Sunday, November 3, 2019

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Nov 3 - Nov 9)

We were all over the place with our meal plan last week.  I kept forgetting to set things up and we didn't have some of the stuff we needed early enough in the week.  Then I kind of lots my motivation to cook what we had so I just threw away the plan for about half of the week.  The two recipes I didn't make last week will be made this week for sure.  I also was unmotivated to eat healthy last week so that also effected my dinner choices.  Friday night we had fresh bread and I had a bunch of ground beef in the freezer so I decided to make meatball subs for the family.  They were SO good!!

This week I need to get back on track with eating healthy.  We got our last delivery from our CSA last week and we have a ton of vegetables to use right now!  I need to make sure I use everything that we have before it goes bad.  We have a ton of squash as well which will thankfully keep for a bit so I'm not as worried about using them up quickly.  We really enjoyed doing the CSA and we're already signed up to do it again next year.  The produce was delicious and I highly recommend New Century CSA if you are in the Central Ohio area.
Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Grilled Steak and Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Monday - Tomatillo Drumsticks and whatever veggies I feel like making
Tuesday - Salmon and whatever veggies I feel like making
Wednesday - Apricot Chicken Thighs and whatever veggies I feel like making
Thursday - Breakfast for Dinner - including omlettes with veggies & breakfast sausage
Friday - Chicken Gnocchi Soup and Salad
Saturday - Either pasta or leftovers because Adrian and AJ will be camping

Water Flavor - Mango again since it's still on sale.  It's so sweet and delicious!

Overnight Oats - I made a lot last week so I'm not making any this week.

Use It Up - I'm still working on using up the last of the old chicken with the drumsticks and thighs this week.  I'm also starting on our next shelf which is the pork shelf so there will be a lot of sausage over the next few weeks.  Plus I'm working on using up all of the produce in my refridgerator.

Lunches - Salad everyday this week.  I went to Costco last week so I have a ton of romaine lettuce to use for them and I made protein Ranch dressing last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment