Sunday, April 15, 2018

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 3/30 - 4/5)

Friday (3/30) Another great night of sleep and a morning that we all slept in!  Adrian has today off so we are ready to enjoy a three day weekend with very little on the schedule.  We thought about going to the zoo today, but the weather didn't look great so we decided to stay home and have a family day.  We relaxed, played board games, played video games and did some work around the house.  In the afternoon we took a field trip to use up another one of my birthday freebies.  We went to a new to us place, Culver's, for ice cream.  We actually had coupons for all of us to get free scoops, yay for free ice cream!!  We all really enjoyed it and decided this would not be our last time eating here.
After our afternoon treat, Daniel and Zak decided they wanted to go to Target to spend some of the allowance so Adrian took them there while I stayed home with AJ.  Then we spent the rest of the afternoon much like the morning.  We had an easy dinner, finished clean up and popped up a bunch of popcorn for family movie night!  It was Daniel's pick and he wanted to watch an Avengers movie so we watched "Captain America: Civil War."  It was awesome, we all loved it!  Well, the four of us who watched it loved it, Zak chose to play video games instead.  The boys are super excited to watch more Avengers movies soon, especially Spiderman.  After we got them to bed, we opened some wine and watched some comedies.

Saturday (3/31) Another great night of sleep and everyone sleeping in this morning!  We got a lazy start to our day with some donuts, coffee and TV.  We were thinking about going to a local egg hunt but the boys decided they didn't want to go (and I'm glad we didn't, I heard they didn't have many eggs and tons of kids!)  Adrian and I started working on our chores around the house while the boys played for most of the morning.  In the afternoon, AJ had a Scout event so Adrian took him to that.  They enjoyed seeing the Eagle Scout ceremony and AJ is motivated to try to achieve it as well.

After they got back home, we got a bunch of stuff done around the house and then stopped around dinner time for some Easter prep.  We colored two dozen eggs for the bunny to hide tomorrow.  We used a volcano egg kit that I found this year.  It didn't really work like it was supposed to, but it made the eggs looks awesome.  And we also used a normal egg die kit, which the boys just mixed all the colors up and I tried not to freak out about it.  They had a great time doing it this year!  After we cleaned that up, they got ready for movie night & I headed to Sonic to get my free birthday shake & half price shakes for everyone else.
 
When I got home with the shakes, we watched "Hop."  It was OK, kinda boring.  The boys thought it was pretty funny though.  Zak lost interest about halfway thru and then watched the last 20 minutes again.  When the movie was over, we got the boys to bed and did a few things around the house until we were sure they were asleep.  Then we hid our eggs, wrapped our presents and set everything up for the morning.  In between all of that we did watch the second halves of the basketball games and are happy to see Michigan and Villanova in the finals on Monday night.  We watched a few comedies over a glass of wine then headed to bed anticipating an early wake up.
Sunday (4/1) Happy Easter!!  As predicted, the boys had us up pretty early this morning to hunt for eggs.  They were super excited and were running all over the house looking for them.  It was really fun and cute!  They also loved opening up all of their presents and eating candy for breakfast.  They each got a new towel, crocs and a pool noodle for Easter.  We had a slow start after all of that fun before heading out to second service of church together as a family.  It was a packed house and we loved every minute of worshiping and learning with our church family!  After that service, Adrian took the boys home & I volunteered in childcare for the third service.  I had so much fun singing and dancing with the kids!!
After church we had a very relaxing day at home.  We played games, watched video games, ate more candy and got the rest of our things around the house done and ready for a busy week.  We enjoyed a later dinner of ham, string beans & salad and ice cream cake for dessert.  After dinner the boys played a few more video games while Adrian and I tried to get control of the kitchen.  We tried to head back towards a normal bed time since we only have one more day of spring break.  After the boys were in bed, Adrian and I watched some TV and headed to bed too.  It's back to work for both of us tomorrow as well as Scouts for AJ.

Monday (4/2) Today felt like April Fool's Day when I woke up to snow on the ground and all three boys sleeping in!  We finally got up and moving and headed to the Y for my Silver Sneakers class this morning.  Then we ran home after class to have a quick lunch and wait for all of our friends to arrive to play.  The boys wanted to have four friends over today and I said OK.  I thought I was crazy but they actually all played really well together and I did very little other than just being in the house with them.  They all had a great time and my boys said it was the best day of spring break!
After everyone left, we did a few last minute things to get ready for school tomorrow and then got ready for the evening.  We had an early dinner before I headed to the church to work for a few hours and Adrian took AJ to soccer practice since Scouts was cancelled tonight.  The other boys went to soccer as well and played at the park while AJ practiced.  They all did really well being outside that long considering it was pretty cold.  After we all got home, we cleaned up from our play date then watched the new "Peppa Pig" that premiered this morning!  All three boys thought it was hilarious, and Adrian and I loved that they finally addressed the fact that Rebecca Rabbit does everything.  After that, we got the boys to bed and Adrian watched the basketball championship while I did a few things and headed to bed early.

Tuesday (4/3) We were back to our school routine today!  We have 8 weeks left of school this year until summer break.  Everyone is trying for perfect attendance this quarter and I'm hoping the weeks go smoothly.  Everyone was actually early getting ready this morning and we were all on time to school.  After I dropped everyone off, I headed to teach my two Silver Sneakers classes.  I had two great classes and we had a lot of fun!  Then I braved the horrible weather to head in to school to sub for the afternoon.  We were supposed to have soccer tonight but since there were horrible storms, including tornado warnings, all of the practices were cancelled.  We had a relaxing night at home doing homework, playing and watching TV.  And then it was an early bed time for everyone since we were all tired from getting back to our routines.

Wednesday (4/4) We all got a great night of sleep and were ready for another full day.  I got everyone up and out to school and then I headed to the Y to get back to being a student in Body Pump.  It felt good to be back, even if I was a little sore after it!  Then I ran a few errands, changed quickly and headed in to sub for the afternoon.  When school was over, we ran home and picked up AJ and headed to the Y for my Zumba class.  We had a fun class and then the boys and I headed home for the night.  Adrian had small group so we were on our own for dinner and homework time.  Since the boys did great with that, I rewarded them (and me!) with some video game time before our normal night routine.  Adrian got home in time to help with bedtime.  Then we did the final clean up, watched Survivor and headed to bed.

Thursday (4/5) We hit the wall a little today and everyone was tired, but we still were able to get up and out on time to school.  After I got everyone dropped off, I headed to teach my two Silver Sneakers classes.  When class was over, I ran a bunch of errands that I didn't have time to run last week since I had the boys home all week.  I got home just in time to pick everyone up from school.  Daniel was super excited to share with us that he had his awards assembly and again earned straight A's!  He has gotten all A's for the first three quarters and will be working very hard to keep his streak for the fourth quarter.
Our night was supposed to be super busy but since the weather has been awful, all of the soccer practices were cancelled tonight.  Actually all soccer activities have been cancelled until Sunday which means no games for anyone this weekend.  While we are anxious to get out on the soccer fields, we are also happy for the extra down time.  We had a nice dinner together and finished all of our homework before I headed out to my monthly Cub Scout meeting.  It was long but productive.  I got home in time to help with bedtime and the final clean up around the house.  Then we settled in to watch a few comedies and headed to bed since we were worn out from getting back to our regular schedule! 

No comments:

Post a Comment