Saturday, November 2, 2019

Keeping Up With...2019 Goals (September & October Recap)

I missed another month so I'm doing a double month recap this month.  September was a crazy blur and I just could not find my footing most of that month.  We were super busy with the boys' stuff plus I started subbing and am pretty much in the school 4 days each week.  I didn't have time to get my normal stuff around the house done let alone anything extra like updating this blog.  October seems to have slowed down a bit and I'm getting used to working more than I have in years.  I'm finding a groove and am able to get some of the things that have been on my to do list for months done.  I will say I have learned that I absolutely need to take next summer to make sure I get the stuff done that I want to get done so I can start fresh in the fall!!

I haven't focused a lot on my goals recently, but I'm still hitting a lot of them.  Some of them have changed over the year and with only two months left in this year I'm realizing that some of them will not happen.  I'm really happy with how this year has gone though so I'm embracing what has happened and moving on with life.  I am already starting to think ahead to next year and think about which goals I may do again, try to accomplish again or just leave off the list and give up.  We have some breaks from school coming up in the next two months and I also know I'll have some sick days in those months so I'm hoping to accomplish one or two more goals before the year is over.
Here's how I did on my goals in September & October:
  • Lose 50 30 pounds - Lost 4 pounds over the two month, 25 pounds so far this year!!  I still have the stretch goal to lose 5 more pounds, but with all the holidays and celebrations the next two months I'll be super happy to just stay at the 25 pounds for the year.
  • Exercise for 20 minutes every day - 295 days (out of 304) - I missed another day in September.  I had a Sunday I wasn't feeling well and I had a ton of stuff to do so I decided to take a full rest day and not exercise at all.  It was a good decision!  Other than that day, I didn't miss a day in the two months.  Having an active puppy to walk is certainly helping with this goal!
  • Read the Bible in a Year - 304 days so far, on track to finish this goal this year!  I've fallen behind here and there but I am caught up and on track as of today.
  • Read 100 Days to Brave - DONE!!
  • Read "Be Still and Know" - 302 days so far, I missed the past two days so I'm behind but I'll catch up soon.
  • Read 20 books - 13 books so far.  In September I finished "How to Beat a Dragon's Curse" and in October I finished "Mrs Everything."  I loved them both, especially Jennifer Weiner's newest one, I couldn't put it down!  I'm behind on this goal and don't think I will make this one this year.  But I'm in the middle of 3 different books and may pick a few shorter ones to try to get close on this one.
  • Read the 12 How to Train Your Dragon Books - 4 books done so far.  I'm also behind on this one, I'm not sure I will hit this goal either unless I marathon read the remaining 8 in the next 2 months.  Then again if I do that I will also hit the last goal so maybe that's a good idea...
  • Read "The Beauty Myth" - DONE!!
  • Write 45 meal plan blogs - 29 blog posts so far this year.
  • Write 52 weekly summary blogs - 40 blog posts so far this year.  I'm 3 behind on this goal, I didn't do 3 weeks in September (see above reasons).  I'm still hoping to catch up on those but they are not a priority right now.  If I can't finish them by the end of this year I will just call it a loss and move on to next year.
  • Write 12 9 goal recap blogs - 6 blog posts so far this year.  Obviously I missed another month for this goal and will not hit this goal even though I changed it.
  • Pay off $3,000 of credit card debt - DONE!!  We've actually paid off $3,200 paid off so far
  • Renovate the living room - DONE!!
  • Watch 40 50 movies - 41 movies so far.  In September and October we watched: "Wonder Park," "Labyrinth," "Mary Poppins," "Incredible Hulk," "The Addams Family," "Casper the Friendly Ghost," "Ready Player One," and "Secret Life of Pets: 2."  Woo hoo, we hit this goal & we're not done yet!  Hoping for 50 movies this year now!!
  • Go on 12 dates with Adrian - 12 dates so far - Woo hoo another goal that I hit and again we aren't done yet!  In September we saw "Dear Evan Hansen" which was excellent!!  Then in October we had our annual day date for Columbus Day and went to Easton for the day and also saw "Mean Girls" which was very good too, way better than we were expecting.
  • Sub 70 days in the schools - 53.25 days so far
  • Do one group fitness training - DONE!!  I'm officially licensed to teach Aqua Zumba now.  I'm super excited to add this license to my resume and hopefully will start teaching a class regularly in the fall.
  • Go to 6 Zumba jam sessions - 8 jams attended so far this year - Yes, another goal completed for the year!!  And I'm still going to at least one more in December, possibly 2 or even 3 that month.  So thankful for this continuing education!!
  • Clean out master bedroom - spent 20 minutes working in there
  • Clean out play room - DONE!!  The boys did great helping out in the play room and we got rid of a ton of things.  I'm super proud of them!!
  • Have 12 family board game nights - had 6 family game nights
  • Play Pandemic Legacy with Adrian once per month - We played 10 months so far.  We won in September and October again!  We are anxious to see how this game ends over the next 2 months, especially after losing Adrian's character in a twist in the game in October.
  • Have 6 nights out with friends - DONE!!  6 nights out so far, although this month was actually a day out with friends.  I went shopping and out to lunch with a friend after our boys went back to school for the year
  • Go on an awesome spring break vacation to Florida - DONE!!
  • Do 100 fun family things (one thing each week during school & one thing per person each week over the summer) - 80 things done so far.  
  • Go on 2 family camping trips - none planned so far and now it's too cold here in Ohio.  This goal will not be finished this year for sure, but we were just talking about possibly going next spring so it may be back on the goal list next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment