Monday, November 4, 2019

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 9/13 - 9/19)

Friday (9/13) It's Friday the 13th and a full moon today!!  It has been a long, exhausting week and I feel like I'm crawling to the finish line right now.  We somehow managed to get up and get moving on time this morning.  We got AJ on the bus on time and then Adrian headed out to work for the day.  I got Daniel ready and dropped him off at school.  Then I came home and got Zak and myself ready for our day.  We headed into school together since I was subbing in his school for the day.  I was in a 4th grade class for the day, teaching ELA all day to three different classes.  It was a long but fun day with them!

After school, we all came home and had a little break before we got ready for our night activities.  I got dinner for AJ and then Adrian took him to the high school since he was marching with the high school marching band during the football game tonight.  I got dinner ready for everyone else, then we all headed out to the high school as well.  Zak and I helped raise the flag with our Scout pack and then we watched the first half of a boring football game.  We were super excited when the band finally headed out.  They did a great job playing two songs together and AJ had a great time!!  After the songs, we picked up AJ and headed home for the night.  We were all tired, thirsty and hungry.  After a quick snack, we got the boys down to bed, then we watched another episode of "This is Us" before heading to bed as well.  It has been an exhausting week and I'm hoping to recharge this weekend!!
Saturday (9/14) Today started earlier than we would have liked, but we had commitments early this morning.  We all got up and moving and I helped Adrian and Zak get out the door to Zak's soccer game.  Zak played great and his team won, and enjoyed the snacks that we sent.  While they were there, I headed to the church to teach my Zumba class.  We had a great time and got a great workout.  Then I headed home to grab a quick shower and lunch before heading across town for a Zumba jam.  I had so much fun dancing with my friends all afternoon and learning four new awesome choreographies.  I can't wait to bring the songs to my classes!!
While I was there, Adrian and the boys worked around the house.  They spent a good chunk of time setting up the boys new bunk beds.  The boys are so excited to have these bunks, and everyone is fighting over who will sleep on the top bunk (we'll take turns).  When I got home, we all had dinner together, finished a few other things around the house and then settled in for family movie night.  We watched "Labyrinth" and everyone loved it!  The kids thought it was funny and interesting and Adrian and I enjoyed seeing it again.  When the movie was over, we got the boys down to bed and then watched two episodes of "This is Us."  We're almost caught up and the season is getting awesome!  I would have kept watching last night, but I was exhausted.

Sunday (9/15) We all got to sleep in today, finally!!  I got up and wasn't feeling great so we decided to skip church this morning so I could rest and hopefully feel better for the week ahead.  We spent the day relaxing at home and getting as much done around the house as possible.  We watched the Cowboys game in the afternoon, happy they won again!!  We got a lot done and I also rested a lot and am feeling better and ready to go into this week.  We watched a lot of football all day while the boys played a lot of video games all day.  That's OK with all of us, sometimes you need a down day like that.  The day passed quickly and we had an easy dinner before finishing a few things, getting the boys thru their night routine and down for the night.  Then Adrian and I had a glass of wine and watched some of the Sunday Night football game before heading to bed early.  I'm feeling better and hopeful I can still do all I have planned for the upcoming week!

Monday (9/16) Back to our normal routine today.  We got up and moving early this morning and got AJ ready and on the bus on time.  Then Adrian left for work and I took Daniel to drop him off at school.  Then I came home to get Zak ready and on the bus to school.  I had a rare day off from subbing so I hit the ground running and got a ton of stuff done around the house today.  I stayed really focused and got a ton of stuff done as the day passed quickly.  Before long it was time to get everyone off the bus at the end of the day.  The boys took a short break and then we got thru homework quickly because we had a busy night on tap!

I got dinner ready for everyone and we ate in shifts so everyone could get ready and out on time tonight.  Adrian and Zak ate first and then headed out to Zak's soccer game.  He played well and his team won again!  I ate with the other boys and then I got ready to head to the church for my Zumba class.  We had an awesome Zumba Toning class and got a great work out, despite missing a lot of people due to illness.  While I was there, AJ's friend picked him up and took him to Scouts for the night.  He had his Court of Honor tonight and earned two merit badges, geocaching and electronics.  Adrian and Zak headed there after soccer to see him get his awards.  When we all got home, we got the boys thru their night routine and down for the night.  Then Adrian and I watched the Jets game, although it wasn't much of a game since the Jets looked horrible!!  We went to bed before it was over, it was just too painful to stay up late to watch.
Tuesday (9/17) It was tough to get up and moving this morning since we stayed up later than we should have watching the Jets game last night, but we managed to get up and out on time.  Adrian helped me get AJ ready and on the bus and then he headed into work for the day.  I drove Daniel to school and then came home to get Zak and myself ready for the day.  I put him on the bus, gave Rocky a quick walk and then headed out to run errands for a while before heading to the Y to teach my two classes.  Aqua Zumba was small but fun and Silver Sneakers continues to grow as the session moves along.  After the classes, I headed to pick up the boys from school and quickly move on to our evening activities.

I got everyone settled and figured out homework for the night and then headed back out with Zak for our busy night.  We headed to his first week of his new bowling after school league.  He bowled pretty well and had a fun time with his new teammate.  After bowling, we ran back home for a short stop for me to grab dinner and then headed out to our Scout meeting.  It was a pack meeting so we were all together for the meeting.  We got our awards from summer camp and then heard a presentation on paratroopers in the military.  It was a good night and even though it is busy, Zak and I had fun.  When we got home, we got the boys thru their night routine and down for the night.  We finished up a few things around the house, watched another episode of "This is Us" and headed to bed for the night.
Wednesday (9/18) We got up and moving on time today after getting more sleep last night.  The bus came a little early though and AJ was moving slow so he decided to just have me drive him in when I dropped Daniel off.  So Adrian helped me get them ready and then headed to work while I drove them to school.  I came back and got Zak and myself ready and got him on the bus since I was only subbing a half day this afternoon.  After a quick walk with Rocky, I got a bunch of things done around the house this morning and then headed into school for the afternoon where I had a fairly easy afternoon with some 4th graders.

When we all got home, Zak informed me that is was Marco's fundraiser night tonight so I quickly ordered and picked up pizza for them in between homework and getting Zak ready for soccer practice.  After they had pizza for dinner, I headed out to drop Zak off at soccer and run to Giant Eagle quickly before picking him back up after practice.  When we got home, we had help doing the night routine because Adrian doesn't have Bible study for the next few weeks.  We got the boys down on time and had time to finish up a few things in the kitchen before we watched another episode of "This is Us" and headed to bed early since we were both really tired.
Thursday (9/19) We got up and moving on time today.  Adrian helped me get AJ ready and on the bus and then he left for work.  Then I dropped Daniel off at school and came home and got Zak and myself ready for the day.  I put Zak on the bus to school and then came back inside and got some stuff done around the house before heading to school for Zak's annual IEP meeting.  After the meeting, I ran a few errands and then did a few more things around the house before all of the boys got home from school.  We got thru homework and dinner and then I headed out to the church to teach my Zumba class.   We had a fun class as always and got a great workout.  When I got home, we got the boys thru their night routine and down for the night.  Then we finished up some cleaning, watched some of the football game and headed to bed.  It wasn't a super exciting day but I got a lot accomplished so I'll call it a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment