Monday, August 19, 2019

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Aug 18 - Aug 24)

Last week was a wild one with trying to get the boys back on their school schedule.  By Friday we were all dragging and not wanting to do anything.  I also went out all day shopping & to lunch with a friend so I had delicious leftovers to eat that night.  I decided to skip making dinner that night and just eat my leftovers and bump that meal to this week.  Other than that, I pretty much stuck to my meal plan last week.  We did swap out the grilled steak that we planned to have Saturday to Sunday since we were to the drive in Saturday night and wanted something a little easier.  And since I'm writing this after dinner on Sunday, here is a picture of the delicious dinner that we ate.  I used my new spices from Trader Joe's, so good!!
This week gets a little harder yet again.  Zak starts soccer so he has that three times this week.  We have something just about every night this week so there will be a lot of early dinners and eating on the run.  I've been hit or miss with eating well the past few weeks so I'm really trying to refocus this week and try to get back to the weight I started at in August.  We have some veggies piled up from our CSA so I'm focusing my meals around those this week.  And next week I'm changing up my order to mostly have fruits for snacks instead of veggies.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Steak with Chili Lime rub, Roasted Potatoes with Everything but the Bagel & Parmesan Roasted Kale (see picture above - SO good!)
Monday - Eggplant Soup with Corn (carryover from last month)
Tuesday - Tacos for the kids & Shrimp Lettuce Rolls for the adults with Corn
Wednesday - Asian Pork Chops & String Beans with Tomato Salad
Thursday - Chicken Zucchini Stir Fry and Tempura Cauliflower (Trader Joe's find!)
Friday - Baked Pork Chops with whatever veggies I need to use up for the week
Saturday - Breakfast for dinner, including scrambled eggs, sausage & skillet potatoes

Water Flavor - Strawberry Apple.  We got a bad bag of apples last week so I'll be using them up in my water over the next few weeks.  We also had a few strawberries left so I threw them in before they go bad.

Overnight Oats - I didn't actually wind up eating them much last week so I didn't make any over the weekend.  I still have watermelon flavored ones from last week, they are delicious, especially with the chocolate mint chips that I sprinkle in each morning.

Use it Up - Once again, I'm focusing on my oldest veggies this week.  We also have a ton of potatoes from the CSA so we're going to be using them more frequently over the next few weeks.  We also have a ton of breakfast sausage in the freezer so that's what inspired our dinner on Saturday.  That may be a frequent meal over the next few weeks to use all of that stuff up! 

Lunches - I'll be having salad everyday this week.  I got restocked on romaine at Costco last week and have a few avocados to use up as well.  Plus I'm going out to lunch downtown with Adrian one day this week.  Since I'm not really subbing yet we figured we'd take advantage of my free time and grab lunch together.

No comments:

Post a Comment