Sunday, October 19, 2014

Keeping Up With...Diet & Exercise (Meal Plan & Recap)

So the past few weeks I've had a hard time writing my Wednesday workout recap post because I didn't really have much to say about my workouts.  It's mostly teaching Zumba right now, not a lot else going on.  Then I looked at my stats and those are my posts with the lowest number of reads.  So I'm going to try combining the workout summary into my meal plan post.  It will be a little weird because I do my menu plan over the weekend, then weigh in on Weds, but I'll make it work.

Last week was pretty good.  I kept with my menu plan, used up almost all of the veggies I have in the fridge (haven't had to throw anything out yet, yay!) and stayed under my calorie goal for 5 of the 7 days.  That wasn't my goal but seems to be my trend and it's working for me.  I exercised every day except yesterday which was my rest day.  This week the news probably won't be quite as good since I have eaten all the things this weekend.

Here's the quick recap:
Monday - taught 2 Zumba classes, walked to school once
Tuesday - taught 2 Zumba classes
Wednesday - went on a field trip with my oldest, walked around the farm for 3 1/2 hours
Thursday - both my classes canceled, boo!  So I did a quick 20 min elliptical and 20 min bike workout
Friday - taught 1 Zumba class, walked to school once, walked around a Halloween event for 90 minutes with the kids
Saturday - REST
Sunday - walked around the zoo for 5 hours, just under 4 miles
Weigh in:
10/8 - 216
10/15 - 215
Change - down 1 lb!  Pretty much what I expected for this week, I'm happy!

The plan is more of the same this week, lots of Zumba, a few strength sessions if I can fit them in, walk to school as much as possible and hopefully go swimming one afternoon with the boys.  The menu plan is a lot of leftovers and freezer meals because we are super busy and I'm trying to clean both the fridge and freezer out.

Here's my menu plan:
Monday - Leftovers (volunteering at book fair all day)
Tuesday - Gnocchi with asparagus & chicken (Relish recipe)
Wednesday - Leftovers or a freezer meal
Thursday - Mexican Stuffed Peppers (Relish recipe)
Friday -  Leftovers or a freezer meal (we may do a fall event tonight, if not I may cook the Sun meal this night)
Saturday - Crockpot Chicken Phillies (Halloween activities all day!)
Sunday - Bacon Pierogi Bake (again, Halloween activities all day!)

I also have some broccoli that I need to use up so I think I'm going to make my favorite Broccoli Cranberry Salad for either a side dish or a lunch this week.  I'm super excited about next weekend and all the fun stuff we're doing.  Not excited about all the candy that will be in my house, but I'll have a piece (each day) and that will be enough.  Why does Halloween candy taste better than any other candy??

As always, I'm linking up with Laura at Mommy, Run Fast & Jill at Fitness, Health and Happiness.  Go check them out for some more yummy recipes!


1 comment:

  1. Great job with the pound loss! I'm starting to pay attention to getting the last 5 pounds off from pregnancy. I've been eating everything all the time and am ready to reign it in a bit!

    ReplyDelete