Saturday, April 4, 2020

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 3/27 - 4/2)

Friday (3/27) - Day 14 of "Corona break" and Happy Birthday to me!!!  It was obviously not the birthday I was planning just a few weeks ago, but we tried to do the best we could.  It started with some texts, Facebook messages and a video chat with some great friends over coffee and brownies for breakfast.  I was also able to kick everyone out of the living room and do a Zumba class with an awesome instructor from Zumba home office.  I had so much fun dancing with Loretta and smiled the whole time!!  Adrian worked for most of the day but thankfully finished up around 4pm so we could celebrate my birthday.

We spent the evening by opening my presents, Golden Girls games and a blanket, then enjoying homemade pizza and Oreo ice cream cake.  We played two board games, Avengers Infinity War (we won!) and Star Trek Roll for the Galaxy (we won again!)  The boys wanted some time alone to play video games so I caught up on some Facebook messages and texts.  One of the best surprises of the birthday was Sarah organizing a book with all of my family members answering different questions about me.  She read it to me on a video chat this afternoon since we aren't able to get together right now.  It was a weird day for me and while I appreciate what everyone did, I was still a little bummed not to be able to leave the house or do what I wanted.  But I'm grateful to see another year and to be happy, healthy and loved by so many amazing family members and friends.
Saturday (3/28) - Day 15 of "Corona break."  Following what we've done the past two weekends, one day of the weekend will be for fun and one will be for work.  Today was our fun day!  We all slept in for a bit and then had a relaxing morning of TV and coffee.  When the boys headed upstairs for some video game time, Adrian and I played all of my new Golden Girls games.  We played each of the Funkoverse games and I won one and he won the other.  Then we played Golden Girls Monopoly and had fun laughing at the themed places and cards while I won in a landslide!

We spent the rest of the day alternating between watching TV and playing board games.  We watched some of our comedies that we are behind on as well as another episode of "The Good Doctor."  We played Takenoko (I won!) and Wingspan (I did not win) and went on a long walk with Rocky.  We all ate leftovers during the day so I didn't have to cook and we could empty the fridge out a little bit.  The boys did not want to play with us at all so we let them hang out upstairs playing for the whole day.  Adrian and I finished up the night by starting to watch what everyone else in the country is talking about, "Tiger King" the documentary on Netflix.  It is a super crazy story already and we're only on episode two!!

Sunday (3/29) - Day 16 of "Corona break." Everyone else slept in and I was the first one up for the first time in a really long time.  I stayed upstairs playing on my tablet for a while so I didn't distrub anyone and then when the boys got up, we finally headed downstairs.  Since yesterday was a fun day, today was a work day for us.  We significantly restricted the boys' video game time today and will be doing so for the next week at least.  They spent a ton of time outside playing on the trampoline & helping Adrian cut the front lawn.  We got a ton of stuff done around the house today and feel ready to go into our second week of school from home.

After a day full of work, we sat down to have dinner together as a family and enjoyed Adrian's pick of hot dogs, burgers and french fries.  Then we finished up a few chores and took Rocky on a very long walk.  I messed up & forgot to make Adrian's dessert choice of cheesecake so we just enjoyed another make your own sundae bar tonight.  We watched the second episode of "The Mandelorian" tonight as a family and we are all really getting into it!!  After that, we got the boys to bed and came down and watched the third episode of "Tiger King."  That's just getting crazier by the episode!  Then we decided to head to bed to get some rest for another busy week of work and school from home.

Monday (3/30) - Day 17 of "Corona break." We got up and moving fairly early (well early for us these days) today.  We are starting a new schedule here for this week where we do schoolwork from 10am until 3pm each day and then the boys are released to play video games or do whatever they want for the rest of the day.  I had a meeting at church this morning to get all set up for teaching Zumba classes virtually for the next month or so while we continue to stay home due to the Corona virus.  After the meeting at church, we got started on school and the boys did an excellent job of doing what was done today as well as working on some of their on-going projects.  Daniel also had a Zoom meeting with his homeroom and was thrilled to see his friends and teacher again.

When school was over for the day, we cleaned the kitchen for about half an hour and then the boys were released for the rest of the day.  They headed upstairs to play video games while I got dinner ready for all of us.  After we all had dinner together, I headed to church to teach my first ever virtual Zumba class.  It was SO much fun!!  There were some technical glitches but I think we got them worked out for our next class.  Everyone said it was great to dance together again and we also realized that even badly streamed Zumba is better than no Zumba at all.  I'm so glad I took this leap to try teaching in this new way for right now!!
When I got home, AJ was on a Zoom video meeting for his weekly Scout meeting.  They practiced tying knots and talked a little about what they are doing for summer camp this summer.  While none of this is what we want to do, I'm thankful we have options to still keep things close to normal for all of us.  When his meeting was over, we cleaned up a little then watched the 3rd episode of "The Mandalorian" as a family.  AJ, Adrian and I are loving this series, but the other boys don't really like it.  We're going to figure out a way for the three of us to watch it anyway.  When the show was over, we got the boys down to bed and then came down and watched another episode of "Tiger King."  That is really like a train wreck, I can't look away but it is so ridiculous!!  After that, we headed to bed too in hopes of getting up and moving again a little earlier tomorrow.  That worked out really well for us today!

