Friday, August 30, 2019

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 8/23 - 8/29)

Friday (8/23) We made it thru the first full week of school!!  Whew!  We got up and moving pretty quickly this morning and Adrian headed out to work early after helping get the boys ready for the day.  I got AJ and Daniel on the bus and then headed in and got Zak ready for his day.  I got Zak on the bus and then took Nick on a quick walk.  Then I spent the whole day working around the house getting stuff done.  My goal is to get as much done around the house as possible whenever I'm not subbing.  The day passed quickly as I worked and before long the boys were all home.  Their buses were all early and I actually missed getting them all off the bus, thankfully they all know what to do!!

When everyone was home, we went thru their book bags and made a plan for the weekend.  Then they played video games for a while and I continued to work around the house.  Daniel got ready to head to a sleepover at his friend's house for the night while the rest of us got ready for family movie night.  After I dropped Daniel off, the rest of us had dinner together and then a little video game time for the boys while Adrian and I cleaned up.  Then we watched AJ's movie pick "Pokemon: I Choose You."  The boys loved it but Adrian and I thought it was a little boring.  When the movie was over, we got the boys to bed and then got our snacks for the night.  We watched an episode of "The Good Doctor" and then headed to bed, it's been a long week!

Saturday (8/24) Today started earlier than I wanted it to since I had to teach this morning.  I got up and got ready and headed out to the church to teach my Zumba Toning class.  We had a great time, but were all exhausted after class.  After class, I headed to Kroger to grab a few things then picked up Daniel from his sleepover.  He had a great time and the boys are hoping to get together once a month to see each other.  When we got home, I got a few things done around the house and then got ready to head back to the church to volunteer at the back to school bash.  I had a table for my Zumba classes and AJ also volunteered to recruit Scouts for his troop & Zak's pack.
Adrian brought the other boys up to the church to play at the bash and everyone had a great time.  Daniel & Zak enjoyed the bounce houses, games and Italian ice.  Adrian and I got tacos from one of the food trucks and had dinner together at my table.  I didn't get a lot of traffic at my Zumba table, but I talked to a few people who may check out the class.  The weather was beautiful and we had a really nice family night!  When we got home, we were all worn out so we got the boys thru their night routine and down to bed.  Then Adrian and I watched two episodes of "The Good Doctor" before heading to bed.  We only have two episodes left in the season, it's such a great show!

Sunday (8/25) We slept in a little this morning and then got up and moving quickly to go to our church's grand opening for our new expansion.  The building looks amazing and I'm so excited to see how the space is used in the future!  Adrian and I heard a great sermon in the first service and then I headed back to volunteer in childcare for second service.  After church, we came home and had lunch and then got to work on a few things we needed to do around the house.  The day passed quickly with work and relaxing.  The boys went to Martial Arts in the evening and had a great training session.  Then we had pasta for dinner before finishing up a few things and heading into our night routine.  We got the boys down for the night and Adrian and I played a quick, fun game of Gizmos and then watched the last two episodes of "The Good Doctor."  Such a great ending, such an amazing season!
Monday (8/26) Today was a crazy, emotional day that started with very little sleep last night.  Late last night, Nick bit my arm pretty bad.  While I'm OK, we no longer trust him here with us and the kids.  We told the boys before school that we would be surrendering him and they begged us to see if there was anything else we could do.  Adrian took the day off and we called a few people and realized the best decision was to part ways with Nick.  We waited until the boys got home from school and let them say goodbye before Adrian took him to surrender him.  We are all super sad and wish there was something else we could have done.  The boys want to find a new dog right away but Adrian and I are going to take our time and make sure we're not in this situation again.
While all of that was going on, life was still happening too.  Zak had a horrible stomach ache and diarrhea so he stayed home from school for the day.  AJ and Daniel went to school and said they had good days but were very distracted.  I had some stuff to get done around the house during the day and then I had to get ready for my free Zumba class tonight.  I had a great turnout and had over 40 people come to dance with me tonight!!  It was so much fun and a much needed distraction.  While I was there, Adrian took AJ to Scouts where he finished up a few things to earn a few merit badges at their upcoming Court of Honor.  The house seemed quiet all night without a dog here, so Adrian and I decided to start looking for a puppy soon.
Tuesday (8/27) We got a good night of sleep and are all trying to put yesterday behind us and move on with our week.  We got up and moving on time this morning.  Adrian helped me get AJ and Daniel ready and then he headed into work for the day.  I got them on the bus, then got Zak and myself ready for the day.  I got him on the bus and then I got ready to head into Harcum for two Silver Sneakers classes there.  It is my last week there so I had to say some goodbyes today, it's getting hard to leave but I know it's the right choice.  After class there, I headed over to the YMCA to teach my Silver Sneakers class there.  I was worn out after all three classes, but I ran to Aldi to grab a few things for the week before heading home.

I got everyone off the bus and thru their homework pretty quickly.  Then I gave them some free time while I did a few things around the house.  We had tacos for dinner before I headed out to register Zak for Scouts for the year.  He will be a Wolf this year and I will be his leader, along with two other parents.  When I got home, Adrian and I got the boys thru their night routine and down to bed for the night.  Then we watched an episode of "This is Us," the last show we need to catch up on this summer before the new shows start next month, before heading to bed for the night.
Wednesday (8/28) We're doing a little better getting back to normal life but we are all missing having a dog in the house.  We all got up and moving on time today and Adrian left for work after helping me get AJ and Daniel ready.  I put them on the bus and then got Zak ready for his day and put him on the bus.  Since I still haven't gotten any subbing assignments, I spent the whole day working around the house.  I got a ton of stuff done and the day passed super quickly!  Before long it was time to get everyone off the bus and start our afternoon routine.  We finished homework and I got dinner ready for everyone.  After a quick dinner, Zak and I headed to his soccer practice.  He did a great job of listening to his coach and hustling all practice!  When we got home, the boys had a little bit of free time to play video games before starting their night routine.  Adrian got home from Bible study in time to help get everyone down in bed for the night.  Then he and I finished cleaning up the kitchen, watched another episode of "This is Us" and headed to bed.

Thursday (8/28) We are slowly adjusting to not having a dog in the house, although we are all still wishing we had one.  We got another great night of sleep and all got up and moving on time this morning.  Adrian helped me get AJ and Daniel ready and then headed off to work.  After I got them on the bus, I got Zak and myself ready for our day.  I put Zak on the bus and then headed into Harcum to teach my last class there.  It was a very emotional morning but we had two great classes and some cake in between.  My students made me feel very loved with gifts, hugs, cards and treats.  I'm going to miss teaching there but I know this is the right choice at this time.
After my classes, I headed home and got a bunch of stuff done around the house before the boys got home from school.  After I got everyone off the bus, we figured out what we needed to do for homework and then AJ's friend Landon came over to hang out for a while.  They had a great time playing board games and video games together and also enjoyed some pizza for dinner.  I'm so proud of AJ for making this new friend & arranging this "hang" on his own!  While they were hanging out, I headed to the church to teach my Zumba class.  I was a little off tonight, as were most of my students, but we still had a great time in class!  After class, I came home and was really worn out.  We got the boys thru their night routine and then down to bed for the night.  Then Adrian and I spent about 20 minutes cleaning up as much as we could before settling down to watch another episode of "This is Us" before heading to bed.  This week has been exhausting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment