Thursday, April 16, 2020

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 1/17 - 1/23)

Friday (1/17) My fever spiked back up last night so I called out of work before heading to bed.  I slept in again while Adrian got the boys up and out for school this morning.  He was excited to hear that since it's pizza day AJ and Daniel both buy so he only needed to pack one lunch.  He got everyone off to where they needed to be and then headed into work for the day.  I slept in until about 9:30 and then moved to the couch to hang out with Rocky for the day.  We watched TV, slept, read and rested.  The day passed quickly and before long it was time for the boys to get home from school.  AJ and Daniel took the bus home and Rocky was super excited to see them when they got home.  They took care of her and then Daniel and I went to pick up Zak from school.

After we got Zak, the three of us headed to Target to get birthday gifts for the two parties we have this weekend.  They did a great job of picking toys for their friends and also picked something for their cousin whose birthday is in February.  After our quick trip to Target, we headed home and I rested for a bit while Daniel packed for his sleepover.  I dropped him off at his friend Patrick's house for a birthday sleepover party around dinner time.  Then I came home and relaxed at home until Adrian got home.  He brought us Jersey Mike's for dinner and it really hit the spot!!  After eating and doing a few small things around the house, I was really knocked out.  I headed to bed early to try to get some rest before a very busy weekend around here.  Adrian got the boys down to bed and got some stuff done around here before he headed to bed too.  He's been great during all of this and I'm thankful for all he is doing to help out around the house!
Saturday (1/18) We were up and moving on an icy, rainy, cold Saturday morning way earlier than any of us would have liked to be.  But we all had things to do so we needed to get moving and we did.  Adrian left early to go and pick up Daniel from Patrick's house and bring him downtown for his first art class of this session.  He is taking a digital art class at CCAD, the local art college, for the next 10 weeks and is so excited about it.  While they were there, I got Zak ready and drove him to his bowling league.  He bowled two great games, including getting a 107 in his second game.  After all of that, we met back at home to grab lunch and get ready for our busy afternoon.
After a quick lunch at home, Adrian headed out with AJ to his basketball game.  He had an "away" game at a different church so they headed there for the afternoon.  AJ had fun and played well but unfortunately his team lost again this week.  While they were there, I took Zak and Daniel to Zak's friend Hailey's birthday party.  It was at the new Get Air in Pickerington and the boys had a blast!!  They loved jumping, especially Zak since a bunch of his friends were there.  They also enjoyed pizza and exploding cupcakes at the party.  I enjoyed catching up with some old friends and meeting a few new ones.  It was a great party and we all headed home exhausted when it was over.
When we all got home, we were pretty worn out.  We rested up and also got a few things done around the house.  Adrian cooked pasta for all of us for dinner.  The boys got some of their homework done and spent the rest of their time playing video games.  Then around 7:30 we settled in for family movie night, watching Daniel's pick of "Captain America."  I watched the first hour or so and then headed to bed because I was really struggling.  The boys loved the movie, they all watched the whole thing with no complaining!  After the movie, Adrian got them down to bed, cleaned up a little and then headed to bed too.  It was a jam packed Saturday for us!!

Sunday (1/19) I finally got a good night of sleep last night!!  I woke up feeling a little better, just really depleated.  I got dizzy and knocked out just getting showered and dressed so I decided to cancel my whole day and just rest.  We spent the day watching TV, doing small things around the house and hanging out.  I haven't spent much time with the boys and Adrian so I tried to hang out with all of them too.  The boys did some more homework and played some video games as well.  Daniel was finally able to get his YouTube videos to post to his channel again so he is super excited to be back to doing that!

Adrian and I watched the playoff games and enjoyed Chinese take out for dinner, because that's what I was craving.  The AFC championship was fun to watch and I would have been happy to see either team win.  The NFC championship wasn't quite as exciting but I am glad the 49ers won.  We'll both be cheering for the Chiefs in two weeks!  We also played a game of Pandemic Legacy Season 2 tonight and lost.  We are having a hard time figuring out how to balance the new mechanism after playing a few trial games.  We'll start our real games next week and hope for the best.  After the games were over, we put the boys to bed, watched one of our comedies from our DVR and headed to bed.  I'm still not 100% but I am much better than I was.  I'm thankful I got to rest all day today!

Monday (1/20)  We all have today off so we all slept in this morning.  We had a lazy morning of coffee, video games and TV.  Then we started getting some stuff done around the house so we're ready for the rest of this busy week.  The boys finished all of their homework and chores and a few other small things we needed them to get done.  I'm still not 100% so I took a lot of breaks and did a lot of things that I could do sitting down.  The day passed quickly with a good balance of relaxing and being productive.  Rocky is getting spoiled having all of us at home all the time!!

Adrian cooked us a delicious pot of soup for dinner tonight and then I got ready for my return to Zumba after nearly a week off.  Class was hard but I had so much fun!!  It felt great to move after resting for so many days.  We had a large group again tonight, hopefully we'll keep the big crowds going.  After class, I ran to Meijer to use a few coupons that were going to expire tonight and get a few things we were running really low on.  While I was out, Adrian fed the kids dinner and then cleaned up the kitchen.  When I got home, we got the boys to bed and then watched a few comedies together before heading to bed too.  It was a great holiday Monday!!
Tuesday (1/21) We were back to our regular schedule today and even though I'm not 100%, it feels good to be back to normal.  Adrian helped get AJ up and on the bus and then he headed to work for the day.  I got Daniel ready and dropped him off at school for the day then came home to get myself and Zak ready for the day.  We headed in together because I was subbing for the day.  I had a great day with a fun class of 2nd graders and the day flew by.  Before I knew it, it was time to drop Zak off at home, then head back to school to teach my Zumba class.  We had an awesome time dancing together this afternoon & got a great workout.

After class, I ran home and got the boys thru their homework while cooking tacos for dinner.  After we all ate and finished homework, Zak and I headed out to his Scout pack meeting.  Each den put on a few skits tonight to finish that requirement for the year.  They were all cute and we had a lot of fun.  My Wolves all did great & I'm very proud of them.  When the meeting was over, we headed home for the night.  Adrian and I got the boys thru their night routine and then down for the night.  We finished cleaning up a few things, watched two comedies while having a snack and then headed to bed too.  Nothing super exciting, but after all the changes of the past few weeks, we like a normal day!!

Wednesday (1/22) And after one day of a normal schedule, we're back off it.  Today AJ and Zak both had pediatrician appointments early this afternoon so they did not go to school.  We got up and got Daniel ready and I dropped him off at school for the day while Adrian headed into work.  Then I came home and picked up Rocky and dropped her off at doggy daycare for her first day there.  After I dropped her off, I came home and got the other boys ready for our day and got a few things done around the house.  Then we headed to the Y together so I could teach my two classes there before heading to their pediatrician appointment.  They are doing great and the doctor is pleased with how their medicine is working so we'll keep doing that.

After the appointment, we ran as many errands as we could and then headed to pick up Daniel from school.  Then I dropped all of the boys off at home and went back out to try to finish up the grocery shopping, since this is my normal errand day.  I did as much as I could before it was time to pick up Rocky from daycare.  She did awesome and had a blast playing with the other dogs!  She came home exhausted and spent most of the night sleeping on the couch.  I was also exhausted when I finally got home but I had to cook dinner for everyone, finish homework with the boys and put away all of the groceries.  Adrian had Bible study tonight so he headed there after work.  When he got home, we got the boys to bed, did a little bit more clean up and then headed to bed for the night.  Wednesdays may be my day off, but they are exhausting! 

Thursday (1/23) Continuing our trend we again veered off our schedule today.  We woke AJ up and got him ready and on the bus while Adrian headed to work.  When I woke Daniel up, he told me he wasn't feeling well and couldn't go to school today.  So he stayed home from school for the day.  I had to sub in the school all day so he said he could stay home alone and we decided to let him try for the day since I'd be right up the street.  Zak and I headed into school for the day and I had a great day in one of the special ed classes with some of my favorite teacher's aides.  Daniel did great staying home, I didn't hear from him at all during the day.  He said he just rested on the couch with Rocky all day.
When we all got home, we quickly go thru homework and dinner for everyone.  Adrian was able to leave work a little early so he could get home in time for him and Zak to go to basketball together.  Zak played a good game tonight and did really well listening to his coaches.  While they were at basketball, I headed to the church to teach my Zumba class.  We had a fun night and I felt a little better than I did for each class this week, slowly but surely recovering and regaining my stamina.  After all of our night activities we all came home and got the boys thru their night routine and down for the night.  Then Adrian and I did a little bit of clean up, watched a few comedies and then headed to bed for the night.  This week has been exhausting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment