Monday, February 18, 2013

1/2 Marathon Training - Week 6

Wow, this week flew by!  We have family visiting for the kids' birthdays, my parents are here from Florida.  I've also been fighting a cold, not sure that I'm winning, so I've been a little fuzzy this week.

I managed to keep up with all my workouts this week, I'm actually really happy about the way the week went.  My long walk should have been 5 this weekend & I had planned to do it on Sat.  But with the cold I decided I should split the miles.  Also in my foggy sick state, I thought I had to do 6 miles, so I did two 3 mile walks.  I'm glad I did, I don't think I could have handled more in this weather with this cold.  The 2 walks were also my fastest walks to date, yeah!  I'm excited to see that I'm getting faster.

I have also kept up with my 2 strength challenges for the month of February.  I've been doing at least one plank every day for the whole month, I'm up to 1:15 for my longest prone plank.  And I've done ab reps everyday, I'm up to 140 each day & will go up to 160 for the last week of the month.  I'm definitely feeling & seeing a difference.  Need to keep up the core work after this month!

Here are the workouts I did this week:
Monday, 2/11 - 50 minute TBC class, 10 minutes on bike, 50 minute yoga class
Tuesday, 2/12 - rest day
Wednesday, 2/13 - 60 minute Zumba class, 50 minute yoga class
Thursday, 2/14 - 50 minute Kick boxing class, 15 minutes on bike, 15 minutes on elliptical
Friday, 2/15 - 60 minute Zumba class, 15 minutes on bike, 10 minutes on elliptical
Saturday, 2/16 - 3 mile walk in my neighborhood
Sunday, 2/17 - 3 mile walk in my neighborhood

No comments:

Post a Comment