Monday, April 21, 2014

Keeping Up With...Food (Menu Plan 4/21 - 4/27)

We had a great weekend celebrating Easter with our family this past weekend and today we are suffering from Easter hangover.  :-)  Everyone had off on Friday which was awesome, but I would rather everyone have off today to recover.  Oh well, we have pretty much survived the day so far so I guess it's all good.

I shared my Easter dinner plan last week and everything turned out amazing!  Of course, in all the chaos I forgot to take any pictures.  I did get this one of Zak enjoying the dessert(s).  On his plate is the Strawberry Pretzel Salad.  Mine didn't look as pretty as the picture, but it tasted yummy!
In addition to all the yummy food I made, we also got some of our favorite treats at the zoo on Saturday, fried Oreos (blue for Easter) and funnel cake.  It was a fun treat for the five of us to share...especially when Adrian went to throw out the empty plates and a strong wind came by and blew all the extra powdered sugar all over me and Daniel.  We were covered head to toe!!  More on our fun weekend in tomorrow's post.
YUM!!
On to this week's menu plan.  We have an extremely busy week including all of our normal things, me starting to teach Zumba 7 classes each week, Kindergarten registration (I'm volunteering for our PTO for that) and a baseball game for Adrian & the boys.  Whew, I'm gonna have to be on my game this week!

Monday, 4/21 - Leftovers.  I did NOT feel like cooking after yesterday.
Tuesday, 4/22 - Leftovers again.  We have a ton of stuff left from late last week.  Plus this is the night of the baseball game so they will be snacking there.  I have to teach so Zak and I will miss it.
Wednesday, 4/23 - Slow Cooker Steak Chili - I'm in the school all afternoon, then AJ has hockey.  Need something quick that we can eat in stages.
Thursday, 4/24 - Taco Tortilla Lasagna - this was a holdover from last week.  We decided to do leftovers on Friday since we were having so much fun playing outside with the boys.
Friday, 4/25 - Out for a double date night for Thai food & Captain America!  This is tentative.  If it doesn't happen, we'll have Ham & Potato Casserole to use up the ham leftovers.
Saturday, 4/26 - Buffalo Pork Chops
Sunday, 4/27 Lunch - Ham & Bean Soup to finish up the ham leftovers & use the bone
Sunday, 4/27 Dinner - Pork Loin & Green Beans (Relish recipe)

As always, I'm linking up with Laura at Mommy, Run Fast & Jill at Fitness, Health and Happiness.  Go check them out for some more yummy recipes!  

No comments:

Post a Comment