Friday, November 1, 2019

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 10/25 - 10/31)

Friday (10/25) We made it to another Friday!  After we all got a great night of sleep, we were up and moving on time this morning.  Adrian helped me get AJ up and ready and on the bus before he headed into work for the day.  I got the other two boys ready and then dropped them off at school and came back home since I was only subbing in the afternoon.  I got a bunch done around the house and then headed in to spend the afternoon with a kindergarten class.

After school, Zak and I walked home together and we were all exhausted.  We decided to skip the trunk or treat our school district has because we were all just worn out from the week.  Adrian got stuck at work late as well so we decided to have leftovers for dinner and just chill for a bit tonight.  When he finally got home from work, we had family movie night and watched "Ready Player One."  We all loved it!!  It was a really interesting movie and now I want to read the book as well.  When the movie was over, we got the boys down to bed and then watched two episodes of "Modern Family" before we headed to bed as well.

Saturday (10/26) We all got to sleep in a little today and I got up and moving quickly so I could get to the church to teach my Zumba class.  It was a cold and rainy morning, but we still had a fun time at Zumba!  After class, I came home and picked up Zak to head to his last soccer game of the season.  It was still raining pretty good, but they wanted to get the game in so we played in the cold and rain.  I was pretty miserable but Zak seemed to have fun.  Unfortunately his team struggled a little and ended up losing 4-3.  He was excited to get another medal for this season after the game!!
When we got home, we both took nice hot showers to warm up.  Then the boys played for the afternoon while Adrian and I worked and watched football.  We watched the Buckeyes win big again, yay!  We were supposed to go to the night hike at one of the Scout camps tonight but we decided to skip it since it's still cold and rainy.  Instead we got some take out for dinner and had a family board game night.  AJ and Zak didn't want to play with us, so we played Escape (we won!) and The Mind (we lost on level 9 out of 10) with Daniel.  Then the boys played Fortnight while Adrian and I played our October game of Pandemic Legacy and we won, but just barely.  We had a fun night of board games and wine!!  After we finished our game, we got the boys to bed, watched a few comedies and headed to bed too.  It was a nice balance of work and fun for a Saturday!

Sunday (10/27) We all slept in today and it was amazing!  Unfortunately we slept too late to be able to go to church so we missed another week.  We started the day quickly and got a few things done before Adrian and I headed downtown for our next play of this Broadway season.  We saw "Mean Girls" this afternoon and it was so fun!  The cast was great and the stage set up was very innovative and creative.  It was a great way to spend a few hours this afternoon and just laugh and have fun.
When we got home from the show it was back to work for all of us.  We got the boys thru the rest of their homework, finished up a bunch of housework and cooked a delicious dinner of ribs in the instant pot and a brussels sprout salad.  After we all had dinner and finished up most of our work, we watched "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" together as a family.  Then we got the boys down to bed for the night and watched the Jets game from this afternoon.  It was painful again to watch the game, so many mistakes and bad plays.  They are making it really hard to keep rooting for them!

Monday (10/28) Back to our routine this morning.  We were up early thanks to Zak waking us up before our alarms.  We got AJ up and ready and on the bus to school and then Adrian headed into work for the day.  I helped get Daniel ready and then I dropped him off at school for the day and came back to get Zak ready and dropped off at school.  Then since I didn't have any sub assignments today, I headed home and got to work on my huge to do list.  I got a ton of stuff done today by staying focused and on task all day.  The day passed quickly and before long it was time to pick everyone up from school...so much for everyone riding the bus this year!

When we all got home, the boys started playing since no one had homework tonight.  We had a quick dinner together and then Adrian took AJ to the high school to get ready for his fall band concert.  I ran to church to make sure everything was set up for Zumba and also pick up my Secret Sister gift and new Sister for next session.  Then I picked up the other boys and we headed to the concert as well.  We heard songs from AJ's middle school concert band, the middle school symphonic band and the high school concert band tonight and they were all really good!  I'm thankful for such a strong music program in our school district!  When we got home, we got the boys thru their night routine and then in to bed for the night.  Adrian and I finished a few things around the house and then watched two comedies and headed to bed too.  It was a long, but productive Monday!
Tuesday (10/29) Even though it was a late night last night, we got up and moving on time this morning.  Adrian helped me get AJ on the bus and then he left for work for the day.  I got Daniel ready and dropped him off at school then came home to get Zak and I ready for the day.  We headed into school together because I was subbing all day.  I spent the day with lots of different kids at the gym teacher today which was fun but tiring.  When school was over, Zak and I came home for a short time and then headed out to bowling.  He bowled his best games of the season and nearly broke 100, which is his goal by the end of the season.  After bowling, we came home and all had tacos for dinner before having a relaxing night at home together.  We got thru homework, night routine and got the boys down to bed early before Adrian and I watched two comedies and then headed to bed.

Wednesday (10/30) We got up and moving again on time today.  Adrian helped me get AJ ready and on the bus and then he left for work.  I dropped Daniel off for his first fun day at school while the rest of his class is at 5th grade camp.  He decided to stay behind as did 3 other kids from his class so they are doing fun activities the rest of the week.  I got Zak ready and dropped off at school and then I ran a few errands before heading to the Y to teach my two classes.  Both classes were so much fun and we all got a great pre-Halloween workout!  After class, I ran a few more errands and then picked everyone up from school.  AJ was excited to show me that he got an award in Algebra for the highest average of the 1st quarter.  We are so proud of him!!
When we got home from school, we put away some of the groceries and I got the boys situated for the night.  Thankfully no one had homework so they had free time while I headed to the Harcum Center to sub an Aqua Zumba class for my friend.  We had a fun class, it was good to see some familiar faces!  Then I came home and fed everyone dinner before heading back out with Zak and his friend Jackson to a local church for their trunk or treat event.  It was super crowded and we waited in line forever, but the boys had a great time and got a ton of candy.  Other than the treat stations, we also played a few games and enjoyed watching "Charlie Brown" on the big screen.  When the boys were done there, we finally headed home for the night.  I got the boys thru their night routine and Adrian got home from Bible study in time to help me with bedtime.  Then he and I did a few things around the house before sitting down to watch "Survivor" together and then heading to bed. 
Thursday (10/31) Happy Halloween!!  We struggled a little to get up and moving this morning since we had a later night than we wanted to last night, but we made it on time.  Adrian helped me get AJ and Daniel ready for school and then he headed into work.  I drove AJ and Daniel to school and then came home to get Zak and myself ready for our day.  We headed into school together since I was subbing all day.  I bounced around to a few different classes, but had a pretty good day overall.  After school, we quickly got thru homework and then got ready for trick or treat.  We had our traditional Jets pizza for dinner and then bundled up because it was a cold night.  The wind was brutal and at a few points we had some freezing rain.  AJ decided it was too cold for him so he didn't join us and Daniel and Adrian only made it about 20 minutes.  But Zak and I did a good chunk of the neighborhood and were out for just over 90 minutes.  When we got home and thawed out, the boys decided to watch the Captain Underpants Halloween special before heading to bed for the night.  Adrian was exhausted since he stayed up late last night so he went to bed as well & I watched "Real Housewives" with Rocky and then headed to bed too.  It was a great, if a little cold, Halloween!!

No comments:

Post a Comment