Tuesday (3/31) - Day 18 of "Corona break." We did not get up and moving as early this morning.  I had my alarm set but I accidentally turned it off instead of snoozing it and slept for another 90 minutes.  I guess I needed the rest!!  When we did get up and moving it was a pretty full day.  We started school around 10 again today and the boys did a great job of staying focused on their tasks for the day and working on their weekly stuff.  Zak's teacher put some stuff up today so thankfully he has more to do while the other boys are working.  They also spent almost an hour outside for gym class playing in the trampoline and playing fetch with Rocky.  She is getting spoiled and will not know what happened when we all leave for school and work again, whenever that is.

I had a rough day, I think the stress of everything just came crashing down on me today.  But thankfully the boys did a great job on their own of staying on task and we got thru our school work.  They headed upstairs for some video game time and I took some time for myself and took my friends barre class in my living room which helped my mood a little.  Then I got dinner ready and we all ate together.  After dinner the boys had free time for video games again but they chose to play a game of Uno together.  It was one of those games that goes on forever because everyone has to keep picking cards and they were laughing and playing together for over an hour while Adrian and I cleaned up from dinner and I put away laundry.  We finally had to call the game a tie so we could move on with our night.
We had family movie night tonight and watched AJ's pick of "Guardians of the Galaxy" as we continue to rewatch all of the Avengers movies.  This is by far one of my favories in this series and I was glad to have the laughs tonight.  I also used the time to catch up on some emails since I've seen the movie twice already and know what happens (and when to watch the really good parts!)  When the movie was over, we got the boys to bed and unfortunately Adrian to work for a bit.  So I continued watching "Little Fires Everywhere" which I am loving on Hulu!!  I finished the second episode tonight and hope to watch the third tomorrow before the next one comes out.  I stayed up later than I planned, but I'm still hoping to be up and moving earlier tomorrow morning.

Wednesday (4/1) - Day 19 of "Corona break." Wednesdays are currently our busiest day of the week, we have a lot going on each week!  The day started early since we had to get Rocky dropped off at daycare this morning.  Adrian dropped her off today because he also had to go and pick up a book for his Bible study that starts tonight.  While he was out doing that, I did a Zumba mini-jam and learned one song with an awesome jammer while in my pajamas on my couch.  I'm so thankful to Zumba for still providing us with free learning opportunities!!

When my jam was over, I got the boys ready for their day and started on school work.  Daniel had another Zoom meeting this morning and Zak also had a Zoom speech therapy session with the other student he does speech with in school.  It was a long day of school work but we got thru it.  When we were finished with school work, I headed out to run a few errands including picking up and dropping off prescriptions, grabbing a few essentials from Aldi and dropping off my friend's fan so she's ready to Zumba with me tomorrow night.  I also picked up Rocky while I was out, she had another great day at doggy daycare.
I dropped Rocky off at home, grabbed some snacks and headed to the church to work for about an hour while our worship band practiced.  I look forward to this hour every week now, I get to talk to other adults in person, get a little bit of quiet and can focus on whatever I need to do for about an hour.  When my shift ended, I delivered a few Secret Sister gifts that were at the church and then headed home for the night.  Unfortunately Lego Masters wasn't on tonight so we didn't have our normal Wednesday night.  The boys opted for extra video game time so Adrian and I started "Survivor" early so we could head to bed at a decent hour.  It was another typical night in quarantine for us and we all got to bed a little early so we're ready to do it again tomorrow.

Thursday (4/2) - Day 20 of "Corona break." We slept in a little today and it felt great!  Once we were up and moving, I jumped on a Zoom call with some ladies from church to catch up over coffee and pray together.  It was great to see so many smiling faces this morning!  When the call was over, the boys started school for the day.  They did a pretty good job staying on task and getting everything done, but Daniel continues to struggle with school from home.  He misses his friends, his teachers and his routine - and I'm right there with him!  When we were done with school for the day, I gave the boys some free time while I finished up a few things and got dinner together.

After we had dinner, I headed out to the church to teach my second Zoom Zumba class of the week.  I had another big crowd & we had fun dancing together, despite some sound issues on my end.  I appreciate my students' support and grace while I learn this new to me technology!  When I came home from class, we finished our night by all spending 30 minutes cleaning the kitchen and bathroom downstairs, both of which need a lot of work!  This was just the first pass at both areas.  Then the boys decided they wanted extra video game time instead of a family TV show or movie so they did that while Adrian and I did a few things around the house.  Then he fell asleep on the couch so I got caught up on my Bravo shows from the week before I also headed to bed.  Pretty productive Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment