Sunday, April 19, 2020

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 4/10 - 4/16)

Friday (4/10) - Day 28 of "Corona break." After a great night of sleep, I felt so much better today.  It's been a rough few days with lots of saddness but I'm determined to pull thru and make this a great weekend!  I started today with an awesome Zumba class with a Zumba instructor in Brussels.  He is awesome and if I ever make it to convention I'm doing at least one of his sessions.  I had so much fun dancing with him and learning from him.  After class, Adrian and I spent most of the day getting some work done around the house so we can have a fun weekend together.
Late in the afternoon, we called the boys down and played Zak's board game choice for the weekend "Forbidden Island."  We lost the first game we played and decided to play again immediately and we just barely won that one!  Then we all had dinner together and then started getting ready for Easter.  We baked two more crumble cakes and the colored our eggs.  The boys had a great time coloring them and making them different colors.  After we cleaned up from that, we settled in for family movie night and watched Zak's pick "Avengers: Age of Ultron."  Adrian fell asleep and missed pretty much the whole movie.  When the movie was over, I got the boys to bed and then came back downstairs and watched the first episode of season 2 of "Big Little Lies."  I didn't know about it but I have HBO Go for free right now so I'm trying to watch the whole season while I can!  I wanted to watch more but I was so tired so I had to go to bed.
Saturday (4/11) - Day 29 of "Corona break." I got up early and got ready to teach my Zumba class this morning.  I decided to sleep in a little and not go to the church for class this morning.  It went really well, except for stepping on Rocky during one song.  But we all got a great workout and had fun dancing together.  When class was over, I jumped on to my parents' church's Facebook page to have my food blessed for breakfast tomorrow.  Then I started working on baking the bobka for tomorrow morning too.  The rest of the day we relaxed, did a few things around the house, played video games and Uno.  I ran out in the afternoon to pick up my order from Kroger and was happy that I got everything I ordered!  I also got gas for the car for the first time in a month, this is so crazy!!

When I got home, the boys finished up a few things for school from the week and then we played a family game of "Fury of Dracula."  This is one of AJ's favorite games, but Daniel, Zak and I are not fans at all.  But we agreed to play one game that each of us picked this weekend so we made the best of it.  After playing for 3 hours, and still not being done, the three of us quit so Adrian & AJ finished up the game.  We all had random leftovers and frozen apps for dinner and then the boys went upstairs to play video games while Adrian & I watched the finale of "Modern Family" from this week and did a little more prep for Easter tomorrow.  The boys wanted to stay up late tonight, so we let them stay up until midnight playing video games.  When they finally went to sleep we hid the eggs for tomorrow and headed to bed.
Sunday (4/12) - Day 30 of "Corona break."  Happy Easter!!  The boys were of course up early and ready to go this morning.  We enjoyed some of the candy buffet and then the boys did their egg hunt.  They found all of the eggs, but it took them a while.  After the egg hunt, we had our traditional breakfast of kielbasa, rye bread with farmer cheese, hard boiled eggs, bobka and crumb cake (new addition this year!)  Then the boys wanted to do a special event on their video game so they went upstairs to do that and Adrian and I started watching our church service from home.
After they beat their event, the boys came down and we played family board games for the rest of the day.  We played Daniel's pick of "Castle Panic" and we won, but just barely.  Then we played Adrian's pick of "Qwerkle" and he won and my pick of "Sushi Go" and I won.  In between games we video chatted with my parents, brothers and all of my nieces and nephews.  We cooked a delicious dinner of ham, risotto, broccoli casserole and bread.  After dinner, we finished up a few chores and homework assignments for the weekend and then the boys had a little bit of video game time while Adrian and I plyed "Castles of Burgundy" and he won this time.  When we finished the game, we finished cleaning up the kitchen from dinner then had the boys come down.  We watched the second episode of "Stranger Things" as a family and then we put the boys to bed.  Then Adrian and I came downstairs and watched two episodes of "Man with a Plan" before heading to bed as well.  This was definitely not the Easter we were planning, but I think we made the best of it!
Monday (4/13) - Day 31 of "Corona break." We got a late start today because everyone wanted to sleep in a little.  I had to wake AJ up for his virtual speech therapy meeting at 10am.  Once we finally got up and moving, we were back to our normal routine of Adrian working in our room and the boys doing school around the house while I supervise.  They did a good job of getting their work done for the day and even set up a race track in the hallway for some indoor recess.  After we finished school, I gave them free time and I started getting dinner ready.  I made homemade noodles for chicken and noodles for the first time.  It was time consuming as I expected, but not nearly as hard as I thought it would be.  And the end result was delicious so I may be doing it more often.  After dinner, I headed to the church to teach my Zoom Zumba class while Adrian stayed here with the boys and got AJ set up for his weekly Zoom Scout meeting.  When we were all done with our night stuff, we watched the new "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?" as a family and then got the boys down for the night.  Then Adrian and I watched two episodes of "Young Sheldon" and then headed to bed as well.

