Friday, August 9, 2019

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 8/2 - 8/8)

Friday (8/2) Today started earlier than I wanted it to with Zak and Nick waking me up early.  I am still exhausted from the fair yesterday plus being a single mom while Adrian is still out of town for the next few days.  We spent most of the day hanging around the house being lazy.  I got a bunch of stuff done around the house while the boys helped a little, played video games and watched TV.  Late in the afternoon, we got ready to head out and went to Carl's house for one more family dinner before my Mom heads out tomorrow.  We enjoyed delicious ribs, good conversation and fun times watching the kids play together.  We didn't stay too late because I was so tired and I have a busy day ahead of me tomorrow.  When we got home, I let the boys watch the 3 new episodes of Teen Titans that recorded then got them down to bed for the night.  I finished up a few more things and then headed to bed too.  I'm hoping for a good night of sleep because I have a busy week ahead starting with tomorrow!
Saturday (8/3) Today started too early again since AJ had a rough time sleeping last night and kept me up too.  I had to get up early to head to the church to teach my Zumba class this morning.  Unfortunately it was a rough start to the day, between all of the boys being up, Nick being annoying on our first walk of the day and the church key going missing so we had to improvise for Zumba class.  Thankfully I felt better after dancing for an hour, as I always do.  When I got home from class, I took a quick shower and got ready for our last weekend of basketball.

After a quick lunch with the boys, I headed out with Zak to his last basketball game.  He played great, got a bunch of rebounds and a few baskets in his game.  He was super excited about being named the most improved player for the season!  After his game, we headed home and I relaxed for a while before heading out with AJ for his last basketball game.  His team practiced well but unfortunately got destroyed in their last game.  AJ was super excited to hear from his coach that he played really well all season and coach even stayed after with us to give me some suggestions of where AJ could play again this winter.
After all of that basketball, we got home and I was exhausted.  I got everyone thru dinner and took care of a few things that had to be done around the house.  Then I spent the rest of the night relaxing and watching Beverly Hills 90210 reruns to get ready for the return of the show this week.  I got the boys to bed later than I wanted, but they did take Nick in their room for the night.  They have been wanted to sleep with him for weeks, I hope it goes OK.  I headed to bed pretty early too hoping to get some good rest tonight!  One more full day of being on my own with the kids!

Sunday (8/4) Today once again started earlier than I wanted it to because Zak and Nick were up at 5:30am.  I sent them downstairs and got another hour or so of sleep but I have been dragging all day because I didn't get near enough sleep.  We got a very slow start to our morning and decided to blow off our whole day and just hang at home.  The boys were very helpful to get a few things done around the house.  Then they spent the rest of their day playing, watching YouTube and watching TV.  I got a bunch of things done around the house and feel accomplished and ready to face this week.  It wasn't the most exciting day but it was exactly what we needed today.  Adrian got on the bus in Indy around 8:30pm and got home super late.  I tried to wait up for him but I just couldn't do it, so Nick & I went to bed.  Good thing I didn't wait because he didn't get in until after 1am.

Monday (8/5) We all slept in a little thankfully, probably because we were down sleep from last night.  Adrian decided to call out of work today and spend the day at home with us.  We had a lazy morning chatting with him and hearing all about the fun he had in Indy.  He had a great time, played some fun games and brought a few of them home with him.  He also met some fun people and enjoyed helping to demo a game for a local game designer.  The boys told him all about the fair, basketball and their time with Nana, plus all of the video games they got to play while he was gone.

We were supposed to go see Willie Wonka & the Chocolate Factory today but since Dad was home, no one wanted to go out.  So we had a chill day at home instead.  I got a few things done around the house, including going thru AJ's closet and making sure he's ready for the school year.  We had an early dinner together and then split up for our evening activities.  I headed to the church to teach my Zumba class & had so much fun dancing with everyone!!  It felt great to move and sweat after having most of last week off.  Adrian took AJ to Scouts and they reported that AJ finished his geocache merit badge and worked on further advancement for him.  When we all got home, Adrian and I got the boys down to bed for the night, finished up a few things in the kitchen and watched last week's Press Your Luck together before heading to bed too.

Tuesday (8/6) Adrian and I were back to our normal routine today and back to work.  He got up early and headed out to work for the day.  I got up soon after him and headed into Harcum to teach my two Silver Sneakers classes.  We had a lot of laughs today, especially my second class.  After class, I ran to Aldi to get a few groceries we needed then headed home.  We had a quick lunch and then the boys and I headed out to the eye doctor for our annual check ups.  Everyone is doing great, none of the boys need glasses and my prescription hasn't changed since last year.  Yay!!

After our appointments, we ran to Dollar Tree to grab some snacks for tomorrow and then headed home.  I made tacos for us for dinner and we all ate together.  Then the boys played while Adrian and I got a few things done around the house.  The night passed quickly and soon it was time for the boys to head to bed.  We got them thru their night routine and then we got our snacks and watched last week's Card Sharks before we headed to bed as well.

Wednesday (8/7) Adrian got up and out early to work today while the rest of us slept in.  When we finally got up and moving, we got ready and headed out to Zoombeezi Bay for our last trip of the summer.  There was a good chance of storms so we were hoping it wouldn't be too crowded today, but we were wrong.  It was still super crowded so we found some seats and made the best of it.  We waited in line for the big slides that we wanted to ride and spent the rest of our time in the wave pool, lazy river and baboon lagoon.  The day didn't go exactly as we planned but we made the best of it and still had a great time!  Now the boys want to go back on a weekend if we think it won't be too crowded, so we'll watch the weather for the next few weeks and see if we can get back or not.
After we got home, we were all super worn out.  The boys helped me get unloaded and settled and then they played together while I got a few things done around the house.  I decided to just have leftovers for dinner since Adrian was at Bible study and we were all dragging.  The night passed quickly and Adrian got home in time to help with bedtime.  We got the boys down to bed and then got our snacks and settled in to watch the new 90210 reboot.  It was cute, not exactly what I was expecting but still cute.  I'll keep watching because of the nostalgia if nothing else. 

Thursday (8/8) Adrian got up and headed out to work early again today.  I got up soon after him and got ready to head to Harcum Center to teach my two Silver Sneakers classes.  We had fun classes and got a great workout.  After class, I ran to Kroger to pick up a few things and then headed home to get lunch for everyone.  After lunch, AJ and I headed to his school to pick up his schedule for next year.  He got the electives he asked for and is very excited about his schedule.  We walked his schedule so he knows where everything is, got into his locker and saw a few of his friends.  At least one of his buddies is in his lunch so he's super excited about that!
When we got home from the school, I got started on dinner while the boys played some video games.  After dinner, I headed out to the church to teach my Zumba class.  We had an awesome class tonight and laughed a lot while we were working out.  After class I came home and helped get the boys thru their night routine and into bed.  Then Adrian and I got snacks and watched last week's episode of "Younger" together.  Then he had to get online to work so I headed upstairs to bed and watched the premier of "Real Housewives of Orange County" before heading to bed for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment