun and got to play at the park a little after the meeting since the rain stopped.
When we all finally got home and into dry clothes, we had a little bit of time to relax and watch some TV before it was time for bed.  We got the kids down, got the kitchen cleaned up and then sat down to watch some TV before we headed to bed as well.  I was exhausted and thought it was from being outside at the soccer game.  But when I actually look back on the day, it was probably just because it was a super busy day!

Tuesday (4/24) We woke up to another rainy day but we were able to all get up and moving so everyone got to work and school on time.  After I got everyone to school, I headed to the Harcum Center to teach my two Silver Sneakers classes.  Then I ran errands all afternoon in an attempt to get them all done in one day.  I finished almost all of them and got home right after AJ got off the bus.  I'm so thankful he has a key and is OK to come home alone most days.  I unloaded the car and then headed up to pick up Daniel and Zak from school.

I got busy putting away groceries and cooking dinner as soon as we got back.  I made a double batch of baked ziti tonight, one for us and one for a friend who is recovering from surgery.  Daniel was supposed to have soccer practice but since it rained all day, it was cancelled.  So we had a much easier evening.  Zak had his rain gutter regatta for Cub Scouts tonight, so Adrian took him to that.  He had a great time racing his boat and then doing an obstacle course they had set up.  It was a fun night for him!  When they got home, we got the boys to bed and then finished up the cleaning and watched a few shows before heading to bed for the night.
Wednesday (4/25) Today did not go as planned when Daniel got up not feeling well - he had a fever and upset stomach and just general achy feeling.  I got AJ and Zak off to school and then cancelled my day, including finding a sub for my Zumba class this afternoon.  He spent the day on the couch resting and watching TV while I was super productive around the house, getting a ton of stuff done including my mandatory Silver Sneakers training that had to be finished by the end of this month.  The day passed quickly and soon the other boys got home from school.  Since I didn't have Zumba, we didn't have anything to do today so we got thru homework and dinner with very little effort and a lot of time for playing and watching TV.  Adrian went to his Bible study tonight so it was just the four of us all night.  While I hate that Daniel was sick, I enjoyed a day without anywhere to go and time to be super productive around the house.  Adrian got home in time to help with bed time and then we watched "Survivor" before heading to bed ourselves.  Not the day I had planned but we made the best of it!

Thursday (4/26) Today started much like yesterday with Daniel still not feeling well and staying home from school again.  I got a sub for one of my Silver Sneakers classes and then we had to cancel the other one.  I hate to do that but it was the best option for our family.  The day passed quickly again much like yesterday with me being super productive while Daniel rested and watched TV.  Soon AJ got home and I walked up to pick up Zak from school.  They had some free time since no one had homework (yay!!), then we all had to get ready for soccer practice tonight.  Daniel missed practice so he is 100% for tomorrow but he still had to come with us.  I dropped him and Zak off at Zak's practice where Adrian met us and took them home after.  Then I took AJ over to his practice and dropped him off before running to Giant Eagle to pick up a few things.  When we all got home, we finished cleaning up, the boys had a snack and a show and we got them to bed.  We watched a few comedies and headed to bed too.

No comments:

Post a Comment