Monday, December 3, 2012

Monthly AJ Update

AJ got his interim report on Friday...I can't believe we're already 1/2 way through the 2nd quarter of the school year!  This year is flying!  He did really well & is meeting expectations or progressing in all areas.  His strengths are recognizing his letters, writing his letters, counting to 100(!) & identifying letter sounds.  He needs improvement on writing his numbers & sight words.

I continue to be amazed by how quickly he is learning.  He wrote out his list for Santa this year, copying the words from the wish books.  He can also read lots of short books & help us read the longer ones.  His speech is improving & he has finally made a friend in his class!  He also has been very cute with Zachary recently, trying to help me take care of him.  I am such a proud Mommy!!

Finally, an update on his busing situation...soon after I posted about it changing, it changed again.  His bus had another kid stop riding so now the bus comes a different direction which means AJ has to cross the street to get on it.  This has been a big change for him and for me.  I now have to walk him down the driveway & help him cross.  The good thing is this means I am up & dressed to my shoes early every morning.

And just as we're getting used to this, we have another change coming this week.  Since our levy didn't pass, our high school lost busing.  This means all the other routes will be earlier.  Now AJ will be picked up 10 minutes earlier each morning.  This is going to be a problem on Tues/Thurs when I have to drop Daniel off.  We will be getting back right around the same time as the bus is scheduled to pick AJ up.  Not sure how this is going to work.  I have a feeling I'll be doing express drop offs soon...and that line is super long every morning!  I really want no parts of it, that's why we do the bus in the first place!  We will see how this plays out...

No comments:

Post a Comment