Monday, November 11, 2019

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Nov 10 - Nov 16)

Last week I did great sticking to my meal plan and made everything that I planned on making!  Well, almost everything!  I switched a few things around and when I pulled up a recipe to make salmon, the featured recipe on the website was this dish that used chicken things, sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts, all of which I had and needed to use up.  So instead of the Apricot Chicken Thighs, I made this dish and it was delicious!!  I still have the apricot jam I bought so I may make those other chicken thighs at some point in the future.
This week is a little weird with a few different things on our schedule.  But I am seeing the benefits of sticking to the healthy eating as much as possible so I'm continuing to do that as much as I can.  We have dinner with my in-laws tonight and dinner with friends on Saturday so those will be a little more carb heavy.  Then Adrian won't be home on Wednesday night or Friday night for dinner so I will probably do easy dinners those nights.  Actually this whole week is pretty busy so there may be a lot of easy dinners this week!  I'm still planning dinners around my CSA vegetables that I have left and also cleaning out my freezer one shelf at a time so I'm working on the pork shelf right now.  There will be a lot of sausage meals coming up in the next few weeks!

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Baked Ziti with Garlic Bread and Salad
Monday - Spaghetti Squash with Sausage
Tuesday - Taco Tuesday!!
Friday - Shrimp Salad
Saturday - Pizza and Snacks with friends

Water Flavor - Cucumber Mint.  I got mint on sale last week so I grabbed an extra cucumber to make this water flavor this week.  It's another favorite and I'm so excited about it!

Overnight Oats - This is becoming more just my general breakfast thoughts, but once again I'm not making oats this week.  I have two servings left from last week that I will eat first.  I also found rice krispy rolls that the boys don't like anymore so I will eat those for breakfasts as well this week.

Use it Up - I'm using up sausage on Monday, squash on Monday, cabbage on Weds and peppers on Thurs.  Plus I'm hoping to finish the rice krispy rolls for breakfasts this week.  I'm also using up the rest of the romaine in my lunches as well as a few other veggies in my lunches.

Lunches - I'll be having salads again this week for lunch.  I have a few heads of romaine left that should get me thru the week.  I also have peppers, tomatoes and cucumbers that I will use in the salads and a little bit of grilled chicken to add some protein.  I'm also hoping to have leftover taco chicken from Tuesday to get a taco salad or two later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment