Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Keeping Up With...Workouts (4/16 - 4/22)

Not much new going on in the workout world, so I thought I'd revisit a few of my goals for the year and see how I'm doing.  I didn't officially write out goals for the year, but I had a few in mind so here they are and how it's going 1/3 of the way thru the year.

1.  Teach 5 Zumba classes per week.  Done!  I'm actually up to 7 classes per week.  I won't stay with this schedule for more than the next four months, but Adrian & I think it will work best for us this summer.  After that, if all of the places still want me, I'll make my adjustments and get back to 5...maybe 6.

2.  Do 14 races in 2014.  I started off really strong and did 6 races so far.  However, with my crazy Zumba schedule, I don't know how many more races I'll be able to do.  I dropped out of the CapCity 1/2 because I wasn't able to properly train for it.  And I work Sat and Sun morning so that makes it very rough to get to races.  I'll see how my schedule changes in August and reevaluate from there.

3. Do one fitness calendar challenge each month.  Done!  I finished the Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans calendars for Jan, Feb, March and am going strong in April.  I also joined a friends challenge group and finished March and April with them.  I am really enjoying adding this strength training in, even if it's only a few minutes every day.  I'm feeling and seeing the difference.

4.  Get under 200 lbs.  I hate this goal.  I want to stop caring.  But I can't.  I want to throw my scale threw a wall.  But I won't.  Sigh.

All in all, I think this year is off to a great start.  I suffered a little set back with the whole gym closing thing, but I bounced back pretty well.  Looking forward to what the rest of this year will bring!

Here's how last week looked:
Wednesday, 4/16 - Rest Day
Thursday, 4/17 - Taught a one hour Zumba class
Friday, 4/18 - Taught a one hour Zumba class
Saturday, 4/19 - Taught a one hour Zumba class & walked about 3 miles at the zoo
Sunday, 4/20 - rest day for Easter
Monday, 4/21 - Taught a 45 minute Zumba class
Tuesday, 4/22 - Taught a one hour Zumba class

Weigh in:
4/16 weight - 215
4/23 weight - 217
Change - up 2 lbs

 See number 4 above.  Stupid scale.  Yes, it's the scale's fault, not the Easter candy.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment