Monday, August 12, 2019

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Aug 11 - Aug 17)

I did pretty good sticking to last week's meal plan except for Wednesday.  I was out with the boys all day and was exhausted when I got home.  Since Adrian wasn't here, I decided to just eat leftovers for dinner.  I think it was a good choice!  So I switched some meals around and have one meal on this week's plan that should have been on last week's plan.  We ended up picking up Jets pizza on the way home from the zoo last Saturday so the boys will enjoy eating that as leftovers for most of their dinners this week.

This is back to school week for my boys!  They go back on Wednesday and we're excited and also nervous about a new school year.  I will not be subbing at all this week so I will have a lot of free time to prep and cook our meals.  I'm also hoping to get a ton of stuff on my to do list done on Wednesday and Thursday so I feel even more caught up on life this week.  Then on Friday I have plans with a friend to go to Costco and do a stock up trip, as well as going to have lunch together after we shop.  It should be a very fun day!!

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Leftovers for the boys, Adrian and I are going to Cooper's Hawk for dinner!
Monday - Turkey Chili and Roasted Kale
Tuesday - Taco Tuesday!!
Wednesday - Crab Legs and Corn on the Cob, all cooked in the instant pot
Thursday - Pasta with Scallops, carry over from last week
Friday - Eggplant Soup
Saturday - Steak on the grill with Roasted Potatoes and Zucchini

Water Flavor - Lemon.  I have two lemons left from the summer so I'm using them up this week in my water.

Overnight Oats - I'm finally using my watermelon flavored yogurt that I found in Aldi over the summer.  I'll be adding chocolate & mint chips into the oats for the week too.  It all sounds so yummy!

Use It Up - I'm continuing to work on keeping up with the veggies we have in the fridge and using up the meat I have in the freezer in the basement.  I've done very little grocery shopping the past few weeks and I'm hoping to continue that for at least two more weeks. 

Lunches - I'll be having salad for lunch everyday this week because I have a bunch of lettuce to use up.  I'll use leftover taco meat for some and lunch meat and hard boiled eggs for the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment