Sunday, November 17, 2019

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 11/8 - 11/14)

Friday (11/8) Thankfully everyone was feeling better today, except me but I was good enough to go to work.  Unfortunately we all overslept this morning so AJ missed the bus.  Adrian helped me get them ready and then he headed to work.  I went to leave to drive AJ and Daniel to school and we realized my van doors were frozen shut!  We waited as long as we could and when they still wouldn't open, they climbed in the back and we made it the best we could.  After I dropped them off, I came back and got Zak and myself ready for our day.  We still couldn't get in to the back when we left so Zak got to ride in the front seat for the first time to school today.

I had a great day with some 4th graders today and was able to attend two different assemblies celebrating the Veterans with the kids from the school.  I went with my 4th grade class and then my lunch was during the 2nd grade assembly so I got to see Zak and the rest of the 2nd graders perform two songs for it.  He was so excited to see me there, he thought I wouldn't get to see him!  After school, we came home and enjoyed breakfast for dinner before dropping Daniel off at his friend's house for a sleepover tonight.  Adrian and AJ were supposed to go to a camp out but since it's so cold, they decided to sleep at home and get up early tomorrow to head down for the activities.
After I dropped Daniel off at his sleepover, we had a pretty relaxing night at home.  AJ and Adrian packed up for tomorrow, then AJ and Zak played video games while Adrian and I cleaned up a little.  We got the boys down at normal time since they were tired and AJ is getting up early again tomorrow.  Then Adrian and I watched two comedies and headed to bed since I'm still fighting this cold and he's getting up early tomorrow.  It wasn't a super exciting Friday night, but it was exactly what we all needed right now.

Saturday (11/9) We were all up and moving early for a Saturday.  Adrian and AJ finished packing up and headed about a little after 7 for their Scout day of shooting and camping.  I got Zak and myself ready and we headed to the church for my Zumba class.  It was a small but mighty Zumba Toning class this morning.  My friend dropped Daniel off to me during class since they had somewhere to be this morning after the sleep over.  After class, we all went home and quickly changed into Scout clothes for Zak's rain gutter regatta.  He raced his boat four times and won two and lost two.  He had a great time and I was really proud of the Scouts for trying their best!
After the regatta, we came home and had lunch and did some homework.  Then Daniel and Zak played while I worked around the house.  The day passed quickly and I was super productive.  Due to some schedule conflicts, none of the Scouts were camping tonight and Adrian and AJ got home around 5:00 tonight after a fun day of shooting guns, bows and arrows and axe throwing.  Adrian watched some college football while the kids played video games and I worked until dinner time.  We all had leftovers for dinner and then settled in for family movie night.  It was Daniel's pick and he decided to watch the next Avengers movie, Iron Man 2.  Zak didn't really like it but everyone else loved it.  After the movie, we put the boys to bed, watched two episodes of Superstore and headed to bed as well.  I'm still not feeling well, hoping for a good night of sleep to recover tonight!!

Sunday (11/10) Today was the opposite of yesterday and everyone slept in!  I didn't get up until after 10am and AJ slept even later than me.  We clearly all needed some rest.  I was up coughing part of the night so I knew I needed some extra sleep this mornaing.  Since we were all so late to get going this morning, we unfortunately missed church this week.  The boys finished up their homework this morning and then had some video game time.  I did a few things around the house and then headed into church to work for the afternoon as a facilities rep for a square dancing group.  It's fun to work these events, the people are all so nice and I get to listen to their music all afternoon.

While I was at work, Adrian hung out at home with the boys.  They finished up some cleaning around the house and started working on cleaning on the garage since my van needs to be able to fit in it now after Friday's debacle.  His parents came over for the evening and Adrian cooked a delicious dinner of baked ziti, garlic bread and salad.  We had a nice visit with them before they leave for Florida later this week.  We also watched the Jets game while they were here and I was thrilled to see another victory this week!!  After they left, it was time to get the boys thru their night routine.  We got them down to bed, finished cleaning up the kitchen from dinner and watched the Cowboys game.  While it was a good game, unfortunately it didn't go the way we wanted it to go and the Cowboys lost.  They keep digging themselves a hole with a slow start and it's hard to climb out of it when they are playing a good team like the Vikings.

