Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Keeping Up With...Family (Easter Weekend)

What a fun week and weekend we had celebrating Easter!!

Meeting the Easter Bunny!
The week started with me going in for my monthly time volunteering in AJ's class.  I love going in there and seeing how he behaves and acts in class and around other kids.  I got to help some of the kids who are struggling with math, they love the one on one time.  I didn't get to work with AJ, but I still had fun.  I also went to the book fair with him and bought him two new books.
Selfie of Me & AJ
Then on Wednesday I went into Daniel's class for their Easter party.  Me and one of the other mom's planned a really fun party for the kids.  We started with a yummy snack of rice krispie robin's nests.  Then the kids made bunny masks for their craft.  After that we played a game where the kids did different things to get a plastic egg in a basket, including bunny hop, duck waddle & balance it on a spoon.  We finished up with an Easter story.  The kids all had fun, even Daniel who was in a crappy mood that day. 
Rice Krispie snacks
Daniel's class in bunny masks
Then we all enjoyed a 2 1/2 day weekend.  The boys all had off from school on Friday & Adrian got a half day off from work.  I had to teach Friday morning, so our weekend started around lunch time that day.  We spent most of that day playing outside & enjoying the weather.  And I did a few things around the house to get ready for the weekend.
Daniel & Zak chasing bubbles
Saturday we went to the zoo for their annual Paws & Claws spring event.  It was really crowded, more people that I have seen there in a very long time.  The day started rough with a few meltdowns but we rallied once we started collecting candy.  We walked around about half of the zoo and then decided to call it a day.  We stopped for a special treat on the way out, fried Oreos and funnel cake.
Sunday morning we woke up and saw that the Easter Bunny had visited!  He had hid all 23 eggs we colored plus about 20 plastic eggs with treats in them.  The boys had a blast finding the eggs, even Zak got in on the fun.  Daniel kept saying "I love Easter egg hunts!" and "This Easter Bunny can't fool me!!"  After we finished our hunt, we went over to Carl and Sarah's for another egg hunt and our traditional Easter breakfast.  The boys had a great time finding all the eggs with toys in them.  And Adrian & I enjoyed stuffing ourselves with kielbasa, eggs, farmer cheese, rye bread & meat pie.  And we all lived to tell about it.
Egg Hunt at our house
AJ & Daniel checking out their loot from Uncle Carl & Aunt Sarah
We ended our Sunday with dinner with Adrian's parents, sister, nephew & grandmother.  They just got back from Florida this week so it was fun to see them after not seeing them for like four months.  We had fun catching up, eating too much and drinking some wine.  After that I was so exhausted!  I was kinda wishing that everyone had Monday off instead of Friday.  But now that it's Tuesday we're finding our groove again finally this week.

Hope you all had a fantastic Easter with your loved ones!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment