Sunday, December 2, 2012

Thankful Thursday - Girlfriends

Wow, maybe I should let the kids take over this series, at least they got their post up on time.  ;)

I have had this post in my head for a while and Thursday I was reminded even more why I am so thankful for my girlfriends.  A little background for those who may not know me that well...I grew up in New Jersey, moved around quite a bit for like 10 years & finally settled in Ohio when Adrian & I got engaged (that's the very summarized story, maybe someday I'll blog a longer version).  When we moved here I knew no one.  Adrian grew up here & it felt like he knew everyone.  I was glad we weren't totally starting over, but I was also adamant that I really wanted to make my own friends.  Now more than 7 years later, I am SO thankful for all the women I have met who have become dear friends.

I have Mommy friends, friends from work, friends from church, friends from AJ's school friends, friends who are in a book club with me, friends who retreat twice a year with me, friends who scrapbook with me (even though I don't scrapbook), friends who laugh with me, friends who cry with me, friends who buy my Bon Jovi ticket for me so I can still go to the gym, friends who exercise with me, friends who keep me on track with my diet, friends who allow me to cheat on my diet, etc...

I could go on & on.  I hope you are all reading this & I hope you all know how important you are to me.  I have some great friends who I still keep in touch with from growing up & I'm thankful for them as well!  I am a truly blessed & loved lady & I love you all right back!

No comments:

Post a Comment