Monday (11/11) Happy Veteran's Day and thank you to all who serve!  Adrian had the day off today but the boys still had school.  We got up a little later since AJ wasn't taking the bus this morning.  We got AJ and Daniel ready for school and then Adrian drove them to school.  Then we got Zak ready and he dropped him off too.  It was a nice break for me!  When he got back, we started working on cleaning out the garage and organizing it so I can park the van in there this winter.  We spent just over an hour organizing it and it looks amazing!!  Then we spent another hour putting things back on our walls and in the living room that have been in the garage since we painted earlier this year.  I'm so excited to accomplish this and be able to park my car in the garage again!!  And both the garage and the living room look fantastic.
Since that didn't take as long as we thought it might, we were able to sneak out for lunch before we had to pick up the kids.  We went to a new place in town called Tempe Tacos.  They just opened this past weekend and I've been so excited to try it since I heard it was opening.  The food and margaritas were delicious!  They were a little slow and were out of a few menu items, but I know they will work that out as they are opened a little longer.  Definitely a repeat place for us!  After lunch, we picked up the boys from school and headed home to get ready for our evening.  We got the boys thru homework and I cooked dinner for everyone.

After dinner, we split up for the night.  I headed to the church to teach my Zumba class.  We had a great class and had more new people.  I am so thankful for these classes and all of my students who are supporting them!  While I was there, Adrian and AJ headed to Scouts where AJ earned his Cyber Chip for the year and Adrian turned in all of his paperwork to be an adult leader.  Daniel and Zak opted to stay home tonight since it was pretty cold out.  It started snowing while we were all out and I was even more grateful to have the garage cleaned out to park in!  When we all got home, we got the boys thru their night routine and down to bed.  Then Adrian and I watched "The Good Place" and some of the awesome Monday Night Football game before heading to bed as well.  It was a pretty great day off for us!!

Tuesday (11/12) We woke up to icy roads so the boys had a two hour delay for school.  I was excited to have the extra sleep, although I know the delay throws the whole school schedule off.  Adrian still got up and headed to work early while I got a little extra sleep and then got the boys ready for school.  I got AJ on the bus and dropped of Daniel and Zak when it was time for each of them to leave.  When I got back I did a little bit of work around the house and then it was time to head to Daniel's school for his last IEP meeting.  He has officially tested out of needing speech therapy and both of us could not be more excited about it!
After my meeting, Daniel and I came home and it was just about time to get the other two boys from school.  Then it was time for mine and Zak's busy night.  First we headed to his bowling league, where he got his high roller award but struggled bowling this week.  After bowling, we came home for a quick dinner and then headed back out to Scouts.  We had a field trip to the local fire house where we learned about how the firemen live there and what they do to help people.  The Scouts all asked really good questions and I think everyone learned a lot!  The tour was pretty long so by the time we got home, it was time for snack, show and bed.  Adrian and I got the boys down, finished up a little cleaning around the house and then watched "The Good Place" before heading to bed for the night.
Wednesday (11/13) Back to our normal schedule today, well kind of.  We all got up early and Adrian helped get AJ on the bus.  Then I got Daniel ready and dropped off at school.  Adrian had a doctor's appointment this morning so he worked from home for a little bit and then dropped Zak off at school before heading to the doctor.  I got a few things done at home, including making my first pick up order at Kroger and then headed out to run a few errands.  I also headed to the YMCA to teach my two classes this morning.  After class, I headed to pick up my order from Kroger and this service did not disappoint!  In under 10 minutes I had all of my groceries loaded into my trunk and never had to get out of my car.

After a few more errands, I went and picked up Daniel and AJ from school and then came home to unload all of the groceries.  Then I ran up to pick up Zak from school, dropped him off and went back to the school to teach another Zumba class.  After class, I came home exhausted but ready to have a good night with the boys.  We had dinner together and got thru homework, which thankfully there wasn't much of.  Then they had some video game time while I finished putting away the groceries and cleaned up from dinner.  Adrian surprised us and came home early since he got stuck at work and had to miss his Bible study.  After the boys' night routine, we put them down to bed and then came down and watched the first half of this week's two hour "Survivor" before heading to bed for the night.  We were exhausted after the long day!!

Thursday (11/14) Another normal day for us today.  We all got up and moving on time this morning.  Adrian helped me get AJ ready and on the bus this morning and then left for work for the day.  I got Daniel ready and dropped him off at school and then came home and got Zak ready and dropped him off at school.  I had the day off so I came back home and worked around the house for most of the day.  Then in the afternoon, Daniel had his awards assembly for the first quarter so I headed over to his school to see him get his award.  He received A/B honor roll, a silver card & a Hornet award for great behavior in the first quarter.  Great job Daniel!!
After the assembly, I came home and worked around the house until it was time for the boys to get home from school.  AJ and Daniel took the bus home and then I walked up to pick up Zak.  We got thru homework quickly and then the boys played video games while I got dinner together.  We had a quick dinner and then I headed out to teach my Zumba class at the church.  Adrian got stuck at work, but thankfully got home soon after I left for Zumba.  When I got home from class, we got the boys thru their night routine and down for the night.  Adrian and I finished a few things around the house and then watched the second half of "Survivor" from yesterday before heading to bed too.

No comments:

Post a Comment