Monday, January 20, 2014

Menu Plan (1/20 - 1/26)

As I shared over the weekend, we are happily getting back to our routine over here!  Thankfully I've meal planning all along so that as we get busy I have that taken care of.

Last weekend I was overtaken by my hormones & didn't cook on Friday night (Chipotle) or Sunday night (pizza, again).  I bumped one of the recipes to this week (tonight actually) and the other recipe we will not be making, I used the ingredients in other things.  I'm really hoping to stick to our plan this week.  Not only does it help with being organized, but it helps me stay within my daily calorie goal.  This weekend I ate pretty much everything that wasn't nailed down so I'm not really looking forward to weigh in on Wednesday.

I thought I'd share today how I've been cooking zucchini.  Adrian & I both love zucchini and tend to eat a lot of it.  I do it all different ways, but recently it has been really good.  I'm not doing anything amazing, but these specific flavors are just really blending nicely.  I saute 2 tsp olive oil, 1 tsp minced garlic, 2 small/medium zucchini (cut into thin coins), 1 tsp Italian seasoning & 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese.  So easy & so delicious!  We had it with eggplant parmesan last week, yum!
Eggplant Parm & Sauteed Zucchini
Here's what I'm cooking up this week:
Monday, 1/20 Lunch - Smokey Butternut Apple Soup
Monday, 1/20 Dinner - Balsamic Orange Fish (this calls for a specific cod.  I used tilapia & it was awesome!)
Tuesday, 1/21 - Chorizo Chili (Relish recipe)
Wednesday, 1/22 - Belgian Beef Stew over Cauliflower "Rice" (Relish recipe)
Thursday, 1/23 - Million Dollar Casserole (Relish recipe)
Friday, 1/24 - OUT for date night to Basil Thai Restaurant!!  :)

Saturday, 1/25 - My brother, SIL & niece are coming over for dinner so I'm not cooking lunch this day.  We are having turkey as part of my clean out the freezer mission, plus it will yield a lot of leftovers for the week.  I'm doing healthy sides including zucchini boats, balsamic brussels sprouts, spaghetti squash bake and balsamic green beans.
Sunday, 1/26 - Chicken Cordon Blue Back (Relish recipe) - I will sub out turkey for the cooked chicken in this recipe.  I also hope to make this Turkey Noodle Soup at some point on Sunday, but it may have to wait until next week.

I'm linking up with Laura at Mommy, Run Fast & Jill at Fitness, Health and Happiness.  I am loving checking out all the blogs on this link up!

What's on your menu this week??

1 comment:

  1. It all sounds good! We went out to Thai for our date night this past weekend, so yummy... have fun!

    ReplyDelete