Tuesday (4/14) - Day 32 of "Corona break." We all slept in a little today and it was wonderful!  When we got up and moving, the boys did a great job with their school work!!  All three of them did everything they needed to do with minimal help from me and were done before 2:00pm.  We spent a little bit of time working on cleaning Daniel's room and then they were released to have some free time while I headed downstairs for a Zumba class with two ZJs in Brazil.  I had so much fun dancing with them and did a ton of rhythms I don't normally do which felt awesome.  After class I had some time to myself so I decided to read a big chunk of my book and watch another episode of "Big Little Lies."  It was a super relaxing afternoon!!  After resting, I made dinner for everyone and then got Zak ready for his Zoom class meeting.  He loved seeing all of his friends, as did I!  We finished up our night with another family movie night watching Daniel's pick of "Ant Man" on our way thru rewatching the Avengers movies.  When the movie was over, I got the boys to bed and since Adrian was already sleeping, I finished my book and then headed to bed as well.  It was a really great stay at home day, I could get used to days like this!!

Wednesday (4/15) - Day 33 of "Corona break." Another great night of sleep for all of us, the boys slept in and Adrian and I were able to get up and get a few things done before they got up.  He showered and then dropped Rocky off at daycare in the morning before heading to work for the day.  I also showered, watched another episode of "Big Little Lies" and did a Zumba mini jam before anyone else got up.  It was nice to ease into our day.  When the kids got up and moving, they got ready for the day and started their school work.  Once again, they all stayed really focused and got their work done early in the afternoon.  Zak had his virtual speech appointment this afternoon so he did that while the boys stayed occupied upstairs.

After school and chores were done for the day, the boys had some video game time and I took a Zumba Step class online from my friend.  It was so much fun to try a new format, I really enjoyed it!!  After that, I headed out to pick up dinner and Rocky.  I had a free pizza from Marco's so we ordered each kid a small pizza from there.  Adrian and I were going to eat pizza too but then we saw there was a food truck in the area tonight so we ordered street tacos from there instead and they were delicious!  After we had our take out dinner together, I headed to the church to work for an hour while Adrian had his Zoom Bible study.  When we were all done with that, we watched the season finale of "Lego Masters" together as a family.  We loved all 3 of the final builds and were happy to see the couple win.  We're also excited to hear there is a Lego Land coming to NY next year, we may go check that out!  After the show, we put the boys to bed then came back down to watch "Survivor."  It was family visit night and it was SO sweet this season, they let everyone's kids come and everyone got to visit with family.  We really enjoyed this episode and weren't too upset to see Tyson be voted out again, he's not one of our favorites.

Thursday (4/16) - Day 34 of "Corona break." We all slept in a little this morning after a late night last night.  I missed my morning Zumba livestream so I just started with a relaxing morning instead.  When the boys got up and ready we started on their school work for the day.  They were super focused today and finished everything up before 2pm which is great!  I think we have finally found our groove with all of this school at home stuff.  I got a ton done around the house and made a big pot of soup from our leftover ham tonight.  It was a pretty normal and non-eventful day around here.  I taught my Zumba class over Zoom tonight and had a big group who all had a lot of fun.  When I got home, we finished cleaning up from dinner and then watched another episode of "Stranger Things."  We are all loving that show!  When it was over, we got the boys to bed and then came down and watched "The Goldburgs" from this week before we also headed to bed for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment