Saturday, April 14, 2018

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for April 15 - April 21)

Last week was super busy with lots of subbing for me and lots of soccer for the boys.  We were all over the place all week.  We did pretty good keeping up with our meal plan until Thursday night when I hit the wall.  Thankfully we had a bunch of leftovers so we just had those for dinner that night.  I'm also behind on all things today so I will not be cooking dinner tonight and we'll either have something simple from around the house (leftovers, pasta, sandwiches, etc) or we'll run out and pick something up.  We'll see how the day plays out.

I have a few carryovers from last week to this week because I didn't make them.  However I did decide to make this Chicken Parm Casserole last week to use up some already cooked chicken.  We had it over spaghetti squash cooked in the instant pot and it was delicious!  This week I am trying to not have to go to the grocery store at all.  I did big stock up trips last week so we have a lot of food in the house.  I'm hoping we have enough fruits and veggies to make it through the week.  If not, I'll run to the store late in the week to restock.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Meatball Subs for the boys, Meatballs and Zoodles for the adults
Monday - Bacon Cheeseburger Skillet with Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Tuesday - Caprese Quiche
Wednesday - Leftovers because we have soccer after school and work
Thursday - Taco Thursday!
Friday - Sausage & Pepper Frittata (with mushrooms instead of onions)
Saturday - We're having dinner with my brother and family.  Not sure if we'll be here or there so I'll figure out dinner later in the week if I have to.  If dinner doesn't happen, we'll just have pasta or grill something.

Water Flavor - Pear.  I have a few that I need to use up so I'll be setting that up tomorrow.

Overnight Oats - I just recently discovered International Delights new yogurts.  I got one for free and used it last week to make Carmel Macchiato oats and they are amazing!  So this week I found them onsale and I'm using my normal recipe with these in place of the Greek yogurt.  We'll have Butter Pecan and Cinnabon this week.  I'm so excited!!

Use It Up - This week is all use it up.  I'm hoping not to shop at all this week.  I'll be using up all of my fruits and veggies for sure.  And I'm hoping to use up a few things in the freezers as well.

Lunches - I'll continue to use up the protein Ranch dressing I made to have salads.  I may also eat some leftovers this week as we really do have a lot.  

No comments:

Post a Comment