Sunday, December 23, 2012

Thankful Thursday - Christmas Break

I am excited & thankful  for Christmas break for more than one reason. 

First off, after the tragedy in CT & the fact that AJ's school was broken into the same night, I'm just thankful to have my babies under my care for the 2 weeks.  My mind knows that they are safe at school,  but my Mommy heart seems to have different thoughts.

Second, school is hard.  Between being the bus, getting homework done, volunteering, etc.  It's exhausting.  I'm thankful that we can sleep as late as we want, don't have to leave the house if we don't want to & don't have any place that we "have to" be for the next 2 weeks.  I do love our routine & will probably be thankful to be back to it in 2 weeks, but for now I'm going to embrace the chaos.  I'm also thankful that Adrian gets some time off & we can spend some time as a family.

Finally, I'm thankful that Christmas break means Christmas time!  I'm SO excited to give the boys their gifts this year.  They are going to be so excited.  I'm thankful to have time with my family, I'm hosting both Christmas Eve & Christmas Day.

Hope you all enjoy your Christmas break as much as we plan to!  And if you want to get together during these 2 weeks off, let me know.  When I asked AJ what he wanted to do he said "play with friends."


No comments:

Post a Comment