Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for April 19 - April 25)

I am late getting this post up this week because I almost didn't write it.  We did a great job sticking to our meal plan from last week and made everything that we planned.  However between me cooking just about every night and Adrian not taking leftovers for lunch since he's working from home, we had a TON of leftovers going into this week.  On Sunday, Adrian and I cleaned out the refridgerator and made a plan to use up everything this week.  I thought that was a boring meal plan, especially since two of the days were just "leftovers."

But then I start to look for things to make with our leftover ham and I found some fun things to make.  And we also have 2 dozen hard boiled eggs from Easter morning that I found some fun and easy things to make.  So I figured I'd share my plan for this week in case anyone out there is also trying to use up their Easter leftovers this week and looking for creative ways to do that.  I'm also hitting the grocery stores this week, went to Aldi yesterday, will go to Meijer tonight and then I have a Kroger order ready to pick up on Saturday.  This should last us until early May and then we will reevaluate where we are.  The boys are not going back to school in person this year, and I will not be going back to subbing either.  I'm waiting to see what the final decisions for gym classes is, but I'm not planning on starting to teach until mid/end of May when I feel a little safer.

Here is what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Leftovers
Monday - Leftovers
Tuesday - Tacos for the kids and Pork and Potato Bowls for the adults to use up the rest of our salsa pork, black beans and leftover corn from when we made these last week
Wednesday - Ham and Noodle Casserole and Brussels Sprouts Caesar Salad to use up some ham, open bag of noodles and Brussels Sprouts (note - I'm not making anything homemade for the salad, I have croutons, bacon bits & Caesar salad that I'll be using)
Thursday - Gnocchi for the kids and Pesto Egg Salad Sandwiches and Air Fried Pickles for the adults to use up an open jar of Alfredo, hard boiled eggs, and an open jar of pickles
Friday - Ham and Bean Soup and Air Fried Zucchini to use up more ham and 2 zucchini
Saturday - Fully Loaded Deviled Eggs and Air Fried Buffalo Cauliflower to use up more hard boiled eggs and a head of cauliflower

Other than that, we are just trying to eat what we already have in the house.  We have a ton of goodies (bobka, crumb cake, pumpkin bars, cookies) left over from Easter.  I also have a carton of orange juice so I'm using that in smoothies most days this week along with some frozen fruit that we have.  I'm having rye bread and farmer cheese every morning for breakfast to use up the farmer cheese before it goes bad.  And I have another apple flavored water pitcher going this week to use up an apple that was starting to turn but worked fine in the water.  We have really become resourceful while staying safely at home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment