Friday, November 22, 2019

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 11/15 - 11/21)

Friday (11/15) We survived another week!  We got up and moving on time this morning but AJ was tired and moving slow so he asked me to drive him to school instead of taking the bus.  Adrian helped me get him ready and then headed out to work.  I helped Daniel get ready and then dropped both AJ and Daniel off at school.  Then I came home and got myself and Zak ready for the day.  We headed into school together since I was subbing for the day.  I subbed for two different 3rd grade teachers today, one in the morning and one in the afternoon.  It was a fun but challenging day, and it went very fast!

When we were done at school, we headed home to get ready for Daniel's friend Yusuf to come over to play.  He hung out for a little over 2 hours and they had a blast together!  When his mom came to pick him up, she dropped off some Somolian food for Adrian and I to enjoy for dinner tonight.  After he left, the boys and I had dinner and then they did clean up and we got ready for movie night.  Adrian worked late again and then headed to his board game club meeting for the rest of the night.  The boys and I continued to rewatch the Avengers movies and we watched the first 'Thor" movie tonight.  Everyone enjoyed it!!  When it was over, I got them ready for bed and Adrian came home in time to say good night.  After we got them settled, we finished a little bit of clean up and then watched a few comedies before heading to bed for the night.

Saturday (11/16) We got to sleep in a little this morning but then I had to get up and moving to head to the church to teach my Zumba class.  The boys woke up around the same time so I guess it didn't matter that I had to work.  I had a great Zumba Toning class and while I was there, Adrian got the boys thru some of their homework and weekend chores.  When I got home, I picked up Daniel and we went to Target to buy a birthday gift for his friend and Kroger to pick up a grocery order.  When we got home, Adrian drove AJ to Math Plus to earn the Programing Merit Badge for Scouts.  In between all of the running around, we got a few things done around the house and prepped for dinner with friends later tonight.

After a few hours, I headed out to pick up AJ from his merit badge workshop.  He said he had a great time and learned a lot about programming.  We got home just a few minutes before our friends arrived for dinner.  The 5 boys immediately headed upstairs to play video games together while the adults hung out downstairs chatting, drinking wine and enjoying delicious homemade pizza and buffalo chicken dip.  The night was very fun and very relaxing for all of us.  They hung out for almost 5 hours and when they headed home, we were all exhausted.  Adrian and I did a little clean up, got the boys down to bed and then headed to bed ourselves.  It was a fun but busy Saturday!!
Sunday (11/17) After a late night last night, we all slept in this morning, even Zak!  We had a lazy morning of Uno, coffee and TV before getting ready for second service at church.  I volunteered in the elementary room so I was in with Daniel and Zak while AJ went to his class and Adrian went to the regular service.  We all heard great messages!  When we got home after church, we had lunch and the boys finished up their homework and weekend chores.  Then Adrian dropped Daniel off at a birthday party and took AJ and Zak bowling.  Zak needed to pre-bowl for his league for this Tuesday because we just can not make it work that day.

While they were out, I got a bunch of stuff done around the house.  When they got home, we watched both the Cowboys and the Jets win today - the first time all season that both teams won the same weekend!!  Then we spent the rest of the day doing stuff around the house, eating leftovers and relaxing while the boys played video games.  The day passed quickly, as the weekend days always do.  We got the boys down early since it's a school night and Adrian and I watched the Bears/Rams game before heading to bed too.  It was a nice mix of relaxing and working today.

Monday (11/18) Back to the grind today for our last full week of school before Thanksgiving break next week.  We all got up and moving on time today since we were well rested after the weekend.  Adrian helped me get AJ ready and on the bus and then headed into work for the day.  I got Daniel ready and dropped off to school and then got Zak and myself ready.  We headed into school together since I was subbing for the day.  I had a fun but exhausting day with a kindergarten class and before long it was time to head home.

Zak and I picked up Daniel and we ran to Krispy Kreme to get some donuts to have for breakfast this week.  When we got back home, we finished everyone's homework and had leftovers for dinner.  Then I headed out to the church to teach an awesome Zumba class.  I'm so happy my classes continue to be big and new people keep coming, it's a rough time for fitness classes but these are still doing really well.  While I was at class, Adrian took AJ to his weekly Scout meeting where they worked on a few things and recruited some of the Arrows crossing over soon.  When we all got home, we got the boys thru their night routine and then down to bed.  Adrian and I finished up a few things around the house and then watched two episodes of "The Good Place" before heading to bed.

Tuesday (11/19) We all got up and moving again on time today, for the last time we'd all be home for a while.  Adrian helped me get AJ ready and on the bus before heading to work for his last day this week.  Then I got Daniel ready and dropped off at school and came back to get Zak and myself ready.  Once again I was subbing all day so we headed into school together.  I had a pretty good day boucing around to a few classes and finished a little early.  I hung around to pick up Zak and we went home together.  Thankfully none of the boys had any homework tonight because it's a crazy busy one!

I left soon after getting home with Rocky to drop her off at a week long training.  She will be living there all week and come back with a lot of commands and better manners.  We'll miss her but are excited for this training!!  After dropping her I came back and picked up Adrian to drop him off at the airport to head to Dallas until Sunday.  He is working at the Board Game Geek conference this week with a local game developer and will be teaching the game "City of the Big Shoulders" all week.  He's super excited and I'm excited for him!!

After fighting the traffic to get home, we had a quick taco Tuesday dinner and then Zak and I headed out to his Scout meeting.  We made cards for cancer patients and thank yous for the local firefighers.  It was a crazy busy meeting but we had fun!  I finally got home late after a quick stop for gas so I am ready to go in the morning.  I got the boys thru their night routine and then down for the night.  I cleaned up the kitchen and then watched some "Real Housewives of Orange County" before heading to bed.  I'm going to need to be well rested to survive this week!!

Wednesday (11/20) We were up and moving on time again today.  Since I'm on my own for the rest of the week, we decided AJ would not take the bus to make it a little easier on me.  So I got AJ and Daniel ready and dropped them both off at school.  Then I came home and got Zak ready and dropped him off.  Then I ran a ton of errands and also went to the Y to teach two classes, Zumba Toning and Aqua Zumba.  After all of that, it was time to pick up the boys from school.  I picked up AJ and Daniel and then went in to each school to pick up the items from the fundraiser earlier this year.  After that we stopped home to unload the car and then I ran up to pick up Zak.  We had nothing planned tonight so we had a nice relaxing night.  We got Marco's pizza for dinner for a fundraiser for Zak's school, finished all of our homework and then the boys played video games while I put away groceries and worked around the house.  The night passed quickly and before long it was time to get the boys thru their night routine and down for bed.  Then I finished up a few things, watched some "Real Housewives" and went to bed.  We survived day one on my own!!

Thursday (11/21) We were up and moving on time again today.  I got AJ and Daniel ready and dropped them off at school and then came home to get Zak and myself ready for the day.  I was called in to sub a full day at school so we headed in together.  I spent a fun day with a great group of 4th graders and it passed quickly.  Before long I was picking up Zak and heading home to the other boys.  We quickly got thru homework and dinner before I headed out to the church to teach my Zumba class at night.  We had an awesome class with a Zumba shuffle playlist celebrating one of the student's birthdays and also enjoyed cupcakes and chocolate covered pretzels after class.  When I got home, I got the boys thru their night routine and down for the night.  I came back down and cleaned up a little before watching some "Real Housewives" and then heading to bed.  It's been an exhausting week already and we still have two more days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment