Monday, April 13, 2020

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for April 12 - April 18)

I'm getting my meal plan up two weeks in a row, yay!!  I did pretty good sticking with my plan for last week except for Friday night.  Adrian and the boys had Friday "off" from work and school so we ended up having a fun and relaxing family day.  I didn't feel like cooking a big meal that night so we just had leftovers that day too.  We had plenty of food in the fridge and a few apps in the freezer so we did that for both Friday and Saturday night last week.

This week is all about using up the Easter leftovers.  I am a day late getting this plan up since I unplugged yesterday (Easter Sunday) and enjoyed celebrating with my family.  We had a huge breakfast and dinner yesterday so there is leftovers from both of those meals.  I also did a huge grocery shopping last week to try to stock us up for the next few weeks.  I'm not planning on going shopping at all this week or next so I'll just be using what we have here.  I'm hoping the "stay at home" order is lifted soon, but I will say I am having fun cooking more and all of us eating dinner together most nights during this time.  It's definitely been a silver lining for me.

Here's what we're eating this week as well as some pictures from our Easter feasts.
Sunday breakfast (Easter) - Kielbasa, hard boiled eggs, rye bread with farmer cheese, crumb cake and homemade bobka
Sunday dinner (Easter) - Ham, parmesan risotto, broccoli casserole and bread
Monday - Chicken and Noodles (carry over from last week) - I have to make this tonight because I already have the broth made and the chicken defrosted.  This will be the only big meal I cook all week.
Tuesday - Ham Quesadillas for the Adults and Tacos for the kids
Wednesday - Egg Salad Sandwiches and Salad
Thursday - Ham and Bean Soup using leftover ham from Sunday and the stock I made from the ham bone
Friday - Marco's Pizza - I have a free pizza from my birthday so we will pick up dinner for everyone tonight and I will take a night off from cooking!
Saturday - Leftovers - We will be back to one day of fun and one day of work this weekend and this will be our fun day.  I prefer not to have to cook on these days so I can really just focus on having fun with the family!
 Candy buffet from the Easter Bunny
Traditional Easter breakfast
Homemade Bobka
 Slow cooked Easter ham
Brocolli Casserole
Blackberry Sangria

No comments:

Post a Comment