Sunday, August 4, 2019

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 7/26 - 8/1)

Friday (7/26) We all slept in today after the late night last night.  Adrian got up and headed to work for a few hours, he's mostly in overtime today which is awesome.  The boys and I had a slow start and decided to change our plans and skip seeing Shrek in the movie theater this morning.  I got a bunch of stuff done around the house while the boys played and relaxed.  The day passed quickly and soon Adrian was home from work.  We had a quick dinner together and then got packed up and headed out to Zoombeezi Bay for the night as a family.

We got the the Bay and it was super crowded, probably because it was an awesome day.  We got the boys in the wave pool and Adrian and I stalked people leaving and finally got great seats near the wave pool.  The boys and Adrian played in the wave pool, lazy river and Baboon Lagoon while I relaxed on our chairs reading and resting.  The movie tonight was the new Grinch movie which we've already seen.  The boys started watching it but Daniel got bored.  He went and rode rides with Adrian and them came back and asked me to ride with him.  He and I finally braved the cone ride & it was awesome!!  We got back right as the movie ended and since the slides were opened for another 40 minutes, we did Sound Surfer and Dolphin Dash as a family.  We finished up with a float around the lazy river before heading home and heading to bed exhausted.  It was a great family night!!

Saturday (7/27) Today started way earlier than I wanted it to after the late night last night.  I got up and got moving to head to the church to teach Zumba.  We had an awesome class celebrating the fact that 6 years ago today I got my Zumba license!!  After a sweaty class, I headed home and got a quick shower before heading out to get a quick eyebrow wax.  Then I came home and we all had a quick lunch together before splitting up for the afternoon.  Adrian headed to a CABS meeting to play some games while I took Zak to his basketball game.  His whole team played great so his coach rewarded them with medals for everyone and candy for snack.  Zak was SO excited!!
After the game, we came home and got ready for the rest of the day.  AJ got ready for basketball and he and Daniel packed up for their slumber party tonight.  I prepped dinner and took care of Nick and a few things around the house.  Then I headed out with AJ to his basketball game.  AJ had a slow start but then played a nice game & his team won by a lot.  He had fun playing & knew he did really well the second half so I was really proud of him.  After the game we came home and picked up Daniel and I dropped them both off at their slumber party for the night.  I took Zak for McDonald's for dinner and Adrian grilled steak for us for dinner.

While we cleaned up from dinner, Zak watched a few video games.  Then as we were getting ready to play a board game, he heard the ice cream truck and went running down the street with one shoe on to catch him.  It was pretty funny!!  After he enjoyed his ice cream cone, the three of us played a new to us game, Star Trek.  It is a team dice rolling game and is very fun and super easy to learn.  After the game, we got Zak down to bed and Adrian and I played our next month of Pandemic Legacy.  It was probably our hardest month yet but we pulled out another win!  I'm so thankful we're caught up now and am looking forward to finishing up this year.  After we finished the game, we had a quick snack, watched another episode of "The Good Doctor" and headed to bed.

Sunday (7/28) We all slept in a little since we stayed up later last night.  We were all feeling lazy so we had a lazy morning of coffee, video games and relaxing.  AJ and Daniel were having a great time at their friends' house and they decided to watch "Avengers: Endgame" so we had the morning with just Zak.  Once we finally got motivated, we got a bunch of stuff done around the house while Zak played and watched TV.  Adrian went and picked the other boys up around 1pm and they were pretty tired after an awesome night with friends.  We decided that the best bet for all of us was to have a relaxing day at home together as a family.

Adrian and I got a ton of stuff done and feel great going into this week.  The boys played video games, watched YouTube and helped us clean a little.  Adrian, Daniel and I took a break from work and played a game of "The Mind" which unfortunately we didn't win this time.  Adrian also took AJ and Zak to find a local geocache so AJ could earn his geocaching merit badge from Scouts.  The day passed quickly and before long it was time for the boys' night routine, which we did early since everyone was down sleep.  After we got them down to bed, Adrian and I got some wine and played a new game "Viticulture."  It was a slow start and really confusing for me, but I got the hang of it and we had a good time.  When the game was over, we watched another episode of "The Good Doctor" and then headed to bed, probably later than we should have.
Monday (7/29) Today started way too early since we stayed up so late last night.  Adrian got up and left to drop his car off at the dealership for some work.  I followed soon after to pick him up and then pick my mom up from the airport as well.  We came home and got settled in and the boys visited with Nana for a bit, then we had a quick lunch and headed out to COSI for the afternoon.  We saw the two new exhibits first, Mythical Creatures and Jim Henson Experience.  Both were very interesting and I especially liked learning about Henson and all of the Muppets he created.  We hit the dinosaur exhibit in between these two since it is the boys' favorite exhibit.
After that full afternoon, we headed out to pick up Adrian's car and then head home to cook dinner for a family dinner with Carl and his family too.  We had a summer Thanksgiving with a delicious turkey and a bunch of fresh veggies for sides.  The kids had fun playing together while the adults chatted a bit and tried to keep Nick calm.  He didn't do great with all of the new people in the house at once, but we're making progress.  After dinner, Carl and his family headed home and my mom headed to bed since she had been up for so long.  We got the boys down to bed, finished cleaning up the house and headed to bed as well.  It was a fun filled family day!!

Tuesday (7/30) Today we woke up to a rainy, overcast morning.  We didn't really have plans for the day because I had to work most of the day.  I got ready and headed out to the Harcum Center to teach my two Silver Sneakers classes this morning.  We had a good workout and everyone was very appreciative that I came in so they could still have class.  After class, I ran home and grabbed a quick lunch before heading back out to the Y to teach another Silver Sneakers class that I was subbing for another instructor.  When that was over, I finally headed home for the day.

While I was gone, the boys helped my mom bake a crumb cake for all of us to enjoy.  They also played a few board games with her and played some video games on their own.  Adrian got ready to leave for his weekend away at GenCon which starts early tomorrow morning.  He also got a few things done around the house that we needed done and he also took AJ to his pediatrician appointment in the afternoon so I could have some time off.  When we all got home for the day, we grilled chicken for dinner and had some fresh veggies for sides before heading out for the night.  We headed back to the drive in to see "The Lion King."  We had a fun time at the drive in as always, but the movie was just OK.  I didn't really like it that much, I thought the singing was lacking and the voices in the original were better.  But we enjoyed the experience of it and I'm glad I saw it.  When we got home, it was super late so we all pretty much headed straight to bed for the night.
Wednesday (7/31) Adrian got up super early and headed out to catch the bus to Indianapolis.  He will be at GenCon until late Sunday night for his 50th birthday get away.  He's working for part of the time as a representative for a new game that he will be demoing for other gamers.  When he's not working he'll be able to walk around and explore and play some games for himself.  I'll be on my own for the next few days so I'm praying it goes well around here!!

The rest of us all slept in since we were out so late last night.  We got up and got moving and headed up to meet Carl and the kids at the dinosaur splash pads and park.  The kids had a great time running around in the water, playing at the park and enjoying a picnic for lunch.  They also all got snow cones from the little stand there.  We spent about 3 hours there and then we headed back home, but not without first stopping at Menchie's for a sweet treat courtesy of Nana.  It was a fun and relaxing afternoon with family!
When we finally got home, I took care of Nick while my mom started on eggplant parmesan for our dinner.  She played a few board games with the boys while I got a few things done around the house.  After dinner, we settled in for a movie night watching "Christopher Robin."  It was a cute movie, but a little slow, especially for Zak.  When the movie was over, I got the boys down to bed for the night and finished cleaning up around the house.  Then my Mom and I also headed to bed since we have a busy day planned at the fair tomorrow!

Thursday (8/1) After a good night of sleep, we were all up bright and early to head to the fair for the day!  We all got ready, had a good breakfast and headed downtown.  We got to the fair around 11am and hit the ground running.  We met Carl, Sarah and the kids there and all of the kids had a blast riding all of the rides.  My mom enjoyed taking turns riding with the kids and resting, as did the rest of us adults.  The favorite rides of the day were the Crazy Mouse and Iron Dragon, both small roller coasters.  The kids also did a bunch of spinning rides which the adults mostly sat out.  In between rides we ate the delicious food including chili cheese fries, fried oreos, fried cookie dough, fried pickles and my annual serving of fried buckeyes.
We stayed at the fair until around 7pm and finally headed home for the day.  It was a fun but exhausting day for all of us!  We got home and the boys helped me unload the car and then I took Nick on a nice long walk and got him dinner.  We spent the rest of the night playing with Nick and relaxing.  The boys had some video game time and then I got them thru their night routine.  When they were in bed, I took Nick for one more walk and then did a few things around the house before collapsing for the night.  This single mom thing is hard and I was exhausted after the full day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment