Friday, August 23, 2019

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 8/16 - 8/22)

Friday (8/16) We got up and moving again on time early this morning, but we are feeling the effects of the early mornings for sure.  Adrian helped get AJ and Daniel up and ready for school and then headed to work.  I waited for the bus with them and then came in to get Zak and myself ready for the day.  I put Zak on the bus and then headed out to pick up my friend for our girls day.  We headed to Easton to shop and eat together for the day!!  We went to Trader Joe's, Costco & Kroger to restock on some essentials that we haven't been able to get since our boys have been home all summer.  Then we headed to Cooper's Hawk for a wine tasting and lunch.  We had a great day of shopping, eating, chatting and laughing!!
We got home soon after all of the kids were home and then I started my least favorite part, unloading everything and putting it away.  Thankfully the boys helped me unload the car and bring everything into the house.  When everything was in and the perishables were put away, I was exhausted!  I did only what I had to do for the rest of the night.  The boys had some video game time while I rested on the couch and did a few things on the computer.  Then we all had dinner, did some clean up and got ready for family movie night.  We are starting this over this year with each Friday being family movie night.  This week was Zak's pick and he picked "Hotel for Dogs."  It was super cute, way better than I thought it would be.  When it was over, I put the boys to bed, watched this week's "Jersey Shore" and then headed to bed too.  Adrian was out all night at a CABS meeting where he had a great time playing board games with friends.  He got home well after the rest of us were sound asleep!
Saturday (8/17) I was the first one up today, only because my alarm went off and I had to get up.  I got ready and headed out to teach my Zumba Toning class at the church.  Unfortunately, the air conditioning was off and it was super HOT in class.  We made it thru, but just barely.  While I was at class, Adrian got the boys up and started on our day.  The spent most of the morning cleaning up the loft and their bedrooms upstairs because we have largely ignored these areas this summer.  The boys did a great job and worked really hard getting everything cleaned up!

After showers and lunch, the boys had a play date with friends.  I dropped AJ off at his friend Braven's house and picked up Braven's brother Gabriel to come over here to play with Daniel and Zak.  All of the boys had a great time playing video games together for the afternoon!  Nick loved sitting upstairs with the boys, he would not leave their side since there was a new person in the house.  After a few hours, the other boys' mom dropped AJ off and picked Gabriel up.  We're thankful to have friends that we're able to do this kind of thing with!
After the fun filled afternoon, the boys took some time to play video games while Adrian and I got a few things done around the house.  Then we all had dinner and got packed up and ready to head to the drive in for the last time this season.  We went to see "Angry Birds 2" tonight.  It was just OK, although there were a lot of funny parts.  The boys liked it, but said the first one was better.  We had a fun family night though and everyone enjoyed eating the yummy food, including the popcorn we bought there for the first time and it was delicious!  When we got home, it was super late so we put the boys to bed, caught our breath and then headed up to bed too.  Unfortunately our bedtime was delayed because Zak had thrown up in his bed so we needed to get him and the bed all cleaned up.  I'm sure he just ate too much junk today, but we'll see how he feels in the morning.

Sunday (8/18) After a bit of a rough night, we all got to sleep in a little this morning.  We had a slow morning at home and then got ready and headed out to second service for church.  We all heard a great message this morning and then came home to have lunch together.  Then Daniel's friend came over to hang out for the afternoon while AJ finished his homework for the weekend and I worked on all of the laundry.  The day passed quickly as the boys played and Adrian and I worked around the house.  After Yusuf left, the boys got ready for Martial Arts and Adrian took them there while I stayed home and prepped dinner.

When they got home from Martial Arts, we all had dinner together and got a few last things done around the house to be ready for the week.  We also started working on cleaning out the play room because the boys are finally ready to start getting rid of stuff - yay!!  Then we got the boys thru their night routine and down for the night.  Adrian and I decided to play another round of Pandemic Legacy tonight since we haven't beat August yet.  Tonight we won easily and really believe we only lost last week because of the wine we were drinking.  We are now down thru Sept and are set up pretty good for next month.  After the game, we watched another episode of "The Good Doctor" and headed to bed to rest up for the week.

Monday (8/19) Back to the routine for our first full week of school this week.  We got up and moving early and Adrian helped me get AJ and Daniel ready and out to the bus stop before he headed out to work.  After they all left, I came back in and got Zak ready for school.  After he got on the bus, I started working around the house.  My plan for the next few weeks is whenever I'm not subbing in the schools, I will be working my butt off around the house to catch up on a bunch of stuff that needs to be done.  I got a ton done and the day passed quickly.  Before I knew it, it was time to get everyone off the bus and start getting ready for our night activities.

We had to split up and do a few different things tonight, our Mondays are now the busiest day of the week for us!  I cooked a quick dinner and we all ate together before Adrian headed out with Zak to take him to his first soccer practice.  He had a great time and is super excited to be back on the field.  I got AJ ready for Scouts and then headed out to teach my Zumba class at church.  We had a great class and I nailed a new song which is always a great feeling!  AJ was picked up by another parent in Scouts and he went to his meeting where they cooked foil packs for dinner to complete their cooking merit badge.  Adrian dropped Zak off at home after soccer & went to pick AJ up from Scouts.  It was a lot of juggling, but we got it all done!  When we got home, we got the boys thru their night routine and then down to bed.  Then we stayed up too late watching the two part "Good Doctor" when the hospital was under quarantine.  Such a great show!!
Tuesday (8/20) We struggled to get up this morning after staying up late last night but we made it up on time and got everyone out OK.  Adrian helped me get AJ & Daniel ready for school and then headed into work for the day while I got them on the bus.  Then I got Zak and myself ready for our day.  I got Zak on the bus, took Nick for a quick walk and headed to the Harcum Center to teach my two Silver Sneakers classes.  We had a fun workout and then I headed over to the YMCA to teach my third class of the day.  I'm picking up two classes there for this fall session since I'm dropping my classes at the Harcum Center and those started this week.  I had a small class, but everyone had fun so hopefully it will pick up over the next few weeks.

After class, I ran a few errands and then headed home to get everyone off the bus.  AJ and Daniel both had homework so they worked on that and then we had a rare night with nothing to do so we just hung out at the house.  We enjoyed tacos for dinner and then the boys played while Adrian and I got a few things done.  We got the boys thru their night routine a little early and got them down to bed.  Then we watched one more episode of "The Good Doctor" before we headed to bed a little early since we were so tired from last night.
Wednesday (8/21) We got up and moving a little better today than we did yesterday but we are still getting used to getting up this early every day.  Adrian helped me get AJ and Daniel ready and they he headed into work for the day.  I got them on the bus and then got Zak and myself ready for the day.  After Zak got on the bus, I headed to the Y to take a barre class which was super hard but super fun.  Then I ran a bunch of errands that I needed to get done for the week, including an oil change and some grocery shopping.  I got home around lunch time and spent the rest of the afternoon working around the house until the boys got home.

When they got home, we quickly finished homework and had dinner.  Then I headed out with Zak to go to his soccer practice.  We were super late getting there due to a huge accident on the way.  But he had fun and played hard for the time that we were there.  When we got home, I gave the boys a little free time and then we got thru their night routine.  Adrian was at Bible study so I was on my own to get them ready for bed.  He came home just in time to help put them to sleep.  Then we came down and chatted for a bit while cleaning up and getting our snacks together.  We finished up the night watching the two most recent episodes of "Younger" and then heading to bed.

Thursday (8/22) We got up and moving pretty well this morning and everyone got out on time.  Adrian helped me get AJ and Daniel ready and then headed to work while I waited for the bus with them.  After they got on the bus, I got Zak and I ready for the day.  I put Zak on the bus, walked Nick and headed out to the Harcum Center to teach my two Silver Sneakers classes.  We got a great workout and I am feeling my workout from yesterday!  After class, I came back home and worked around the house until the boys got home.  After I got everyone off the bus, I got them thru homework and then got dinner together for us.  Adrian had a going away dinner for a co-worker so he was late getting home.  After dinner, I headed out to the church to teach an awesome Zumba class while Adrian hung out here with the boys.  After class, I had to run to Meijer to finish Daniel's homework because he needed headphones for school tomorrow.  When I finally got home, the boys were heading up to bed so I helped get them down for the night.  Then Adrian and I finished cleaning up after dinner, made snacks and watched the newest "BH 90210" before heading to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment