Sunday, April 26, 2020

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 4/17 - 4/23)

Friday (4/17) - Day 35 of "Corona break."  We got up and moving pretty early this morning because we had a few appointments.  Adrian has been coughing for the past 6 weeks so after a few video conferences, he finally went in for some testing today to see if his doctor can figure out what is going on.  I got up and got the boys and myself ready and then we started school for the day.  We worked quickly today because we wanted to be done by 2pm since all 3 boys had pediatrician appointments this afternoon.  AJ and Zak had their 3 month med check and Daniel and Zak had their annual well check.  Everyone is doing great and everything looks good.  The doctor told us to just keep doing what we're doing.  Daniel got 2 shots today and said they didn't hurt at all!
After we finished at the doctor, we came home.  Daniel had a little bit of homework to finish up and we also had to do our daily cleaning.  When all of that was done, I released the boys to play video games and I did some work around the house and chatted with my Mom for a bit.  When Adrian finished working, he came down and we had dinner together and then hung out relaxing.  We were going to do a family movie night but no one was interested in that so we watched another episode of "Stranger Things" together and then the boys headed to bed.  We came down and finished cleaning up a bit and then watched a few comedies before heading to bed too.  It felt like it was an exhausting day, probably because we all left the house for only the second time in these 35 days!!

Saturday (4/18) - Day 36 of "Corona break."  It's another family fun day for us today!  We're back to having one day each weekend that is all fun and one day that is all work.  Today started early for me since I taught a Zumba class on Zoom this morning.  I had a great time dancing with a fun group of ladies and then did one of my friend's Zumba Toning classes online.  When I got home, I was hungry and tired!  After a shower and some food, Adrian and I started playing board games.  We alternated between playing games and watching TV shows for pretty much the whole day.  We played Takenoko (Adrian won), Reef (Adrian won) and Wingspan (I finally won!)  We also played our April games for our two Legacy games, Pandemic Legacy: Season 2 (we won, barely) and Machi Koro Legacy (I won).  The boys spent most of the day playing video games and Adrian took a break from hanging with me to play some Tower Defense with them while I played around on Facebook and Candy Crush.  We watched all of our comedies from the past week, caught up on two episodes of "Young Sheldon" and saw the last episode of "Tiger King."  All in all it was a fantastic and fun Saturday!

Sunday (4/19) - Day 37 of "Corona break." Today is our family work day.  We slept in a little and then got started on our stuff around the house.  We got a ton of stuff done today including finishing up a few small things for school, cleaning Daniel's room and catching up on laundry.  We also gave the boys haircuts because it was so long and I couldn't look at it anymore.  Adrian did a great job cutting and styling their hair, it will look awesome for the next month while we wait for salons to open back up.  The house is looking great and my ever existant "to do" list is actually getting smaller finally.  Adrian and I also cleaned and organized the fridge so we know exactly what's in there and what we have to eat first.  I made a plan to use up all of our leftovers so it should be an easy week of cooking for me.  We finished the night with make your own sundaes and another episode of "Stranger Things."  Then we put the boys to bed and Adrian and I finished up a few small things then watched a few comedies and headed to bed too.  We're ready for another great week of sheltering at home!
Monday (4/20) - Day 38 of "Corona break." Back to our new normal routine today.  We slept in a little and then got up and moving.  The boys did a great job with school and we were done with everything we need to do for school by 2:00.  We spent some time working on organizing our last room left in the house, the play room.  Then they had free time while I took a Zumba class with two trainers from Florida and then finished a few things I needed to do to be ready for this week.  We also found out this afternoon that the boys will not be returning to school this school year.  We all knew this was coming, but it was upsetting to hear it officially.  After a dinner of leftovers, I headed to the church to teach my Zumba class over Zoom.  We had a fun class and I was exhausted when I came home after two classes today!  Adrian and I cleaned up from dinner and then we watched the next episode of "Stranger Things" with the boys before we got them down to bed for the night.  Then we watched two comedies and headed to bed too.  It was a pretty routine day over here and what most of our days will look like for the next 5 weeks.
Tuesday (4/21) - Day 39 of "Corona break." It was another pretty normal day for us, well at least what normal is for now.  We slept in a little and then Adrian started working in our room and I did a Zumba class that my friend recorded.  When I was done with class, I got the boys started on school work for the day.  They did another great job of staying focused and finished fairly early.  When they were done, they played video games and I ran out to Aldi to pick up a few things, especially more produce because that's what we're running out of.  When I got home, we made tacos for dinner for everyone and then had family movie night watching "Smallfoot."  It was super cute and we all really enjoyed it!!  When the movie was over, we got the boys to bed, watched a comedy from our DVR and then headed to bed too. 
Wednesday (4/22) - Day 40 of "Corona break." We have made it 40 days of basically staying home all the time!  This week feels really hard, not sure if it's because it's been so long, or knowing this isn't going to change for the next few weeks or what is going on.  Anyway, Wednesdays continue to be our busiest days of the week around here.  We got up early and Adrian dropped Rocky off at daycare while I took my first Zumba mini jam of the day.  When that was over, I got the boys started on school for the day.  They did a great job staying focused and were all finished early in the afternoon again.  Zak also had his second class Zoom call this afternoon and he loved seeing his teacher and all of his classmates!!

I tried to take a Zumba class with Beto, the creater of Zumba, this afternoon but it just didn't work out.  There was too much going on at that time, including FedEx delivering our new laptop that we bought earlier this week since Daniel's isn't holding a charge anymore.  I did a few songs with Beto and then just gave up on dancing with him.  We finished up school and Zak had his second Zoom call of the day, this one for speech therapy.  Then the boys headed upstairs for some free time and I recorded my first ever Zumba class on the new ZIN Studio.  I'm thankful that I can now record classes and make them available to my students whenever they have the time to do them.  I also got a few things done around the house and then started on dinner.  I did my second mini jam of the day while finishing up making dinner.  I loved the choreo from both jams and can't wait to use it!
Thankfully Adrian finished working early today and was able to go pick up Rocky from daycare.  She had a great day there as always!!  When they got home, we had dinner together and then I headed to church to work for about an hour while Adrian fed the boys and got ready for his Bible study.  After work, I went to a friend's house to pick up a friendship bread start and then to Meijer to grab a few things we needed.  When I got home and Adrian's group was done, we put away the groceries, cleaned up from dinner and then we watched the last 2 episodes of season 1 of "Stranger Things." It was SO good and we can not wait to start watching season 2!  It was later than we normally stay up, but it was well worth it to finish the season.  We got the boys down to bed and then watched this week's "Survivor" and headed to bed too.  It was a fun night at home!!
Thursday (4/23) - Day 41 of "Corona break." We all slept in a little this morning after staying up late last night.  We got up and got started on our school work pretty quickly because everyone wanted to finish up early.  Everyone did great and we got everything done, including Daniel's art assignment.  He needed to use items in the kitchen to create a picture.  He used iced tea and blue food coloring to make a beach scene and did a great job!  After school, we did another big chunk of work in the toy room and we're nearly done cleaning out the whole house.  When we finished with that, I got started on dinner while the boys had some free time.
After dinner, I headed to the church to teach my first Zoom Zumba Toning class.  It started a little rough because I got to the church and realized I brought the laptop without a camera so I had to run back to switch it out!  Then I kept messing up my choreo for the first few songs, probably because my adrenaline was already pumping after running back and forth from the house.  It evened out finally and ended up being a great class!  While I was there, Adrian fed the kids dinner and worked a little overtime.  Then when I got home, we cleaned up from dinner and then decided to watch an episode of "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" as a family instead of starting the next season of "Stranger Things."  When that was over, we got the boys to bed and watched two comedies from the week before we also headed to bed for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment