Sunday, November 10, 2019

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 11/1 - 11/7)

Friday (11/1) Ugh it's hard to get up and moving the day after Halloween!  We were thankfully able to get up on time and get everyone out.  Adrian helped me get AJ ready and on the bus and then headed to work for the day.  I dropped Daniel off at school for his last day of only 4 of them in his class, everyone else will be back from camp on Monday.  Then I came home to get myself and Zak ready only to find out that Zak is sick and won't be able to go to school today.  He spent the day on the couch watching TV and playing video games and relaxing.  I spent the day taking care of him and getting a bunch of stuff done around the house.  While I'm bummed that I had to call out of work, I am thankful I have a job that understands and I'm able to take care of my boys when they need me.

The day passed quickly and before I knew it, it was time for the bus to drop off AJ and Daniel.  When they got home, I ran to Kroger quickly and then came home and got dinner together.  We all enjoyed meatball subs for dinner together and then the boys played video games for a while and Adrian and I cleaned up.  After that it was time for family movie night and we watched my pick "Hocus Pocus" to keep the Halloween magic going just a little longer.  It was a really cute movie & we all enjoyed it!  When the movie was over, the boys and Rocky headed to bed in their room while Adrian and I got snacks and watched a few comedies before we headed to bed.

Saturday (11/2) We got up and moving earlier than we planned because we forgot to turn off Daniel's alarm clock.  I got ready and headed out to Zumba at the church where we had a great group.  It was fun to get back to teaching there after taking most of the week off.  After class I headed to my Bible study and had a nice discussion with the ladies there.  While I was there, Adrian and the boys got some stuff done around the house including taking down our Halloween decorations.  The rest of the afternoon we spent working around the house while the boys played video games.

Late in the afternoon, Adrian and I headed out for a double date.  We went out to dinner at a new to us restaurant, Forno, which had delicious pizzas and drinks.  Then we headed down the road to go axe throwing.  We had SO much fun with the group we had throwing axes, playing games and laughing a lot.  Adrian and I were both pretty good at it, including me hitting the winning shots for my team for two games and Adrian winning the final last man standing game.  It was a great date night and we're hoping to do it again!!  When we got home, we fed the boys a late dinner and then they wanted to play more video games so they when up to do that and Adrian and I played our November game of Pandemic Legacy.  We did not start well and thought we would lose, but we pulled it out in the end!  Only one month left to go!  When our game was over, we got the boys to bed, changed the clocks, watched one comedy and then headed to bed.
Sunday (11/3) We all slept in a little bit today since we were up late last night.  Adrian wasn't feeling well and none of us felt like moving quickly so they skipped church and I headed in to volunteer for the second service.  I had a fun time with the kids in children's church and also got to catch up with a few friends after service.  Then I came home and we started working around the house and watching football.  That's pretty much how the whole afternoon went.  We watched the Jets lose again, but at least they are finding new ways to lose each game.  The boys finished all of their weekend chores and homework and also spent a lot of time playing Fortnight.  The day passed quickly even though we had the extra hour today.  Adrian grilled amazing steaks for us for dinner and I roasted some veggies. After dinner, we finished up the last of our things around the house and got ready for another busy week.  We watched a lot of football and before long it was time for the boys' night routine.  We got them thru that and down for the night.  Then we watched the last football game of the day and headed to bed, fairly early since this stupid time change makes it feel so late!

Monday (11/4) Back to school for only one day before we have a day off tomorrow.  We all got up and moving early this morning because Zak was up before our alarms went off.  Adrian helped me get AJ ready and we barely got him on the bus on time.  He played a quick game of "King of Tokyo" with Zak and then headed to work for the day.  I got Daniel ready and dropped off then came home and got Zak ready and dropped off as well.  Then since I wasn't subbing today, I came home and got to work on my massive to do list.  I was super productive all day and got a ton done!!  The day passed quickly and before long it was time to get AJ and Daniel off the bus and pick up Zak from school.

Since they don't have school tomorrow, we opted to not do homework today and take the night off.  They played video games for a bit and then we all had dinner.  I headed out to Zumba with Daniel & Zak since they had friends going tonight.  I had an amazing class and continue to be in awe of my students who keep showing up, we had a large class and 4 new people!!  It's such a blessing to teach these beautiful ladies!  While I was there, Adrian took AJ to Scouts where they had their final gun safety meeting and camping prep before their campout this weekend.  When we all got home, we got the boys thru their night routine and down to bed for the night.  Then we watched the Cowboys game together.  I made it to halftime and then had to go to sleep, but I'm glad they won the game!

Tuesday (11/5) The boys and I had off today since it's Election Day and one of the schools is a voting place.  Adrian got up and headed into work while the rest of us slept in.  When we got up and moving, the boys played and I got ready to head out for some appointments.  I took Rocky to the vet where we found out she's 35 pounds, almost 3x as big as when we got her!  She got her last round of shots and we got her all set up for her spay appointment in January.  After her appointment, I dropped her off and picked up Zak to take him to a pediatrician follow up for some writing difficulties he's having in school.  We got some ideas for moving forward and will have a few more appointments as well.

After those appointments, I came home and got lunch for everyone.  Then I headed out to Kroger to do some quick grocery shopping while the boys played video games.  The afternoon passed quickly and before long it was time for Zak and I to head to bowling.  He bowled great and finally broke 100 to earn his high roller certificate, he got 116 his first game!!  He was SO excited!!  After bowling, we came home and I got dinner ready for everyone.  We finished up some homework, had dinner and then did the rest of our normal evening stuff.  We got the boys thru their night routine and down to bed for the night.  Then Adrian and I watched two comedies and headed to bed for the night.  It's always weird to have a day off in the middle of the week but it was a very productive day!
Wednesday (11/6) Back to the normal routine after our day off.  We all got up and moving quickly since we had some extra sleep yesterday.  Adrian helped me get AJ ready and on the bus and then left for work for the day.  I got Daniel and Zak ready and dropped off to their respective schools and then headed out to run my weekly errands.  I was pleasantly surprised when I went to Aldi and realized they got the wine advent calendars in today and I was able to get one!!  I'm so excited to do this again with Adrian this year!  After a few errands, I headed to the Y to teach my two Zumba classes and then finished up some errands before heading home to get everyone after school.

Once I got everyone settled after school, I headed out one more time to teach Zumba to the teachers at the local elementary school.  Then I went to pick up Marco's pizza for the boys for dinner since it was fundraiser night.  I cooked my dinner when I got home while getting the boys thru dinner and homework.  Daniel was complaining he didn't feel well and he did have a slight temperature so after homework, he rested on the couch and watched TV.  The other boys had a short video game turn while I got a few things done around the house.  Then we did their night routine and I got them down to bed.  Adrian came home soon after they were in bed from his Bible study.  We watched Survivor together and then I headed to bed while he watched the OSU basketball game.

Thursday (11/7) Since Daniel wasn't feeling well last night, we decided that he could sleep in and stay home from school today.  The rest of us got up and moving on time.  We let AJ sleep in a little and then I drove him to school while Adrian got ready and headed to work.  I got Zak ready and dropped off and school and then came home and hung out with Daniel for the morning.  I was schedule for an afternoon half day of subbing and Daniel felt good enough for me to go in and do that while he hung out at home alone.

After school, Daniel was feeling a little better thankfully.  None of the boys had any homework so they had some video game time while I got dinner together for everyone.  After dinner, I headed out to the church to teach another awesome Zumba class to some fantastic ladies.  While I was there, Adrian hung out with the boys and got them started on their night routine.  When I got home, we put everyone to bed and thankfully Daniel felt good enough to go to school tomorrow.  When the boys were down for the night, Adrian and I watched a few episodes of "The Goldburgs" and then headed to bed too.  I have also been fighting a cold the past few days so I need a lot of rest!!

No comments:

Post a Comment